ADE9X Installation Problem

Thread: ADE9X Installation Problem

Question ADE9X Installation Problem

My new-built Win10 confutor is up and running and I'm installing my FS software. I've run into a problem with ADE9X, a program I use regularly and would be lost without.

I downloaded the latest release version and when I run the installer I get a message that the program installed successfully. But when I try to open the program I get an error message:

"ADE has encountered an error in loading.
    This error will stop ADE from operating correctly.
    It will therefore close when you dismiss this message.
    The error encountered is shown below. If this persists
    then please report it via our support forum at
    www.fsdeveloper.com. Thanks

Access to the path 'C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\Airport Design Editor
    9x\fs9\plugins.dat is denied"

I went to the referenced forum and found no thread that seemed appropriate to search for or post about the problem except perhaps the Comments forum, which is a locked thread. I've e-mailed Jon but remarks on his web site suggests a replay might take a while.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If so, did you found a solution?

(I'm going to cross-post to the FSX forum just because there are no many more participants there.)

I had a few problems when i was setting up my own system a few months back, i downloaded an earlier version ADE178 from here,
    https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/downloads, as at the moment im only interested in FS9 project's, this version seems to do everything i need it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    I had a few problems when i was setting up my own system a few months back, i downloaded an earlier version ADE178 from here,
    https://www.scruffyducksoftware.com/downloads, as at the moment im only interested in FS9 project's, this version seems to do everything i need it to do.
    Thanks Ian!

It remains a mystery. I downloaded that same version this morning and it wouldn't work. It would open an airport but when I added a scenery object and compiled it, it wouldn't save the changes. Then when I went to close it it popped an error box asking me to e-mail an error log but without telling me where to send it. I had to use Task Manager to close the program.

Now I deleted everything and started with a new download (still 178) and installed it from scratch. It wouldn't open a stock airport from my semi-stock FS2004 installation, but when I went to settings and told it that FS was my FS1954, it would open a stock airport, compiled it and saved my changes. Then when I clicked to close it did, normally.

So it seems to be up and running.

By the way, I put the textures from your Manston 1944 into my RAF Bases texture folder and now that white building at Sculthorpe is green as it should be. Scneenies shot of skins finished will show it green. I don't know when I'll finish the set-up drudgery and get back to painting B-45s. Soon I hope!

My new rig is mostly built. It's operating but I have an enormous amount of FS-related utilities to install and some of them aren't being very cooperative. The operating system is Win10, and I have a little program that Allen sent me that allows many very old 16-bit programs to run. I also have an XP virtual machine for old programs that still won't run or won't even install into W10, or that require a CD to be in the optical drive, but that's not installed yet. There remains some glitchery that's beyond my ken to resolve and some drive cloning and swapping about. All that depends on my friend Rob to do. He has the expertise but sadly, very little time for the project.

Thanks for the tip on ADE9X!

Cheers

Just out of interest, one of the things thats been driving me nuts in Win10 is "Administrator permission" Almost every program, FS related or not, i now have to right click on my mouse to access, im so used to it now, i do it in my sleep

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Just out of interest, one of the things thats been driving me nuts in Win10 is "Administrator permission" Almost every program, FS related or not, i now have to right click on my mouse to access, im so used to it now, i do it in my sleep
    I’m running into that and sometimes it becomes troublesome as well as annoying.

When I tried to install my favorite photo processing program Windows said I first must get permission from me! And no hint about how to ask myself or grant myself permission. Every time I make any slight change in anything, or move or copy anything into certain folders I get a box telling me that this action requires administer level permission and I have to click OK. Since I’m the administrator the button should be labeled So What! There should be an option for Don’t Ask Me Again, but noooooooo….

I’m glad I have a friend who could round up a clean copy of Win10 after Win11 hit the market. At least Microsoft will still sell a license for 10 even though they won’t let anyone sell a Win10 computer. I test drove a friend’s Win11 rig and that’s why I wouldn’t just buy a new computer when the old one died.

Members who have read this thread: 0