SG Betty Revisions UT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SG Betty Revisions UT

SG Betty Revisions UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Japanese

Description: Mitsubishi G4M1 Betty Revision by UncleTgt

This is a collection of revisions for the G4M1 Betty by Stuart Green for CFS 2.

A new airfile & aircraft.cfg to better approximate the published data for range & speed. This airfile also improves the AI formation flight characteristics.

A tweak to the panel.cfg that stops the engines cutting out when you load it as the Player aircraft in Quick Combat. Panel views enlarged to make them WIN7+ safe.

An amended DP file that includes some AI bombloads.

Some tweaked Morton repaints. These textures are: F-319 Aircraft of 4th Ku, operating from Rabaul during August 1942. This skin was included in the 87 Days rework released by Captain Kurt in 2022.

K-324 A camouflaged aircraft of the Kanoya ku, operating from Rabaul during July 1942.

52-059 Aircraft used by 752ku & based in the Marshall Islands, January 1944

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Stuart Green for the original aircraft, simply superb modelling.

Morton for his excellent repaint, I just tweaked & overpainted some different markings.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt.

AUG 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG Betty Revisions UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hmm,

74 downloads & zero comments. Either it's stunned everyone into silence (unlikely), or there's something wrong with how I approached this revision.

Hi John,
    Yes, I know what it feels like.......it's poss because you've released quite a bit recently, people not stunned just taking in what you've done in their own sweet time.

I don't often get to use new stuff much, even my own!! lol, but thank you for this, as I said adding a bit of choice always ups the quality for CFS2, which is what we need.

Cheers

Shessi

Dear John,

PLEASE don' t get upset. 74 downloads? = not bad, how many fly CFS2 PTO nowadays?

No comments? ofcourse not, your work is always terriffic !!!

In MY opinion it's not the QUANTITY that counts, but the QUALITY !!!

Hope this cheers you up a little bit .

So PLEASE go on with your great works

Regards,

hertzie.

Thank you UT. A welcome addition to my hangar.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Many thanks UT

I guess I must have missed it. Don't know how, but this is the first I've scene of your latest re-visions. I have only just finished with your recent MAVIS offering. I'll go grab now. Always greatful to the creative members at SOH.

I'm concerned by the lack of activity in this forum lately - I fear it's becoming too passive.

I realise there aren't that many active players of CFS 2 any more, but that doesn't mean this ol' Sim doesn't have a lot to offer. There are a few of us still churning stuff out, but without feedback it's likely we will just figure no-one's interested any more & just make stuff for ourselves.

I agree with you, sir. I am currently working on a GSL revision of Maskrider's Philippines scenery with about 4 other members and on a large Kursk VVS campaign. Little outside comment was noticed on the threads for either of these projects.

Be thankful for the interest shown in the number of downloads so far. Folks could at least say "thank you," though... As for me, I first noticed this thread this AM. You do some good work, my man. Please keep it up.

Cheers:

SW07
    "De Oppresso Liber"

UT I saw this the other day. I haven't been able to participate flying in CFS2 since the "87 days" adventure. Would this sub in that campaign?
    Also so much being added to this sim lately, it's hard to keep up. You, Shadow Wolf, Psullskeys,Capt Kurt, wolfi, etc.
    All nice additions either completed or coming soon!!

UT.....

...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, you of all people, along with several others here, do not get discouraged. Your work to me is like a Rembrandt. Sometimes it just needs to be gazed at with no comment on the artist even possible. All your work is stunning and brings a new dimension to this sim world .

UT and ALL other developers, creators and enhancers,

I am very thankful for your sharing with us all you have done to keep CFS2 alive and growing

UT, many thanks for this splendid upgrade. My interest is there but family health issues have been getting in the way of flight sim. Lately I spend more time in Free Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    UT, many thanks for this splendid upgrade. My interest is there but family health issues have been getting in the way of flight sim. Lately I spend more time in Free Flight!
    UncleTgt,

I don't blame you for your frustration you have been doing a lot lately for CFS2.If it weren't for people like you,Captain Kurt,Stuart and a few others ( can't think of some of others names off the top of head,my apologies to them ) this sim would have died along time ago.I don't fly this sim but son does so I d/l things he needs and wants to do his missions and try to thank people as I do this.I know he is looking forward to your work on Guadalcanal.Now with him going to school and my daughter Going to Florida for college I not around much right now.

Because people showing a lack of interest I know they have lost out on some Campaigns and missions.My son has flown most of Talon's missions and campaigns and about 10 of them were never released.Same with TheBookie,as a matter of fact he doesn't post anymore and rarely comes into SOH.Even my son is basically doing things for himself.

Notice after you spoke up in this thread about the lack of interest they spoke up just because they don't want to lose something they selfishly want for nothing.Not saying all of them did it for that reason.

Maybe you should just do it for yourself and share it with people you know will enjoy it and respect what you do for CFS2.

Hiede

Hiede,

Thanks for the thoughtful post. I voiced my concern precisely because I don't want the forum to wither away & die, as creators break into small "friends - only" groups to share mods.

The "attaboy" comments are nice to see, but I'm much more interested in feedback that helps me to improve what I do, or improve the experience in the Sim itself.

As a for instance, do the AI bomber gun mods I include in my revised DPs make it too easy to get that kill? Do the airfile mods improve AI formation keeping, but neuter it's performance as a ship-attacker? Without any meaningful feedback, I'll just keep on producing what I "think" is OK.

The current Solomons scenery project grew out of member collaboration.

Myself & Skylane were part of the team lead by Captain Kurt to revise the old "87 Days" missions. I offered to revise Guadacanal for use with Rhumbas mesh & it grew like Topsy!!
    Because of this involvement, I got to exchange some mails with Skylane, who was interested in making a Japanese side of "87 Days". He was having issues with some of Akemi's Zero ranges & AI so I tried to help with that... So you see how interaction can develop into quite large & complex projects.

These types of interaction are largely missing from this forum nowadays.

Without them, I agree CFS 2 would be dead - has anyone tried the original "87" Days missions in a stock install? Don't people see how far this community has developed a rather basic looking (but moddable - very important) combat flight sim into something that can be truly immersive, & potentially useful as a (low-cost) education tool.

It's a 22 yr old sim, and still going.... so just say no to drugs..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    It's a 22 yr old sim, and still going.... so just say no to drugs..... lol
    Tee hee,

Guess I need to "calm down, calm down" then...

(Insert scouse humour reference here)

LOL, just keep going UT. You are adding a ton to the the looks and playability of this old sim. Twenty two years and there is still nothing better that could replace it. Once your Solomons have been completed, maybe it will be time for some new, or updates to, campaigns that can use it to great effect. Baa Baa Blacksheep, VF17 Jolly Rogers, VMF-121, TL-Vila, 44th Squadron, et all.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

SOH-CM-2024

Icon26 G4M1 Betty

Hi Uncle Tgt,

I totally missed the updated Betty; my KRAFT disease seems to be getting worse.

Thank you for this excellent update of this aircraft.

Don't think we don't love what you do to improve CFS, it's just a lot of us aren't as clever as you and Shessi & Captain Kurt and Andrew Wai and all the other wonderful designers.

Thanks again for this excellent update.

Regards,

Many thanks for all your nice work UT, keep on for our pleasure!

Cheers
    Martin

Icon23

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.....

Hurrah!

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    LOL, just keep going UT. You are adding a ton to the the looks and playability of this old sim. Twenty two years and there is still nothing better that could replace it. Once your Solomons have been completed, maybe it will be time for some new, or updates to, campaigns that can use it to great effect. Baa Baa Blacksheep, VF17 Jolly Rogers, VMF-121, TL-Vila, 44th Squadron, et all.
    Captain Kurt

Who do you think would do all that work?From what I have learned since 2003 only a few know how now.It might all be left up to you.My sob was thinking about since he has all Al's research for it he rather do his Big E campaign,plus with school activities he has limited time.

Hiede

Quote Originally Posted by Hiede View Post
    Captain Kurt

Who do you think would do all that work?From what I have learned since 2003 only a few know how now.It might all be left up to you.My sob was thinking about since he has all Al's research for it he rather do his Big E campaign,plus with school activities he has limited time.

Hiede
    Nothing new there. Aside from myself, Rami, Shadow Wolf, TheBookie, Skylane and some team efforts, there hasn't been any campaign makers for years. There is no doubt that Al is sorely missed from that list. I'm hoping your son will post his campaign when he finishies it.

Still you never know when someone might get inspired. It's not really work, it's fun, and not difficult to do a basic type campaign.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Nothing new there. Aside from myself, Rami, Shadow Wolf, TheBookie, Skylane and some team efforts, there hasn't been any campaign makers for years. There is no doubt that Al is sorely missed from that list. I'm hoping your son will post his campaign when he finishies it.

Still you never know when someone might get inspired. It's not really work, it's fun, and not difficult to do a basic type campaign.
    TheBookie hasn't been in SOH in along time and only helps my son with his mission building.

I'm sure the Big E will be released when done.But he only works on it once or twice a week because of school homework.He has a few other things he is working on also.

Hiede

Hi UncleTgt
    Thanks for this excellent target.
    Looks great.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Not just a target, it is also fun to fly it.
    A big improvement over the already nice original.
    Thanks, UncleTgt!

Members who have read this thread: 1