RTX 3060Ti arrived and it's perfect.

Thread: RTX 3060Ti arrived and it's perfect.

SOH-CM-2024

RTX 3060Ti arrived and it's perfect.

But a head's up for anyone that went through the hassle I did. I already had a GTX 1060 card and the latest Nvidia Studio Driver. So I figured all I had to do was install the new card and run it up. NOT! I got a Safe Screen Lock Screen that I could not open to my Desktop for any man's money! On top of that, no mouse function! I did a cold shut down, pulled out the unit, checked all the fittings, everything was to spec (I have done this before), wired everything back and got the same deal, Safe Lock Screen and no mouse function with no ability to open my Desktop. So....I removed the RTX 3060Ti and reinstalled the GTX 1060 so I could get a Desktop. Everything booted fine, Lock Screen, Desktop et al. Next I went into the Windows Settings and completely uninstalled both PhysX and the latest Nvidia Studio Driver. Naturally upon restart I had a Safe Screen, that I logged into, ran a Crap Cleaner on the Registry and then Shut Down. I removed the GTX 1060, reinstalled the RTX 3060Ti, and it booted to a Safe Lock Screen, from which it allowed me to log in to a Safe Desktop. I already had GeForce Experience, so I opened that, went to DRIVERS and installed the latest studio driver (the one I already had) and PhysX Driver (the one I had) and boom, right off the bat, I have full screen 4D resolution, icons all in the proper place, and all working fine. Naturally, by force of habit, I had to try it out in MSFS. Oh my Lord, how much have I been missing! I can now run full 4D Screen resolution (3840 X 2160), Ultra on anything I want Ultra on (not all functions are worthy, some I even turn off like depth-of-field, a loser), Motion Blur (another loser), and I cannot stand the light flares, so off they go). But now I can fly with clouds, real Ultra Volumetric Clouds with no hit on my fps! DLSS Nvidia is working like a charm in Balanced mode, none of the out of focus stuff I've been seeing here. I am one happy camper, really steady flying, not one stutter or reload. The only thing I noticed was while flying Ant's new Tiger Moth in the Cockpit view. All of a sudden the entire screen started shaking. When I went to External, there was no shaking of the aircraft, so a fix to this may have to be looked into. Has anyone else experienced this problem or am I doing something so very incorrectly? The airplane is a bloody beaut!

Caz

Attachment 88439

Looks great! I've got a 1080 Ti still going fairly strong but I've been considering the 4080 16GB. I run at 1440P res.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Looks great! I've got a 1080 Ti still going fairly strong but I've been considering the 4080 16GB. I run at 1440P res.
    I was getting reasonable fps with my GTX 1060, but I had to use a screen resolution of 1080. I have a 32" monitor that is 4HD capable and runs at a recommended screen size of 3840 X 2160. If I ran that screen size in MSFS with the 1060 card, I'd barely get 10 fps. Go ahead, jump on the 4080 if you can afford it. To tell you the truth, I waited until the Nvidia 4000 series was released before I ordered my RTX 3060Ti, because I knew the price would drop 50%.

Caz

Good old 1080ti here and not sure I will upgrade. It would be a 3070 or 3080 if I did because the new cards coming out will be hard to get and overpriced while the miners grab all they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Good old 1080ti here and not sure I will upgrade. It would be a 3070 or 3080 if I did because the new cards coming out will be hard to get and overpriced while the miners grab all they can get.
    The "value" of most cryptocurrencies is in sharp decline, so the crypto-miners are less of a factor today. The chip shortage continues and that will keep the prices high.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0