Filper-Beta_200

Thread: Filper-Beta_200

Anyone Interested?

I recently came across some Helicopters (all FS9 models) produced by Lasse Lindh that were on the now defunct Swedbird Website. They are currently available in the Warbirds Library. Several caught my eye and so besides my scenery work I also enjoy taking older models and trying to enhance them a bit with newer textures. One such bird is pictured below, the FILPER Beta 200. I've updated the interior and exterior and want to see if anyone would beta test it to be sure the textures will work in FS9. I remember something about FS9 having a limit on the texture size (max on this Heli is 2048x2048). If you're interested, just PM me and I'll send a download link.

I tried contacting the developer but either he has changed his email addy, quit the hobby or passed on. I believe these were done around 2007.

Heli's-2022-nov-1-007 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Heli's-2022-nov-1-008 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Okie Dokie then! I'm going to post the update this evening. It works in FSX as well. If it works in FS9 all well and good. If not maybe someone will speak up and let me know.

Current System Specs:

That Helo looks awesome! Splendid job!

A nice job and I love the VC. But although I tried many times, helicopter just aren't my thing. (No matter how interesting they sometimes look)

Nevertheless I really appreciate your efforts to keep our hobby alive!

Cheers,
    Huub

Filper-Beta_200

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian helicopter skins

Description: Texture updates for the interior and exterior of Lasse Lindh's creation. Also included is an update for the VC panel (no 2D panel included).Filper_200_Update.zip

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Filper-Beta_200
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hovercontrol & Swedbird are much missed. Lovely to see Lasse Lindh's wonderful helicopters preserved here.
    Andy

Thanks for sharing the repaint. Looks great. The Filper always intrigued me. I collected lots of info and pics of it when Lasse first released the original model. It had potential but was too unorthodox I guess.

NormB

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Hovercontrol & Swedbird are much missed. Lovely to see Lasse Lindh's wonderful helicopters preserved here.
    I enjoy flying Helicopters so finding this little treasure trove of unusual Heli's was great. Unfortunately, only a few are salvageable due to the lack of texturing by the developer. A few, like the Fiat 7002 and this Filper_Beta 200 actually have nice VC's that allow for updating. Most however are simply textured with color swatches which allows for no updating at all.

Current System Specs:

I really miss HoverControl; it was a great Resource for everything Rotary Wing! Wish it could be recreated by someone...

Helos were a pain for me to fly, but using Rob Barengredt's Hover Gauge has really helped with controlling the Helo in the air, and especially with Approach and Landing. The addition of the Blade Slap Sound Gauge adds to the aural immersion, too!

Thanks for the upgraded textures!

For those looking for the original model, you can download it from here:
    https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...=filper200.zip
    Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com
    For Missions in FSX and P3D

Members who have read this thread: 0