Wheelus_AB

Thread: Wheelus_AB

Wheelus_AB

I just completed the upload for Wheelus/El-Uotia (183meg). Not sure how soon Rami will clear it for general download though.

Enjoy!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Enjoying your scenery tonight, been for a few short hops and everything seems to work fine, ground poly sits very well with my Obex add-ons. Thanks for this

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Enjoying your scenery tonight, been for a few short hops and everything seems to work fine, ground poly sits very well with my Orbx add-ons. Thanks for this
    Glad to hear that Ian, Thanks!

Current System Specs:

Thank you falcon409!
    Greenhouse357

Blog Entries
    It's a great project, Ed, and for P3Dv4.5 users, works great in that platform.

Was a privilege to test this for you, and enjoy your rest - it's well deserved.

Best,

dl

Looks great, Ed. I had some household drudgery to attend to last night and didn't get much time in the air but everybody should be impressed with the level of detail you've put into this base. The C-124 Globemaster and C-121C Super Connie were good additions to the AI planes. If I can figure out how to do it I may add a couple C-118's to the transient traffic... maybe a visiting Navy P2V from NAS Port Lyautey.

Thanks for nice scenery! Works very well with Africa Photoreal...

No need to download the whole photoreal package, Wheelus AB is in zone #10 (Western Lybia):

My tribute to the tribute...

I'm enjoying your base Ed. Thanks!

Haven't flown a jet in a while. Wasn't a pretty landing.
    Greenhouse357

Thanks for the kind words. . .some great pics of the scenery and I'm glad folks are enjoying the end result. One thing I noticed in all the shots is that I don't see any AI on the ramps?

Current System Specs:

all my AI seems present and correct F100's and transports. Just out of interest, do you remember any foreign visitor's, RAF, Italian, Nato ect

Was a target y the US during the bombing of Libya in 86 or so when Ghadaffi ruled

Yes, the Bomber was launched from an Air Field near Benghazi headed to Naples but severe weather caused most of the group to turn back, jettisoning their bombs over the Med. After returning homeward, the Lady Be Good had problems with their ADF and so called for a heading. By this time the B-24 was actually past their base and the equipment at the Air Field could not differentiate an aircraft heading to the beacon or away and so assumed the Bomber was on course when it was actually heading away into the desert. It was a black night with no moon and so what they saw below them that appeared to be water was actually the wind swept terrain of the Sahara.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. . .some great pics of the scenery and I'm glad folks are enjoying the end result. One thing I noticed in all the shots is that I don't see any AI on the ramps?
    Ed, I think the AI visibility thing is a function of the AI aircraft's .mdl files and not anything you have control over after you plant them in the parking spaces. That's basically the same thing I noticed last week. You don't see them at all when you're a certain distance out, then they appear and blink a couple times before they show permanently. I've attached a screen shot with me and the BT-1 in a "feet wet" location similar to Greenhouse357 and his F-4, and you can't see the planes on the F-100 ramp in my pic either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wheelus_No_AI.jpg  

I can make out a bit of the AI in yours Jerry and after testing mine at 6nm out I have a feeling it might also be controlled by the "Density" sliders. I keep mine maxed and I believe, based on what I can see at 6 miles that might be the difference. I originally made a comment about it only because I suspected that they had not installed any AI from the package, which is their prerogative.

AI_Test-2022-oct-31-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Current System Specs:

Ed, when I first loaded the base, it was at dawn and all the ai were there. I changed the time so I could see everything better and all the ai were gone except for the camo f4s.
    Greenhouse357

Thanks Ed

As you can see the airfield blends in extremely well with ORBX OpenLC Africa and OpenLC Africa Mesh and Photoreal, which I both have installed.

And I did my exploring in another vehicle than the included Volkswagen....

Cheers,
    Huub

Excellent pics Huub. Glad you're enjoying the base and thanks for posting.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 1