Ricciardo

Thread: Ricciardo

Icon5 Ricciardo

Should he have just bit his tongue and stayed with RBR?

That is a hard question to answer as, we only know what was in the media. But perhaps RBR had other plans, of which the press was never made aware of. There were many things going on inside RBR at that moment. Like the switch to Honda for instance, which could of course have had massive consequences (rumours that Honda wanted to have a Japanese driver....).

But based on what happened inside the RBR with his seat I don't think RBR had any plans to replace Ricciardo at that time. So from sportive point of view I think she should have accepted to become the second driver as he would currently have been in a better car.

However I think his transfers to Renault/Alpine and McLaren made him quite some money, so I don't know whether staying would have been the right move from financial point of view.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon2

Hmmmm.....I did think it was a bit odd for him to leave Renault at a time when things appeared to be starting to 'gel' there......

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Hmmmm.....I did think it was a bit odd for him to leave Renault at a time when things appeared to be starting to 'gel' there......
    I think he had a 2 years contract with Renault which simply ended in 2020. Alpine could contract Alonso who had driven for Renault twice before and might be considered the better driver from the two as he has been world champion twice.

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Well, DaniRic didn't do himself any favours in Zandvoort...
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Time to go IMHO, he really should take his $120M and laugh all the way to the bank.
    Find another interest and enjoy taking that big bundle of cash courtesy of McLaren, no need to even consider racing in any way at all.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Like most probably everybody here, I wish somebody would offer me that kind of money to quit my job.....
    Retiring at 33 with all that money to spend must be quite nice.

Cheers,
    Huub

Question

Indycar?...

Members who have read this thread: 0