Airfield scenery figures

Thread: Airfield scenery figures

Airfield scenery figures

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: This set includes the USAAF personnel, that were not in the previous upload.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Four sets of low poly WWII airfield scenery figures for enhancing RAF, USAAF, Luftwaffe and general airfields. To be used with a scenery placement programme, for use in CFS2, Fs9 and FSX.

Included are 3ds and fsc files to allow people to develop them, if they wish...and if you do please share with the general community.

Shessi

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Airfield scenery figures
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Owww great stuff!!

Thanks Shessi,

hertzie

So I fail to understand how to use this with say instant scenery or EZsenery What's the process?

Instant Mission Maker

How would you be able to use these with the Instant Mission Maker program? I tried to convert these with Model Converter 140 but could not get anywhere. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AVP View Post
    So I fail to understand how to use this with say instant scenery or EZsenery What's the process?
    I have exactly the same problem...
    How do you use them in EZScenery????

I think these files are meant to be used by people that make airfields, 'scenery developers', not by common users.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I think these files are meant to be used by people that make airfields, 'scenery developers', not by common users.

Cees
    I've never advanced beyond the "common user" level.

As I take it, you have several options to try:

At first, you have to use the files as a library. You can try to put the folder "airfield scenery figures" into your addon scenery. After this, locate this folder in your placement tool. If this does not work, you can try to create an aggregate folder as follows:

- Airfield scenery figures
    scenery
    texture

Now have a look into all your different subfolders (Luftwaffe, RAF etc.) and copy all of each BGL files into your scenery folder. Afterwards, do the same with each BMP file of the subfolders, but into the texture folder.
    Now put the Airfield scenery figures folder into your Addon Scenery folder. Locate this folder in your placement tool and try it again.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Testing the Airfield Figures

Thanks for your reply. I tried your method of using one figure as a test. I called it firefighter. Inside the Firefighter folder, I created the scenery and texture folders and then put the bgl and bmp into their respective folder. I then added this completed folder to the Addon Scenery folder in FSX as usual. I then tried to access it with IMM in the usual way and it is not even listed or recognized. There is something strange about these .bgls. Maybe they only work in FS9? Thanks for your input. Appreciated.

A bgl file is a library file containing one or more mdl files. These bgl files can be added to a airfield scenery folder and then the mdl files can be placed in an airfield scenery with a proggy like A(irfield) D(esign) E(ditor). There is nothing strange with these bgl's!

Cees
    Last edited by Cees Donker; December 12th, 2022 at 03:32.

Library Staff
    These airfield figures are actually scenery rather than object BGL files. They are presently placed on various airfields. The BGLs need disassembling to obtain their geographic locations.

Members who have read this thread: 3