IRIS PC-21 Released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRIS PC-21 Released

It would be nice if they had included some information regarding the actual MSFS model instead of some blurb copied from a wiki or whatever.

And the website screenshots.... they're so low res. I can barely make out details. Would love to see some 4K cockpit shots of what works and especially what sort of navigation is possible.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    And the website screenshots.... they're so low res. I can barely make out details. Would love to see some 4K cockpit shots of what works and especially what sort of navigation is possible.
    The IRIS Simulations single engine turboprops have been my favorites in FSX and P3D (T-6 Texan 2 and PC-21 (not to mention some others)). There have also been some issues with IRIS over the years, but in the end everything worked out.

This link is to a video review of the MSFS PC-21 [ https://msfsaddons.com/2022/10/16/wa...-soon-to-msfs/ ] which looks great. I will close my eyes to past issues and buy it because it has always been a top 5 simulator aircraft.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Be advised the model has issues out of the gate, apparently some bugs either slipped into the final RC or may have been missed. I am one of a number of users who cannot fly it because out primary flight controls do not work (stick and rudder) but the throttle and brakes are fine. I guess it will get sorted at some point soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dave is always good at fixing any issues. Given the PC-21 is my favorite TP, I'll be getting it as soon as it shows up at Orbx.

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    The IRIS Simulations single engine turboprops have been my favorites in FSX and P3D (T-6 Texan 2 and PC-21 (not to mention some others)). There have also been some issues with IRIS over the years, but in the end everything worked out.This link is to a video review of the MSFS PC-21 [ https://msfsaddons.com/2022/10/16/wa...-soon-to-msfs/ ] which looks great. I will close my eyes to past issues and buy it because it has always been a top 5 simulator aircraft.
    That video was quite nice. The aircraft looks good. A favorite of mine in FSX. Lots of new aircraft on the way however. Many choices.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Update, just got finished testing the PC-21 post fix, all is fine now with the flight controls. It's a nice model, a little hotrod.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was pretty hilarious to see the official forum posts doing a wait-and-see because they didn't know the developer and wanted to wait until Iris had an established track record of fixing any issues.

Kid, I bought planes from Dave when Iris was DSB. Now get off my lawn.

Update

I pulled the trigger on David B's latest PC-21. I thought I was waiting for the IRIS website to give me a password update link (although I would have preferred to acquire it at SimMarket). My bad...it was in my "spam" folder. We are always told "remember to check your spam folder". I got access to my account and bought the plane. I was ready to pay $35. The good news is I got it for ~$25 (US). I'll be back with more information after I've installed and flown.

Edit: Installed into "Community" file without a hitch. Took a short out and back flight to an airport 40 miles from my local airport. Basic flight controls worked well and, as stated prior, the plane is a very responsive scooter. It lands relatively fast (using on-board indexer full flaps approach is ~125 kts.) No comment on anything other than straight VFR flying, but this is a fun airplane for VFR and acrobatics. YMMV. (Looking at some of the documentation, like the small setup file, and you will see some of the limitations / compromises necessary to design an airplane to be used with an Xbox.)
    Last edited by rvn817j; October 31st, 2022 at 12:55.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

I recently bought the PC-21 by IRIS.

Beautiful model, very high quality of 3D and systems, after all, as IRIS has always accustomed us (I have several of its products for FSX). But ...
    there is a though...

honestly I would have expected more from the textures, especially those of the cockpit.

I imagined them to be more realistic, instead they still seem plasticky to me or better still they still seem to me those of FSX.

The Iris PC-21 is now up at Orbx, for those who might prefer to purchase from a big box e-store retailer:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/iris-simulations-pc21

I haven't seen it at any of the other e-stores or the MSFS Marketplace yet.

Hey ZsoltB, thanks for the great RAAF paints! I was surprised not see those as stock liveries, but even better because yours are excellent.

What's the story on your latest post, HB-HVC? (Great looking paint!) Is that a Pilatus-owned bird? Looks like an 'Insert your national insignia here" on the side of the fuselage.

V1.0.221103.2305 (CONTENT MNGR 1.0.2)

Avionics/Systems
    -Updated Right MFD to include controls for toggling VC aircrew ON or OFF.
    -When transitioning from Pitch to VS hold for climb profile, AP now captures current Vertical Speed value.
    -Refined Electrical systems to fix issue where GENS were not functioning correctly with the engine off.
    -Pitch hold now works up to 25 degrees nose up, 5 nose down on initial autopilot engagement.
    -On power up, COMM radios receive on both COM1 and COM2.
    -OXY/PINS INHIBIT feature added to Page 2 of Instructor page on the Right MFD. Toggle to inhibit to ignore OXY and SEAT warnings for both front and rear seats.

Installer
    -Installer removed to deal with potential decompression issues causing missing or corrupt files impacting user experience.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Ah. Thanks for the link -- when I searched on the registration most of what I got were either pics with no info or a zillion links to your repaint on flightsim.to in various languages.

It's a PC-21 for the Qatar AF, pre-delivery so that's why it has a Swiss registration and no roundels yet.

What is the scenery in the background?
    It's LSMM Meiringen Air Base. Not only a really well done scenery, but also a beautiful area to fly in. And PC-21s really do fly in there.

The version pictured is nordic777's:
    https://flightsim.to/file/29639/lsmm...ghter-squadron

But there are two other versions from other authors too, I realized, when looking at the links. And they all look really detailed. Gonna have to grab the other two and do a comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    Great! Thanks!
    You bet! Thanks for all the fantastic paintwork!

Also, I tried the other two LSMMs and the one I linked is the best overall. They're all well-done (they should team up one one "ultimate" version and then talk with each other before starting their next Swiss airport projects!), but nordic777's has lots of little details that make it the most fun to fly into overall.

And this is the best place to catch AXALP tarpaulins
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

It would be nice to have a Restauravia Mirage III

Members who have read this thread: 6