BearStudios: MiG-15Bis for MSFS Released 3/1 - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BearStudios: MiG-15Bis for MSFS Released 3/1

Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    We can wait for the miracle
    Will there be an MSFS version?
    Again, the very first post on the FSDeveloper showroom thread for this model indicates that the author at the time of the P3D model was on bail for a criminal offense in China. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the sudden silence literally at the week of release when discussions with marketers was allegedly ongoing seems to indicate that the law may have caught up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Again, the very first post on the FSDeveloper showroom thread for this model indicates that the author at the time of the P3D model was on bail for a criminal offense in China. Hopefully I'm wrong, but the sudden silence literally at the week of release when discussions with marketers was allegedly ongoing seems to indicate that the law may have caught up to him.
    That doesn't mean much good
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

As of 30 minutes ago he’s back and provided a comprehensive update on FSDeveloper, complete with new pictures of a nice and icy MiG.

He’s writing in a tense that may imply he’s back for good, so we’ll see. JustFlight will be the first to market with his addon once testing is complete.

And the next will be MiG-15UTI and MiG-17F.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As of 30 minutes ago he’s back and provided a comprehensive update on FSDeveloper, complete with new pictures of a nice and icy MiG.

Can you please provide a link..?

Thanks, much appreciated !

Near the bottom of this page, he has previewed the liveries. Looks beautiful! https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th....455192/page-7

wow - that last image in the MSFS hangar is pretty special..So who is making an F-86??
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Near the bottom of this page, he has previewed the liveries. Looks beautiful! https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th....455192/page-7
    Nice, however all markings are glossy, perhaps he used the same background met file for the whole fuselage, I will write to him.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    wow - that last image in the MSFS hangar is pretty special..So who is making an F-86??
    I believe I saw somewhere Milviz..eh, Blackbird was working on one
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yep. It's out. Ugh, if it'd been $29.99 like the P3D version I'd have snatched it up, but they've got the MSFS version using 2019 P3D pricing right there at $44.99.

Just Flight is leaving money on the table by pricing their products above MSFS market. I wonder how much more actual money they'd have made if they didn't have people like me skipping the MiG, the 146, and the Hawk because they're priced so high? You make more selling 10,000 copies at $29.99 than you do selling 2,000 at $44.99.

That is indeed quite steep. I'll wait, and if the price doesn't come down, I may even pass...

Most MSFS addons are more than reasonably priced, and then there is this... I can afford it, but it's a matter of principle.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Hmmm...Just Flight are usually the cheapest for UK buyers, maybe it's an exchange rate thing...think I'll wait and see for now.
    The manual is available, gives an idea of the depth...
    https://downloads.justflight.com/sup...G15Bis_POH.pdf

Downloading now as I really enjoy aircraft from this part of the world, though I agree the price seems about $20 higher than MSFS is trending these days. Will advise of my thoughts on the aircraft, though the manual looks quite extensive.

Update:
    It does require some reading of the manual to figure out what does what, so some level of complexity is there.

I wish the texturing was a little better as there is some graininess, but it's not too bad, and the gauges themselves look great. (I think the interior textures look a bit better than the exterior).

Sounds are like the older P3D version since the Dev doesn't have access to WWise, but they seem to fit the model.

Still figuring out the flight dynamics as I'm getting a delayed stick response in roll, but maybe that's me. I'm not familiar with the real deal and I haven't used the DCS version, but this one feels extremely slippery on landing. Speed brakes were required for the duration of final approach through touch down, while my throttle was at idle.

I noticed a lengthy gap in the cockpit model that is letting some light through below the front windows, so I relayed that to the developer on FSDeveloper.

I'll need to do more reading and exploring in the coming days. Overall it's enjoyable for me, and for those used to this dev's work it is on par with his other products. For most I think they would find it to be overpriced by about 15-20 dollars.

Thanks for the impressions, SeanTK! I'll stick to DCS for my MiG-15 jones right now, but I'll watch to see if this gets updates (and hopefully a sale!).

I like to stick my neck out once in a while on these brand new releases - but only when it's something from a known developer and when the price is competitive...
    I've never owned a Bear Studios product and I don't pay more than 35$ for anything that doesn't have a 250 reply thread of it's own on a couple of boards (positive - not CaptainSim style) and a hundred repaints..usually takes a while to accumulate all that
    but if a developer creates a plane that gets all that attention AND he's charging 40+ dollars for it, I'll usually buy it at that point.

of course all bets are off as soon as there's a decent F-86F available
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

mmm, a bit steep that price, for a Mig-15, and I have this freeware one still in my hangar (albeit without a pilot), for when I need to scratch my -15 itch..

jk3138 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

I think I'll pass for now, maybe one day in a sale?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

The price was lowered to $30 today by just flight. It sounds like they made an error based on the authors request and this is supposed to be the normal price.

The price was lowered to $30 today by just flight. It sounds like they made an error based on the authors request and this is supposed to be the normal price.
    Wow, or ... me maybe !? I wrote to Bill Today morning, I've had a pretty good relationship with him for many years (I pointed out to him that many people withdraw from the idea of ​​purchase), from FS9 times and my proposition was $29.99 , So great to hear it! What a suprise! I don't know what they should do with those who have already bought it. It's nice that there are developers who can also listen in this regard. Now you have no choice - you have to buy it, I'll do the same. ; -)))) 24Eu it's fairy price.

https://www.justflight.com/product/b...os-mig-15-msfs

Recently, some cool models have come out, the problem is only the time to fly on all of them, grrrr!

Members who have read this thread: 0