KANB Anniston Regional Airport

Thread: KANB Anniston Regional Airport

Hybrid View

KANB Anniston Regional Airport

Here is two and a half days work but I think it came out pretty good AND there is no flicker in FSX, woo hoo!!! It is FAA Regional HQ I was told by the FBO Mgr. Next will be the Terminal. I came across this airport by accident and was fascinated with the buildings. There are only a few and only one runway but I checked the internet and there IS snow during the winter months so I will have to ask Falcon409 to teach me how to do that texture when I have finished with it. I was able to get a really nice detailed photoreal in SBuilderX. Here is the FAA HQ.

Nice work Richard!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Nice work Richard!
    This was my first time creating a texture of the brick walls which are used both on this FAA and also the terminal. I took a jpg and then with Sketchup help created it into a Sketchup Brick and Cladding Texture and add it as part of the textures. Had to adjust the size but once I did that they came out beautifully. Also, unlike an imported texture they don't flicker. The FAA is an imported texture. No way I could have possibily recreated that type.

Sadly I discovered online at a realtor's site, the third rather large building to the Northeast is the Honeywell Aerospace facility that closed in March 2021 leaving over 200 employees jobless and during the pandemic not an easy time to find jobs I am sure. They relocated to Phoenix Arizona according to news sources.

Need Some Help

I have contacted the FBO several times and though they say they will provide me with a camera-shot of the apron side of the terminal which I have not found anywhere, they just seem to be too busy which I DO understand. Does anyone have a shot of the backside of the terminal or can take one for me if you live near there? Although Google Earth and Google Map have beautiful shots of the two sides and the front on the street, its "MUD" in the normal versions. That is all I need to complete it. While I was browsing not to give up on the Fbo or someone here yet, I was able to get a 2 minute utube video by a reporter for the Anniston Star newspaper and paused/took a screenshot that I will be able to use. Anyne got anything more current than 2016 I will love to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have contacted the FBO several times and though they say they will provide me with a camera-shot of the apron side of the terminal which I have not found anywhere, they just seem to be too busy which I DO understand. Does anyone have a shot of the backside of the terminal or can take one for me if you live near there? Although Google Earth and Google Map have beautiful shots of the two sides and the front on the street, its "MUD" in the normal versions. That is all I need to complete it. While I was browsing not to give up on the Fbo or someone here yet, I was able to get a 2 minute utube video by a reporter for the Anniston Star newspaper and paused/took a screenshot that I will be able to use. Anyne got anything more current than 2016 I will love to have it.
    When was the airport reopened? I watched a video from 3 years ago and it was vacant at that time.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Reopened

It is not open to any scheduled air traffic any longer but IS open to the public (no ATC) for general aviation of less than 20 passengers. There is an FBO at the field which I have talked with a few times. The city of Anniston has not decided just what to do with the land as of the latest information. Honeywell Aviation has been closed since March 2021. That building is listed for sale or lease with a local realtor. So if you want to fly your general aviation aircraft into it when I have completed and posted, have at it! I will send you a copy to beta test for me before releasing it to be sure of no errors.

Since FSX was created much from FS2004, there are quite a number of default airports that are closed or no longer exist at all which I found when creating my Gunbarrel Airport, Texas having to exclude the grass airstrip right next to it with the same ICAO designation.

Members who have read this thread: 0