Makng surface painted runway numbers - Help please

Thread: Makng surface painted runway numbers - Help please

Makng surface painted runway numbers - Help please

I have a scenery (freeware) that I am trying to add the red surface runway numbers like you see on the hold short lines.
    I have tried using what help I could get at FSDeveloper with ADE but not having much luck.

If there is anyone out there interested in helping me add just a few runway numbers please get in touch.

I have the numbers on a DDS File that are needed for the airport I want to use.

After a long struggle with ADE I got one number that flickers and that's not so good. I have issues with drawing Ground poly squares and

forming them into true squares. After all my efforts to get just one experimental square (which is a bit off square) it flickers.

I surely would appreciate your time and help.

Just have a short look here at SOH.

Butch, just try to lift the planes a little, approx 0,05 to 0,1 m which can prevent the flickering. To get solid markers to the ground, you will need to be a little familiar with ModelConverterX, with which you can create almost each stuff of polygons.
    Report back if it helps
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Manfred,

I am aware of the GP wizard but never used it. I tried (again) to get ADE to make the GP's but they never show in my AD4 scenery file. I'm hoping that TGibson will be of some help.
    Anyway,

[URL="https://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/surface-painted-taxiway-direction-signs.443957/page-3"]https://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/surface-painted-taxiway-direction-signs.443957/page-3/URL]

Scroll down to the bottom to see my latest issues I posted there.

I just wish this process could be more simpler to do. I sent you a PM

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Just have a short look here at SOH.

Butch, just try to lift the planes a little, approx 0,05 to 0,1 m which can prevent the flickering. To get solid markers to the ground, you will need to be a little familiar with ModelConverterX, with which you can create almost each stuff of polygons.
    Report back if it helps

That picture of the 32 on the runway above ^ is not my work, it is of another's scenery. It is just a sample of what I am looking for assistance with.

I think I may have discovered the knack of doing this.

I had some flicker issues which I fixed. Now on to adding more appropriate runway makers for this airport

Last edited by gray eagle; August 28th, 2022 at 11:22.

Members who have read this thread: 0