BearStudios: MiG-15Bis for MSFS Released 3/1 - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BearStudios: MiG-15Bis for MSFS Released 3/1

@RichardLouis & ZsoltB: where will you guys be releasing those MiG-15Bis repaints if I may ask?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

It is a shame that the spec files are all solid magenta so that everything on the plane is metallic, including the painted markings and even the walkway strips, tires, and interior. The markings on most of the skins are pretty well done, but the appearance really is ruined by the metallic sheen.

I hope as part of a repaint, someone releases at least a base set of replacement ROUGHMET textures for the main \texture folder so that at least the common parts are the right sheen. I don't have the skills to do that, but could probably handle the unique markings on the individual paints with that as a start.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    It is a shame that the spec files are all solid magenta so that everything on the plane is metallic, including the painted markings and even the walkway strips, tires, and interior. The markings on most of the skins are pretty well done, but the appearance really is ruined by the metallic sheen.

I hope as part of a repaint, someone releases at least a base set of replacement ROUGHMET textures for the main \texture folder so that at least the common parts are the right sheen. I don't have the skills to do that, but could probably handle the unique markings on the individual paints with that as a start.

August
    you can trust Richard on this...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2024
    It would be nice for the Paint Kit to be layered .psd too, but they are .png. I can deal with that, but a layered kit would be better. Agree about the replacement ROUGHMET textures. Otherwise she is a beauty. I don't know how many other liveries one could ask for, the plane has beaucoup already. They even have a livery for the Tamiya MiG-15Bis model I built.

Cazzie

Attachment 90084
    Last edited by Cazzie; March 11th, 2023 at 15:58. Reason: add image

Yes, I like the fact that there are a lot of skins covering quite a few countries, and they include several of the preserved aircraft that I personally enjoy flying in the sim.

Many more skins are of course possible because these were used by so many east bloc countries and until quite a late date. Wiki lists over 35 nations that used the type. I would like to see a Hungarian skin or two, especially in camouflage, and some other countries like Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt, Syria and Cuba also would be fun, but there is certainly enough provided with the plane to entertain us if we can get the kustom metalflake paint toned down.

Other than that, I do like the way it looks and flies.

August

Yes, I confirm the paint kit requires a lot of attention, especially the ROUGHMET textures which requires painstaking work!
    This spoils the fun of making liveries a bit.
    I just finished the texture of the TC-616.

@ Priller : My repaints are now available on the Restauravia website.

Here : http://restauravia.fr/html/les_repaints_de_ricardo.html

That of the Mig 15 will be soon.
    (I'm also considering "repatriating" my MSFS repaints here on SOH).

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    WIP

That looks beautiful!

August

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    WIP
    (Wet tarmac...)
    I hope that canopy wasn't open while it was raining!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Nice work! Crg!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

"MarketPlace suggest me remove the gun port from aircraft nose.
    Droptank can be allowed.

This policy force I change the model shape arrangment, weapons must be in a standalone model and mount on aircraft by control logic. so they will be removed easily.
    All thumbnials and image must be remake for marketplace version, so it double works."

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/new-mig-15bis-for-p3d-and-msfs-fsx-from-bearstudios.455192/post-913889

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

TC-616 Repaint available on SOH

I uploaded my texture here on SOH in FS2020 - military repaints - Korean era section.

Un tout grand merci Ricardo!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I have set about de-metalizing some of the paint schemes. I won't do them all, but I'll probably do a few more that I intend to fly often.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig-1.jpg   mig-2.jpg  

Excellent work with your latest uploads, ZsoltB. Your replacement ROUGHMET textures for the interior and detail parts are going straight into my main texture folder. I see that you altered the HUD texture as well, I will try it and see what you did there.

August

Before and after shots of my de-metalizing of the markings on another stock scheme. This process is more work than I anticipated because not only the ROUGHMET textures but also the main textures have to be edited as well; they are partly transparent so the alpha channel has to be fiddled with, and the markings contrast increased. There's probably still a little too much sheen on the red parts of this plane.

But this particular scheme was a must-do because it represents the first MiG-15 I ever saw flying, when it was with the Combat Jets Air Museum in Houston in the late 1980s. Just a few years before, it was inconceivable to enthusiasts that we would ever see a MiG-15 in the air, even the few static examples were a special thing. A few years later the entire CJAM collection was donated to EAA, which was always unfortunate in my view because EAA had no interest or ability to keep them airworthy and they were almost immediately retired to static display, although I think they sold off a couple. This MiG is still with EAA.

August
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mig-3.jpg   mig-4.jpg  

To go with all these lovely skins, I've uploaded my English cockpit mod to https://flightsim.to/file/51673/engl...dios-mig-15bis

ASI in Knots, with red, yellow and white speed markers, impact-labels (original cryllic still in place) for the important switches and bulbs as aide-memoires, and fixes for the kneepad typos and aberrant vapour trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image5.jpg  

Great!

How to bring radio to life?
    I can't hear the control tower
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    To go with all these lovely skins, I've uploaded my English cockpit mod to https://flightsim.to/file/51673/engl...dios-mig-15bis

ASI in Knots, with red, yellow and white speed markers, impact-labels (original cryllic still in place) for the important switches and bulbs as aide-memoires, and fixes for the kneepad typos and aberrant vapour trails.
    That is excellent, I absolutely love the vintage Dymo label tape effect. Perfect for this old plane.

With such a rapid response by the modding community, this buggy little plane could easily become a sleeper favorite.

August

The cockpit mod is having trouble co-existing with some repaints and I think it's because the repaints are including the whole of the original texture folder rather than just those files that have been changed.
    This makes the download much bigger than it needs to be, besides overriding my changes
    Maybe we could discuss...

If you are having problems using the cockpit mod it SHOULD be possible to make the cockpit override the liveries by naming the folder to e.g. zzzz-kjb-cockpit-mig15 but MSFS seems very capricious in this regard...another option is to go into the repaint livery texture folder and delete
    15_GAU.DDS.DDS
    15_GAU.DDS.DDS.json
    15_GAU_LM.DDS.DDS
    15_GAU_LM.DDS.DDS.json
    15_GAU_ROUGHMET.DDS.DDS
    15_GAU_ROUGHMET.DDS.DDS.json
    15_VC1.DDS.DDS
    15_VC1.DDS.DDS.json
    15_VC2.DDS.DDS
    15_VC2.DDS.DDS.json

My solution was just to copy your textures into each repaint I install, overwriting the repaint's textures. Not as disc space efficient, but a simple Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V operation.

August

Keith, just a heads-up that I'm using the MiG-15 without repaints on SU12 beta, and the cockpit override isn't working. The folder's definitely in Community, and I have the stock USAF TC-616 livery selected. (Since that seems the natural one for the English cockpit...)

Someone else reported a similar issue with the SU12 beta on Flightsim.to. I'm not sure why that would affect things, and I have other plane mods that are working okay.

Members who have read this thread: 0