A New Airport In Georgia

Thread: A New Airport In Georgia

A New Airport In Georgia

I like to go to Skyvector and find airports that have not been done by anyone before except ACES back in 2010 or before as a default airport. Sometimes they are not too bad and I let them go as default flying into or out of only on rare occasions. This is one that after checking it on Google Earth just intrigued me because AMAZON has TWO huge distribution centers right next to the airport. I am sure that corporate aircrafts fly in and out periodically. Anyway...l have been working on for two weeks now creating mostly all of the buildings in Sketchup and with the help of Oasis Aviation Maintenance most helpful staff who took shots for me of the buildings I could not see properly in Google Earth or Google Map Street Level, I have finished all the buildings. It was created on a photoreal background for placement with SBuilderX (having been tutored by Falcon409) and I will be adding night and seasonal photoreal to it as well as autogen using the Annotator (also taught to me generously by Falcon409) my teacher Dr. Farrell Osborne taught me to "give credit where credit is due" and be humble to admit it. A great man of God! Here is the hanger side of Oasis Aviation Maintenance building with a photo texture. I was amazed how great it looked in the sim. The siding is also custom-matched from a photo in Sketchup, too. I will post some more shots of other buildings later on. I wanted to share this before I start work on next week's radio programs.

Taxiways

As you know, Google Earth does not give night views so it is impossible to know if and how runways/taxiways/aprons are lit and marked. I was able to get all the help I needed from the airport manager and the taxiways are all properly lit with ONLY blue edge lights; no lines or centerline lights. It is not a large airport even though FltPlan.com says that it has over 100 aircraft permanently based there: 97 single engine, 9 multi-engine,5 helicopters and 4 jets. There is 100LL and Jet fuel available which is represented with a refueling area.

KCCO Newnan-Coweta At Night

I was able to find some more shots of the airport which showed me I had to do two more buildings. I was able to do one tonight which is really cool with the beacon on top of an old hanger next to the current terminal. I also found in the county site that there are proposed changes so in 2023 I may update this if they approve it. Here is a shot at night. I also did all four seasonal textures but the changes are actually subtle. They DOP change color though. It's terminal building and autogen annotator tomorrow.

Google Maps satellite imagery is sometimes of sufficient resolution to see edge lights. Another option is Bing Maps, sometimes the resolution of Bing Maps is better and often there is the option of a rotatable "bird's eye" view that allows you to see areas from a 45 degree angle instead of just an overhead view. When Bing Maps has the bird's eye view, I can sometimes even read the taxiway signs.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You could also duplicate the interior texture of the hangar and add the "_lm", then in MCX set it as a night map which would look great at night.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

thanks

Thank you both for the suggestions. The Oasis Aviation Hanger is not open or lit at night with only daytime work hours but that is a good suggestion that I have used for walkways at other airports. I wish I could figure out how to have the doors closed at night and open during the day time. I may try and see if a SODE object of the door would work. Never done that before.

I WILL light up the terminal which I am creating today for sure. Also Standds thank you for the Bing Maps suggestion, I will check that out today for more views of the terminal which are very spare.

Job Never Done

I redid the photoreal textures so that they were much clearer by getting closer in SBCX with less area and when I reopened up Google Earth and ADEx I saw that there are more taxiway markings AND signs none of which I had so I have spent the time since posting this morning updating the airport. I also have a call into the airport manager who is going to call me back being very busy today with taxiway designations later or tomorrow. I am also working on the terminal while I wait.

Verrrry Interestink

For those of us old enough to remember Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In and Arty Johnson...

I got that call back yesterday afternoon. I printed out my ADEx airport diagram. Jeppsen doesn't have one that shows taxiway designations. Google Earth's photos have two taxiways that are not there anymore and NOT one that has been repaired and is as he informed me. Nice guy and a big help. MY version of KCCO is accurate as of today. It will be interesting if/when the changes are approved by the county. That was easy to do and thank the Lord I am feeling a lot better than I have been this past week. Sinuses have been miserable with the Fall Season change. Last night was a blessing though with an extra hour sleep.

Bushpilot over at FSDeveloper is helping me to figure out how to have two Oasis Garmin hanger models one with the door open/photoreal interior as above and the other door closed that I was easily able to convert. More later. Tomorrow I am flying the GAS OTW for a few hours between some of my airports and looking forward to it. Thanks for a great job, Paul!

Richard,

I commend your outstanding efforts, enthusiasm and tenacity in developing the remote airports that you create. As you know, I mainly use P3D V5.3 user but still have P3DV3 and V4 for use
    with the older coded sceneries. Question, will the interiors of the hangers you are developing be lighted? Get well soon.

Butch

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    For those of us old enough to remember Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In and Arty Johnson...

I got that call back yesterday afternoon. I printed out my ADEx airport diagram. Jeppsen doesn't have one that shows taxiway designations. Google Earth's photos have two taxiways that are not there anymore and NOT one that has been repaired and is as he informed me. Nice guy and a big help. MY version of KCCO is accurate as of today. It will be interesting if/when the changes are approved by the county. That was easy to do and thank the Lord I am feeling a lot better than I have been this past week. Sinuses have been miserable with the Fall Season change. Last night was a blessing though with an extra hour sleep.

Bushpilot over at FSDeveloper is helping me to figure out how to have two Oasis Garmin hanger models one with the door open/photoreal interior as above and the other door closed that I was easily able to convert. More later. Tomorrow I am flying the GAS OTW for a few hours between some of my airports and looking forward to it. Thanks for a great job, Paul!

Feeling MUCH better

Thanks for the good wishes. I have illuminated hangers at other airports but this one pretty much shuts down at night so I didn't light any building except the terminal I just finished. It has all the windows lit. I wish that Google Earth would have night views so that one could tell what is lit at night at airports. At large ones I have done their Facebook pages had some night shots so I could see what I needed to illuminate but the majority of the small airports especially ones with no tower have few photos. It is almost like "photo intelligence" to find what you want and need.

It's Been Finished

After a lot of effort this past week with a lot of help from "Bushpilot" at FSDevelopers, the Newnan-Coweta airport in Newnan, Georgia is finished. There will be two versions uploaded: SODE version with an animated windsock and special Oasis Aviation Maintenance hanger which is also SODE animated on a time variable of the hanger door. It was quite a challenge. The standard version has a stock windsock and the Oasis Aviation Maintenance hanger with the photoreal interior as it appears above. Virtually all the buildings have been custom-created in Sketchup from photos and dimensions from Google Earth and Bing Map as well as many photos provided by a very helpful staff member of Oasis Aviation Maintenance. I was also assisted by the airport management staff who advised me of the taxiway layout which has been modified since Google Earth did their satellite views some years ago. It is up to date as of November, 2022 with all their help. It has been a lot of fun creating it and I learned a lot. I retouched the photoreal background removing the taxiways which are no longer there in Adobe as well as season-changing them from the summer Google Earth and adding autogen with Autogen Annotator. Quite a learning experience I will use in the future airports that I create. I will upload both versions in the Warbirds Library a little later in the week.

In The Library

I have just uploaded the NO SODE version of KCCO into the library. Hope you enjoy. I checked it out in FSX(A) for no errors but if something pops up please PM me and I will see what's what.

Freeware that is easily payware quality

Thank you very much Richard. Your work is extraordinary to say the least. I am in awe of your level of detail everywhere. Freeware that is easily payware quality. Doesn't get any better than that! The price is right too! Thanks again sir.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by p14u2nv View Post
    Thank you very much Richard. Your work is extraordinary to say the least. I am in awe of your level of detail everywhere. Freeware that is easily payware quality. Doesn't get any better than that! The price is right too! Thanks again sir.
    I really appreciate your praise and comments. It is rewarding to create for me but even more rewarding when it is downloaded, used and appreciated. I give credit for all my talent to the Good Lord who inspires me when I feel lost and shows me what direction I need to ask for help. You can fly from here easily to Perry Houston and Anniston which are also in the Warbirds Library to download. Have fun and again thank you.

A big thanks today to all our servicemen, servicewomen and veterans and may God bless the families of those WHO GAVE ALL and those still serving so that we can have the freedoms we still have.

Thanks for doing this airport Richard. Coweta County Airport is only about 20 miles from where I live and an even shorter hop from my home field, Peachtree City Falcon Field - KFFC, which, I think is now called Atlanta Regional Airport. Haven’t installed it yet but am eager to give it a good look. But, considering it’s source, I know it will be a keeper. Thank you, and all our vets, for your service.

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0