Globemaster.

Thread: Globemaster.

Globemaster.

I really like the ground textures in XP9. I think they are the same resolution as FS9 but they are also just very good. I mean default FSX has a a higher resolution but just the textures themself aren't that appealing. Took off from Kaneohe Bay to check out default Oahu and it looks pretty good to me!

Now I really like the default clouds as well. Will have to uncheck the balloon button as there are just too many of those floating around.

I do like the nav/beacon/strobe lights on this plane but as you can see the landinglights look wrong. I don't know if that's a model related thing, let's hope so. Didn't check it yet on any other plane.

Also totally dig the realistic cloud shadows. Now I can fly and think like a bird and determine the relative wind conditions by looking at the cloud shadows moving over the ground surface. Oh and that water reflection is pretty neat too!

Ah more things to discover, will tune back in later!:friday:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Those are GREAT pics, Erik. Where'd you get the C-17?

Jim

harleyman
    Nice Pics...Love the GlobeMaster....

Quote Originally Posted by JimC1702 View Post
    Those are GREAT pics, Erik. Where'd you get the C-17?

Jim
    I grabbed it from here. I think it requires you to sign up though but that's for free of course.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?...&showfile=7096
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

harleyman
    I really like the weather in X-Plane better than FSX by far...

In FSX good clouds cost me big bucks and a price to my performance too....

Cool pics!
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Goodness man! Where did you get those clouds??????

Is that stock?

What setting is that?????

:faint:

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Bill, that's all stock. Didn't throw in any enhancers. I'm not sure about any cloud settings. Sometimes the description (or lack thereof) is a bit complicated and unclear to this Dutchie. So I just fiddle with some sliders and so far I like the result.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Man.. Im going to have to mess around with the sliders more..

If you bring up weather like that again, could you just note the sliders and cloud types and post it? I would appreciate it.

I did high and medium Cumulus the other day and it was solid cloud cover.. Nothing like you have. That looks photo real..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Found the C-17, but they had a CASA 235 that grabed my eye and I couldnt resit a CASA. now i just have to figure out the auto pilot procedure. Cant get the alt lock to hold the altitude. It also needs some USCG attention paint wise.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0