My last project on Blender
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My last project on Blender

My last project on Blender

Hi,

Using the beautiful Twin Wasp modelized for the Canso, I have try to decline a R-985 Wasp Junior version for ..... De Havilland Beaver DHC-2.
    My aim is to portover the FSX version of the Beaver on MSFS but in native mode. I wil try also to add as much detail as possible without forgetting a damage mod (the same as the Canso which is being tested but adapted to this R-985) and JS script developed to manage water tanks on the PBY.

This aircraft add-on should be maded according the Microsoft’s Game Content Usage Rules, available here: Game Content Usage Rules | Xbox like the Grumman Goose .

Some pics :

Last edited by lagaffe; October 15th, 2022 at 09:36.

It looks really good!

As noted, it's looking amazing. Thanks for the previews.

That looks stunning! Bravo!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Very nice artwork! My last project on a blender was a frozen margarita!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Great work, always liked flying that Beaver.

Looks really nice! Especially this, without engine cover !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Very nice artwork! My last project on a blender was a frozen margarita!
    Freeware ? Upload please !

As Frank Drebin would say: Nice Beaver !

Shakin, or stirred, it certainly looks delicious !

Great model with very good work !

Vive la France...

A quand la dispo ?
    Always doubting is close to the truth...

I don't want to compete with Milviz's Beaver (I don't have access to their developments but there have been leaks of some content on the web) but try to offer something different.

I'm thinking of putting a link on my github very soon so that people can download current versions of this Beaver.

A) At the moment, I'm focusing on the exterior model so that I have one model with normal wheels, one with Tundra wheels, another with floats but without wheels. I think I can add optional skis to the model with wheels.
    For the Tundra model, I wanted to get closer to the Beaver you can see in the Disney movie "Never Cry Wolf", hence the engine without the covers.
    Here the flight models are roughly made but they already allow standard operations even if the exterior animations are not implemented.

B) In a second step I would focus on the interior model and the instruments.

C) Finally, I would like to add a damage mod and JS scripts to manage the payload. The damage mod would be inspired by the one I created for the C150 TiBush a few years ago and that I am testing on the Canso PBY-5.
    Last edited by lagaffe; October 16th, 2022 at 04:21.

That sounds very ambitious. Good luck with the implementation of your Beaver-project!
    Many MSFS users are most likely waiting for this model.

Regards
    Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

You can never have enough Beavers, that looks terrific! On another note, what ever happened to Galloping Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Snurdley View Post
    You can never have enough Beavers, that looks terrific! On another note, what ever happened to Galloping Ghost?
    The Galloping Ghost is definitely not abandoned like the Savoia S21.

For this racer, the exterior is fully modelled and animated and the interior remains. I have put this aircraft on hold because I don't have enough images or video of the interior so I'm looking for documentation to continue. I did find some images of the VC but they are of equivalent planes (P-51 based reno racers)
    If by the end of the year I haven't found any info, I'm thinking of doing a VC in my own way.

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    The Galloping Ghost is definitely not abandoned like the Savoia S21.
    Savoia S21 abandoned?
    Didn't know that, I'm shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Savoia S21 abandoned?
    I hope not .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Savoia S21 abandoned?
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I hope not .
    Sorry, I misspoke, I just wanted to tell you that the Galloping Ghost and the Savoia-S21 were not abandoned but just postponed !

Sorry, I misspoke, I just wanted to tell you that the Galloping Ghost and the Savoia-S21 were not abandoned but just postponed !
    Good to know, thanks for clarifying!!

I will try to make an extra for YoYo: as soon as possible I will try to finish this Savoia

I will try to make an extra for YoYo: as soon as possible I will try to finish this Savoia

Oh Yeah! I have a trip planned all over Italy but only on S.21 .

Good evening,

Some news about the Beaver which is progressing slowly.
    One of my friend is making good progress on the Harrison Ford texture for the N98S. Ford and on my side I worked on the Paintkit and on the "Fasteners and Ribbons" part.
    For Jankees ....

These ribbons will be probably made on the 3D via the "Decals function" of MSFS.

This allows ribbons or structure lines to be drawn on strips which are then applied as decals to the aircraft structure:
    - it saves a lot of vertex rather than processing them in 3D,
    - the effect is impeccable,
    - whether the ribbons are on top of the model texture paint or underneath, they are definitey using the undersurface as their base color (alu or paint).

The hatches for refueling and for access to the cargo/battery compartment are cut out and functional.

Nice, thanks! Btw. here is DHC-2 from 11th SU. ; )

but Beavers like Spitfires, they arent boring even if we have few more .

Here is a small image of the latest test with the latest SDK, the one of today

You will notice:

- the new Alaska BushWheel tyres (the rim needs more details: valve, nuts, etc)
    - my friend Bô (Bear) in the background with his nephew (look carefully ... on the right side in the background =D

- the trick I added to the Canso and which concerns the exhaust gaz, I added an effect of flames which according to the mixture are yellow (too rich), blue (too poor), transparent (ok) and in more they are animated

- the heat released by the gases is also represented.

To differentiate the mine from the Milviz Beaver, I am thinking of upgrading mine with a STOL kit (like this from Stolairus http://www.stolairus.com/product/BEA001 )
    - vertical ribs on the wings to improve the airflow,
    - modified wingtips to improve lift at low speeds
    - some extra horsepower on the engine ...

Beautiful Lagaffe. It's great to see the repaint textures are 4k.

Members who have read this thread: 3