Sim Update 10 Now Available - Release Notes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update 10 Now Available - Release Notes

Icon4 Sim Update 10 Now Available - Release Notes

RELEASE NOTES 1.27.21.0

If you are playing on PC, some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behaviour.

Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

New Features

• Various improvements have been worked on for DX12 around stability, performance and memory usage while we keep working on the feature.
    • Please note that our new memory allocator for DX12 on PC will only be activated for Nvidia graphic card users once the next driver is available (will improve performance). Other graphic cards already benefit from the new allocator.
    • DirectX 12 support is currently in development and can show performance and GPU memory utilization regressions compared to DirectX 11. Due to higher GPU memory consumption, the simulator may be oversubscribing memory, which negatively impacts performance. Lowering graphics settings can help avoid this situation in DX12.
    • You can now add secondary windows on the left and right sides of your main window, to enlarge your field of view, especially when you use several monitors. This option can be triggered via the Experimental option menu in game.
    • Nvidia DLSS is now available as an anti-aliasing and upscaling option on PC.
    • We implemented a new cloud layer system that will provide more vertical precision at low altitudes to better reflect the various cloud altitudes and thickness close to the ground.
    • We fixed several systems related to the bush trip activities including save system improvements (cross platform/cloud save + autosave from last waypoint/poi), overall progression system improvements and making sure we refuel after each leg completion.
    • The VFR map has been updated to include a number of new quality-of-life features thanks to Working title, as well as add compatibility for the G1000 NXi external flight plan system.
    • The G1000 NXi is now the default G1000 in the simulator! This brings a number of features to the G1000, taking it close to the real NXi unit, including: VNAV, procedure turns, holds, arc legs, visual approaches, accurate autopilot/modes, full RNAV, and much, much more.
    • New key mapping options are now available for the taxi and navigation ribbon visual assistances and the display of multiplayer nameplates.
    • All in game moving boats now have a wake effect on PC. Note that not all boats are moving in the world.
    • Low power mode is now available for PC users via the Experimental option menu in game. While in the menu, this option now displays a blurred image instead of the hangar in the background. Other options and behaviors are available to reduce the sim’s power consumption: you can enable VSync, framerate is limited to 20FPS when you minimize the window, and it’s divided by 2 when you launch a download.
    • The encryption of cfg files for premium and deluxe planes as been removed so the behavior of those aircraft can be modded.
    • A new package ordering system is also available on PC via the Experimental option menu in game. The way the content.xml file used to work has changed and it may impact the behavior of your add-ons, if they were writing directly in this file. Details about the changes can be found on DevSupport’s homepage here.
    • A new Spotlight Event landing challenge is available for you to fly, featuring the Cessna Citation CJ4 landing at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda. Due to the low cloud cover, this challenge requires the use of ILS in order to successfully land.

Full list of Release Notes: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...date-10/543606

Nice and easy regardless the fact that I, for the first time, forgot to remove community folder...the easiest update so far.

I usually wait a day or two. I generally have better luck after the load on the servers has slacked off.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I usually wait a day or two. I generally have better luck after the load on the servers has slacked off.
    Same here. Just installed the Nvidia studio driver, to get the msfs update. I'll install the sim update this weekend. trying to keep calm...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Guys, we are in XXI century , people have 1Gb/s net (or 5G on mobile even). No need to wait for connections reasons. I did full update between 17-17.30, Premium and content manager (so more than 20Gb) and I have only 300Mb/s connection. No any issue during downloading and instalation. Tested 3h at least, its a great update for me, still not perfect but good jump to forward.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2023

Exclamation Early update.

Started MSFS Thursday, Sept 21 at 4pm EST and it began the initial update load to my great surprise! Quit when given the option to continue so that I could empty the community folder. On a fiber line the system update took about 15 min and the world updates another 8 min. Time now to test.

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Same here. Just installed the Nvidia studio driver, to get the msfs update. I'll install the sim update this weekend. trying to keep calm...

Priller
    Priller, on one of my original posts here, a good fellow told us how to get the Game Ready Drivers. Open your Nvidia GeForce Experience. When open, click the three vertical dots to the right of Check For Updates. You will get a scroll down on whether you wish to install the Game Ready Drivers or the Studio Drivers. Even if you already have the Studio Drivers installed, click on the Game Ready button and then install it following instructions presented. It will overwrite the Studio install. You can also go back to the Studio install if you wish too.

Caz

Attachment 88424

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Guys, we are in XXI century , people have 1Gb/s net (or 5G on mobile even). No need to wait for connections reasons. I did full update between 17-17.30...
    That all depends on where you are and what servers you're pulling your files from. Plus, you can have the fastest connection in the world at your wall outlet, but data transfer is only as fast as the slowest node in the path. Spectrum says I have speeds up to 100Mb/sec. That's "up to"... That means that's how much their hardware can transfer. That doesn't mean that I'm going to get that - ever. With traffic the way it is here, I'm lucky to get 50, and even luckier if that speed holds through a long download. If I try to update on the day it's released, I usually get 20Mb/sec at most. Sometimes it drops under 10. So yeah... I'll wait a few days and save the headache.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Surprisingly smooth update experience for me this time, though I didn't d/l most of the world updates yet. The portion from the MS Store downloaded quickly, near my max dl speed for my connection, but the content from within the sim throttled back to a modest 20-25 Mbps () so it took a little while. But I didn't get any install loops, etc. and didn't have to intervene or babysit much.

First flight in a C172 went fairly well, experienced a couple of minor stutters at KSEA and downtown Seattle (perhaps server load contributed ? )But I found a few FSUIPC controller bindings that didn't work (mixture levers for example) so I reverted back to the in-game bindings until I get those sorted out. Looking forward to exploring some of the new and fixed features.

I'm just happy that the sim still runs ok on my pretty old system even after all the changes and updates.

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    Surprisingly smooth update experience for me this time, though I didn't d/l most of the world updates yet. The portion from the MS Store downloaded quickly, near my max dl speed for my connection, but the content from within the sim throttled back to a modest 20-25 Mbps () so it took a little while. But I didn't get any install loops, etc. and didn't have to intervene or babysit much.

First flight in a C172 went fairly well, experienced a couple of minor stutters at KSEA and downtown Seattle (perhaps server load contributed ? )But I found a few FSUIPC controller bindings that didn't work (mixture levers for example) so I reverted back to the in-game bindings until I get those sorted out. Looking forward to exploring some of the new and fixed features.

I'm just happy that the sim still runs ok on my pretty old system even after all the changes and updates.

- dcc
    Yep, and the new weather effects are very nice too. I see new kind of clouds (much better now), more differnces betwenn clouds plus I saw a fog in the mountains, the first time in MSFS! NIce update for me too. I can also see some good fixes for VR mode and better smooth of picture and motion reprojection. So far so good for me!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The update went smoothly, but the VFR map (V key) goes blank (mostly). Anyone else experiencing that?
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    The update went smoothly, but the VFR map (V key) goes blank (mostly). Anyone else experiencing that?

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the blank map screen! My update was very smooth despite the map.

Keith.

If you use the PMS50 GTN750 and get a blank VFR screen, update the PMS50 GTN750 to the latest (SU10 compatible) version.

SOH-CM-2023
    Some observations su10

I love the new weather presets. Over 95 of them. The 'calm rainy day' preset has a surprising amount of lightning.

Wakes of Jaystrike carrier group:
    Destroyers have minimal bow wake that follow along the side of the ship and do not fan out. Stearn effects not noticable.
    Carrier bow effect similar to destroyer. Stern effect primarily is airborne spray that appears when carrier is approached.

Float plane wakes seem unchanged.

Prior to su10 exit to main menu during a flight was accomplished with 'ESC' key
    With su10 I must now use 'ESC' key followed by 'END' key.
    Use of 'ESC' key may allow "OPTIONS' changes then 'ESC' key again to return to flight.

DX11 and older drivers were used for these observations.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    If you use the PMS50 GTN750 and get a blank VFR screen, update the PMS50 GTN750 to the latest (SU10 compatible) version.

Can confirm that updating the PMS50 GTN750 rectifies the map issue!

Thanks for the tip.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Yes, in DX12. Have not checked DX11.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Tiger is correct, the issue lies with addons that have not been updated to be compatible with SU10.

Here is a quote from Matt @ Working Title who worked on the new VFR map enhancements.

Please remove or update any mods to the VFR map. This includes the WT G3000 mod (there is an update that removes the VFR map mod) and the PMS GTN750 (also an update available with removes the VFR map mode). Once there are no more conflicting VFR map mods, the map will begin functioning.

The VFR map is entirely all new and any mods attempting to mod it with old code will break the map.

I was running the beta so I'm assuming that's why I got such a small update? I installed the new Nvidia drivers, the studio drivers and everything is running great. Hope that's right?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaBob View Post
    I was running the beta so I'm assuming that's why I got such a small update? I installed the new Nvidia drivers, the studio drivers and everything is running great. Hope that's right?
    Yep, you are all set. The final version of the beta is the same version that was pushed to the public branch (1.27.21.0).

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Yep, you are all set. The final version of the beta is the same version that was pushed to the public branch (1.27.21.0).
    Thanks, was worried about that!

The .to site still doesn't have the latest 750, so if anyone is looking...
    https://pms50.com/msfs/
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Update went smooth, DX12 now stutterfree and looking great.

Still something went strange. On every opening or returning to the main screen I get a message about a missing to be installed content, but there s no evidence in the content manager. Tried to clear all cache, but after SU10 I cannot spot any content.xml file no more to delete it.
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

SOH-CM-2023
    Unexpected scenery change

At Louisville Bowman field the administration building prior to SU10 shown as a photogrammetry building to my surprise and delight.
    No longer. Seems some of the hangers look different too, but not sure. In any event some scenery changes were made with SU10.

SOH-CM-2023
    Braking and turning on ground.

I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro as my control and am experiencing some curious response with several planes.
    1) Trigger brake does not brake , but parking brake does.
    2) Twisting the stick causes turning as expected when no braking is applied.
    3) If trigger brake is initiated first, twisting the stick does not turn the plane and no braking occurs.
    4) If twisting the stick occurs first followed by trigger braking, turning continues without braking.

I did check and verified that the trigger brake was correctly set.

This problem surfaced after SU10. Anyone else see this or is this unique to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Update went smooth, DX12 now stutterfree and looking great.

Still something went strange. On every opening or returning to the main screen I get a message about a missing to be installed content, but there s no evidence in the content manager. Tried to clear all cache, but after SU10 I cannot spot any content.xml file no more to delete it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Braking and turning on ground.

I use a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro as my control and am experiencing some curious response with several planes.
    1) Trigger brake does not brake , but parking brake does.
    2) Twisting the stick causes turning as expected when no braking is applied.
    3) If trigger brake is initiated first, twisting the stick does not turn the plane and no braking occurs.
    4) If twisting the stick occurs first followed by trigger braking, turning continues without braking.

I did check and verified that the trigger brake was correctly set.

This problem surfaced after SU10. Anyone else see this or is this unique to me.
    I haven't seen either of these at the main forum, but it's worth a check there to see if either issue has been noted.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0