RE: SOH Quarter Moon Saloon shut down

Thread: RE: SOH Quarter Moon Saloon shut down

RE: SOH Quarter Moon Saloon shut down

Would anyone here at SOH know why the Quarter Moon Saloon sight has abruptly shut down? It's been off line now for over a week. Any input would be appreciated.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

It is not part of SOH. It is an external link to their site.

I don't know what happened other than the domain name expired and it looks like it since has been renewed and all of the website files are gone. Those are just my guesses. They are not part of our server.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

​Thank you for the update.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Charter Member 2016

Quarter Moon Saloon

Folks, thanks for the concern. The site crashed and burned for a still unknown reason well over a week ago. I'm still working with the hosting site to get it back on line on their new servers.

Hopefully this will be resolved within a few days and I will immediately come here to make this announcement when its back up and running correctly.

Thanks again for your patience.
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Thanks for the update.

Charter Member 2016

Quarter Moon Saloon has returned.

Hello, friends - the QMS suffered a complex series of problems but has now been repaired and is back on line.

There is a thread there from me explaining a bit of what happened.

I would also like to take this opportunity to invite new members to our site, as most of us have flt/sim backgrounds also. I know that politics is a divisive and often irritating subject, and has caused people to leave our site when it was wholly un-moderated. It's a bit different now , as we have separate domestic and international politics forums that can be completely ignored if preferred.

The rest of the forums revolve around current events, music, entertainment, science and interesting history and photos. It's a fun place, pretty open and we'd greatly welcome new members or even the occasional commentator.

Remember, first drink is on the Saloon !!

Toastmaker
    "Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

Please, drop by and say hello!

Members who have read this thread: 2