ASR Vessels - Interesting Video

Thread: ASR Vessels - Interesting Video

ASR Vessels - Interesting Video

I came across this video on ASR rescue buoys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fDnSQoneiE

Would be cool to have some of this stuff in CFS3. Most interesting to me is that the coordinates for all the RAF rescue buoys are shown in the video, and apparently there were many more of the German type also floating around in the Channel. Add an AI Walrus and He 59, an RAF High Speed Launch to the He 115, Ju 52, ASR Spitfire and Lysander we already have and we would have a pretty well filled out ASR component.

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Would be an interesting add.

Blog Entries
    That's interesting, thanks Daniel!

Do we have a Udet bouy or is that in BoB2?

I have a part finished Walrus that I think Matthias started and that Rob gave me if anyone would care to finish it?
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Yes John,

The Groundcrew did a very nice Udet rescue buoy for CFS3...http://www.regshanger.net/Groundcrew...%20Pontoon.php.

I converted it to a FS9/CFS2 bgl so if anyone wants a 3ds or FSDS file of it...just shout.

Cheers

Shessi

Well, there you go! I forgot about that one! I wonder if the information is out there for where they were all located like is shown for the British ones.

SOH-CM-2020
    The buoys could even become a permanent fixture in the Global Layer!

Do we have historical records on where or does that matter? (I suppose that I could Google that!)

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

That's very much the question, at least as far as Luftwaffe rescue buoys are concerned. We have locations for the RAF type, but no model, and a model of the Luftwaffe type, but no locations. Other relevant aircraft and ships are down to the interest of modelers, though I wonder if somewhere in the plethora of CFS2 ships the respective rescue launches could be found and converted if the authors are willing.

Really interesting that there is a Walrus out there! A nice external model even with no VC would be a great addition.

asr-10 Cookoo

According to this site Air Sea Rescue Dumb Barges - called the 'Cuckoo' (readkong.com), 5 of the German rescue vessels were used by the British also.

Just tried out the small missions that come with the German buoy that Shessi posted, very cool!

Members who have read this thread: 0