Junkers JU88 NJG planes

Thread: Junkers JU88 NJG planes

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Junkers JU88 NJG planes

Hi, as many of you may know Ted Miller passed (crossram) and I tried to contact his family to see if I could complete his Ju88 series. Alas no joy so I wanted to continue his excellent work and attempt to make a JU88 worthy of him. He was so much a better modelere than me but we shall see. This is were I am so far. Making a late C6, R1 and R2, along with the G1 and G6. This is the C6 with the single defensive gun. I am NOT making any other JU88's. Have much more to do, so while I wait for John to finish painting the Whitley, thought I'd give him another one so he doesn't get rusty...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clipboard02.jpg  

A pity about Ted Miller's stuff. Did you just no get a reply. I have made a note for my son that, if anything happens to me, to give all to you or other members as well. Just in case!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Looking very good Ted, always loved the 88 night fighters...pauke pauke!

Poor ol' John, is he allowed out for a break now and again? lol

Cheers

Shessi

Ah, that looks excellent!!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    A pity about Ted Miller's stuff. Did you just no get a reply. I have made a note for my son that, if anything happens to me, to give all to you or other members as well. Just in case!
    Need to do the same, wife knows about what I do, but no idea on how to contact folks. I called a couple of numbers that I found doing some detective work but no replies. Such a waste of talent and effort....

I was wondering, there is an old post "Just touching base, for some of the old hands" where there is an exchange between you and him where he states "Yeah, I was always willing to share my stuff. A way to return all the great, free work others did."

Do you think it would be OK to continue his work and to give him credit?

I don't know about these things but would think that if you acknowledged his work it might be OK.

Rob

The problem is getting in touch with his relatives so that they can pass on his files to NachtPiloten. So far no contact has been possible.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

That's too bad as Crossram was doing some very detailed work. He is surely missed.

I assume he never sent out any beta models of his work??

That's a very good start Ted but you're almost done doing the fun part

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    That's too bad as Crossram was doing some very detailed work. He is surely missed.

I assume he never sent out any beta models of his work??

That's a very good start Ted but you're almost done doing the fun part
    Yes I was hoping to get his cockpit work, but no responses to a couple of phone calls....Yes, the cockpit work and finer details woot! can't wait. I have all the instruments from several other builds just need to check on all of that. It is stuff like the yoke, controls etc., you know tedious and then what I love most of all mapping. I use to worry about smooth surfaces a such but when you look at a real WW2 warbird they were far from smooth, patches, access panels, rivets, you name it. The Ju88 R1 in England jeez wonder that it ever flew fast at all rough as heck.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for all the work you do for us. Crossram will be sorely missed. Thank you for carrying on his work. The Ju-88 series is one of my favorite night fighters. Sorry for all the problems you are having. Hope you get it all sorted out. Take care Ted . Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0