Ant's DH.82 Tiger Moth ❤️ for MSFS
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ant's DH.82 Tiger Moth ❤️ for MSFS

Ant's DH.82 Tiger Moth ❤️ for MSFS

Can I make your day?

Tiger Moth is out! https://antsairplanes.com/msfstigermoth.html The price is on very good level too - about 18$.

Thx Anthony!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Can I make your day?

Tiger Moth is out!
    You can and you did!!

off to buy it!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Got it, flown it (Thunder Bay for the sunrise!) - day officially made!!

Beautiful aeroplane that looks sounds and feels the part
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

A must have for low & slow.
    Bargain pricing.
    T43

SOH-CM-2024
    Well, handled that mach schnell! And to top it off, got an email from Amazon the my RTX 3060Ti will arrive by 8:00 EDT this evening. Tomorrow is likely to be the day that Nvidia releases their new Game Ready driver too.

Caz

You've most certainly made my day. Bravo! Haven't flown yet but just reading through the manual I'm already in love.

You did! And now those damn game ready drivers!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Reading this with interest... I was a huge fan of Nigel's Tutor in P3D and have been waiting for something like this. Please share your experience once you have spent some time with her.

Ta- C

First impressions - beautifully modelled inside and out, and easy to fly. That rarity in MSFS - an aircraft that you can trim for level flight. Sound effects are as near perfect as you could wish for. A load of visual options available via the tablet, such as doors, pitot covers, removal of engine cowling panels, modern/vintage instruments and so on. It also provides an autopilot which, as the manual confirms, is unrealistic but very welcome. There are some well-thought-out camera presets which give you views forward around each side of the nose, and a more 'vertical' look at the P8 compass (a wretched contraption in my view, but that's what she comes with in real life. Thankfully, the little Garmin unit provides a very welcome alternative.) The only real visual glitch might be the pilot's helmets, which look rather like leather rugby balls, with a hole where the face sticks out. Hopefully Ant can refine those, and it's a tiny gripe anyway.

Early days, but so far I am hugely pleased with it, and worth every penny. So many options, flies beautifully, sounds gorgeous. I'm looking forward to all the repaints to come.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Can I make your day?
    You make the rest of my year !! ( possibly atleast until 11 November ;-)

Thx Anthony!
    + 1Mln

And thanks much to you YoYo!

First flight done. My, my. What an addon. Incredible immersive checklists. Proper engine simulation! So much stuff hidden in the tablet including AP, radios for those that want them. Stowable GPS for longer hauls if desired. Hand cranking the prop. Popping the panels to prime and clean the filters. It's got it all, and it flies great and very much "by the numbers." Cruise is steady, VNE isn't overly easy to reach or exceed. It looks fantastic, to boot. I can count on one hand how many addons have been released for MSFS that are truly "gold standard" and this is now one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    The only real visual glitch might be the pilot's helmets, which look rather like leather rugby balls, with a hole where the face sticks out. Hopefully Ant can refine those, and it's a tiny gripe anyway.
    Let me be Sir Anthony's squire here: No, no, Paul ! Just like this gorgeous looking Tiggie itself, the pilot's helmets are meticulously and unmistakingly representing the real 1930's RAF Mark B flying helmets :

Btw, not installed yet but the screenshots already show that good sir Anthony did indeed refine the helmets too compared to the FSX/P3D version.

And also btw, rugby *was* involved in the creation of early flying helmets but these happend to be some of the first USN hard helmets where a rugby (or football) helmet was used as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    off to buy it!
    A Jankees purchase!!
    This can only mean 1 thing!
    Repaints!!
    T43

PS - A heads up if you try to order direct from Ant's.
    Options of using FastSpring & SendOwl are offered.
    I chose SendOwl as it goes via my Paypal a/c.
    Having processed the payment after being handed off to Paypal by SendOwl, I sat waiting for the D/L link & Key to turn up in my Paypal linked email a/c.
    After 15 minutes & mild grinding of teeth I happened to check another email a/c , & there they were!
    Not sure how that email a/c got in the mix, but I am now about to take the TM out for a spin.
    So if you are waiting for your D/L link & Key, check all your email a/c's
    Last edited by Twice43; September 26th, 2022 at 10:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Let me be Sir Anthony's squire here: No, no, Paul ! Just like this gorgeous looking Tiggie itself, the pilot's helmets are meticulously and unmistakingly representing the real 1930's RAF Mark B flying helmets :
    You are correct, and I am corrected. I'm familiar with that early RAF helmet, but didn't realize how far down and around the neck it went. Thanks for putting me straight on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    A Jankees purchase!!
    This can only mean 1 thing!
    Repaints!!
    Oh dear, high expectations...

OK then
    DHK02 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TGM 07 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

DHK03 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TGM 06 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Oh dear, high expectations...

OK then
    DHK02 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TGM 07 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

DHK03 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TGM 06 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Indeed.
    the best comes from the Best
    Thanks for the red livery, was one I wanted.
    T43

ACDA 05 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Btw. what is good too, he is working on "Winjeel" for MSFS now. From the website:

Currently in the early stages of conversion from FSX/P3D to MSFS. More information will follow later. Expected release in later half of 2023, maybe.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2024
    Is there a Paint Kit out for this beauty Jankees? I love the ones that are low and slow, put this one down in a field near Stonehenge.

Caz

Attachment 88442

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Is there a Paint Kit out for this beauty Jankees?
    Only the P3D one, the textures are mostly the same. So far, I've adapted my old textures, which have a lower resolution (but still look fine I think). I may look at higher resolution textures when I get home for the weekend.

"What a glorious feeling, I'm ha-ppy again!"

Attachment 88443

Only the P3D one, the textures are mostly the same. So far, I've adapted my old textures, which have a lower resolution (but still look fine I think). I may look at higher resolution textures when I get home for the weekend.
    Hi Jankees,

Something you would expect from me, and I really don't want to be presumptuous, but do you have a BAF one in the pipeline by any chance?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Hi Jankees,

Something you would expect from me, and I really don't want to be presumptuous, but do you have a BAF one in the pipeline by any chance?

Cheers,

Priller
    Of course I do!

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWeevil View Post
    "What a glorious feeling, I'm ha-ppy again!"

Attachment 88443
    Oooooh... love this one! Is it on .TO or here or where?

Still exploring the flight characteristics. Wrote to Ant... hoping for some additional PBR detailing and wing rib stitching.... but this one's a keeper! Especially in the final hour of the day, with a G&T .

Ta- C

Members who have read this thread: 1