Famous Flyer #3: Beechcraft V35 Bonanza

Thread: Famous Flyer #3: Beechcraft V35 Bonanza

Famous Flyer #3: Beechcraft V35 Bonanza

Asobo/Carenado released the latest "Famous Flyer" entry today, the Beechcraft V35 Bonanza. It's typical Carenado: Looks fantastic, flight model feels convincing, enough detail to feel like you're flying the plane and the only people likely to be disappointed are the folks who think playing with fuses is fun.

A mere $15. I use Bing Rewards, so I got it for $0 thanks to credit for searches I was going to do anyway.

Great pics Denny! I love that snowy one... is that an airport in Iceland?

I did a few color swaps/new liveries already! Some of the default ones are great but I wanted some other colors...

Untitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Navy Metal 6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

My fav so far...there's a Milviz C310 paint that looks similar. This one is pretty accurate to the real V35B but I might do a custom tail number.

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I use Bing Rewards, so I got it for $0 thanks to credit
    Presumably you have a MS Store MSFS? I have a Steam MSFS and can't find a way to use my credits...

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post

I did a few color swaps/new liveries already! Some of the default ones are great but I wanted some other colors...

Navy Metal 6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Untitled-4 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

My fav so far...there's a Milviz C310 paint that looks similar. This one is pretty accurate to the real V35B but I might do a custom tail number.

Nice work.
    If you are looking for inspiration, N64PK has a retro vibe.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0b/a9/b0/0...40d093beac.jpg

T43

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Presumably you have a MS Store MSFS? I have a Steam MSFS and can't find a way to use my credits...
    Won't be possible on the Steam version as Steam takes a cut of all sales in the marketplace.

it wouild seem carenado has this famous flyer thing locked in. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Yep, it's Iceland! I've been flying around add-on airports that I've downloaded and never checked out. Which was fun because the Iceland terrain was really nicely updated in the world update that covered it.

Plus I forgot to switch fuel tanks in the Bonanza, the engine died, and I was flying low so I had to land instead of troubleshooting why I couldn't restart the engine. Pulled off a nice landing on a flat area of tundra, realized my tank idiocy, restarted and flew the remaining 20 miles to the airport!

I did a few color swaps/new liveries already!
    Thanks for these! I actually downloaded your Blue/Silver paint before I even bought the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Yep, I do. So if you have Steam MSFS even add-on Marketplace purchases are through the Steam store instead of MS? That's a bummer you can't use Bing rewards. I've gotten a couple hundred bucks of Xbox games and MSFS add-ons via that program over the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    it wouild seem carenado has this famous flyer thing locked in. ;-)
    I'd say this is the best one yet. John might disagree and choose the Twin Beech hehe! But I love the flying by hand, and the little stall horn going off as I touch down. Sounds exactly like the one in the musketeer I fly.

I'd love to see GTN support but I don't think that will ever happen. Have to wait on the A2A version for that! Thankfully the WT GNS530 will come out!

I did finish my paint thanks to John and am trying to get an interior placard working with my custom hand painted registration.

realtailnum by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Needs tip tanks, not only for looks but also for more fuel for longer flights.

Members who have read this thread: 1