To be honest, I tried to stay away from the B-47. Its a beauty of an airplane but I had already burned out logging hours in Alphasim's B-52 and I really didn't want to get into another Boeing "flat flier". Still, this is one heck of a download and my curiosity got the best of me.

What you get is split between two main folders, early models/prototypes and the later "meat and potatoes" models that SAC relied on while the B-52's were being built.
Boeing churned out a ton of these aircraft (2,047) in Wichita , SAC based them across the USA and at "reflex" bases overseas, and Jimmy Stewart made a movie with one of them. From the early 1950's to the mid 1960's they were everywhere. David included a slew of the main models, from the early prototypes and "test" birds to the recon variants with their longer noses and antenna pods and just about everything in between. Mick did the texture work and really knocked it out of the park. You'll find a favorite, eventually.

The flight dynamics feel "right" and there's more than enough reading material included to get the bird sorted. Taxi characteristics are great with a minimal "elephant walk" feel. Just be sure you do two things prior to take off, set the flaps to "down" (they have two positions, which is accurate) and make certain you zero that "cheater bug" on your attitude/bank gauge. If you forget to center the bug, you're basically S-O-L until you get back on the ground.
The way the plane sits on the ramp is the way it flies and lands, try not to vary the nose up/down attitude too much (+/- five degrees or less MAX) so you don't get in trouble. Line up and open the throttles, expect a long take off roll and the plane will, basically, fly itself off the runway at around 155 kts (or is it MPH? This a VERY early jet). Again, keep the "cheater bug" centered when climbing or on the glide slope and use the throttles (easy now..) to control altitude and descents, and you've mostly got it. If you need to slow down fast, just remember that you don't have spoilers. Well, you do in a way, they are called Landing Gear and a quick check of the docs shows you can drop the gear almost up to the max speed.

Getting into the pattern for landing isn't too hard. Drop the gear and bring the throttles back to idle. Drop the flaps around 200 to 250 "what-evers" and aim for a pattern speed around "165-170". Again, keep the attitude bug happy and use slight throttle adjustments to stay on the glide slope. Cut the throttles and try to stall the bird about one or two feet above the runway and you should touch down on the two main gear at the same time. All it takes is practice and time and the B-47 will reward you with some great flights. Make sure to read the docs, you'll find out that drag chute is more of a stability chute and it gets deployed earlier than you'd think. Over-all, remember that the B-47 was the best solution for its time. These were very early jet engines and they took forever to spool up and down. The reality was that Curtis LeMay liked the B-47 about as much as he liked the B-58 Hustler. Both planes were beautiful but both planes could be called, at best, medium range bombers with limited payloads.

In Part 2 I'll get into some small edits you may want to do to make finding the right bases a little easier as well as fixing one of the strobe lights and adding cockpit lights for night flying. I'll also cover some Easter Eggs like changing the colors of the crew flight suits (and why) and adding a "Talking George the Nav" effect.