War museum Overloon.

Thread: War museum Overloon.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

War museum Overloon.

Been a while since we last visited the War museum in Overloon, so here are some photos of items that were new (To me at least..):

This Nashorn isn't part of the museum collection, but privately owned. It is one of three surviving and the only one running... Until it broke a driveshaft during a show recently, and during towing they've managed to rip the sprocket off unfortunately.

Nice StuG III, also on loan:

The tank on the right is the only British A30 Challenger on display anywhere. The Bovington tank museum has one, but that's being restored right now:

Opel Blitz Maultier:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Replica Horsa glider with a C-47:

German SIG33 15cm. gun:

Conger carrier, a system similar to the current Miclic system used on the 1150 Breacher vehicle. A similar vehicle exploded while refueling near the town of iJzendijke, killing 47.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The remains of Lancaster NN775, which crashed in Belgium, all laid out in the shape of the aircraft. Quite an impressive display..

The Jeep display with some special models, like this GPA:

And this Crosley CT-3 Pup:

Thanks for posting these images Ferry. It seems the musuem was a bit cleaned up since I last was there. Its a pity they damaged the Nashorn, but I'm sure it will be restored into running conditions.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub, didn't think anyone would notice these photos anymore!

Seeing movies on the Nashorn project facebook group, they've already got her running again! Shame that they will sell it once the project is finished though..

The museum looks pretty good these days, though it seems they have sold off quite a bit of the collection and gained other new ones. Right now they are building a new wing that will house (part of) the Eyewitness museum in Beek, which is now closed. Good reason to go back there soon!

hi ferry, if you do go back, can i request you take some pics for me? preatty please sir! may i have some more? so.. im really into softskins, and id heard they have a ton of them there, like armerican ponton trucks.. like the diamond t 970. could i ask if you go to take some pics for me of the trucks?.. and if they have a 6x6 jeep.. several of it? im friends with the owner of LZ models out of the Czech Republic. he had mirror models too.some new kits will be out from the mirror models brand but most future kits will be LZ models. anyway he and i have been talking about him doing the 6x6 jeep.would be cool to have some pics of one showing the markings

thanks dave

Members who have read this thread: 3