Shessi C5M2 Babs revision UT

Thread: Shessi C5M2 Babs revision UT

Shessi C5M2 Babs revision UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Japanese

Description: Mitsubishi C5M2 Babs Revision by UncleTgt

This is a collection of revisions for C5M2 Babs by Shessi for CFS 2.

A new airfile & aircraft.cfg to better approximate the published data for range & speed.

A tweak to the panel.cfg that adjusts the forward view slightly.

A tweaked model (using MDLmat) to try & lighten the cockpit glass (only partly successful).

A new texture for an aircraft used by the Tainan ku during the early part of 1942.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to

Metal Dreams for the original aircraft.
    Shessi for his undoubted skill in re-engineering older aircraft models to give them a new lease of life in the old sim.
    Martin Wright for so many really useful tools, in this case MDLmat.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt
    AUG 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Shessi C5M2 Babs revision UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Looking spick and span John. Thanks!

Hi UncleTgt
    A great little repaint.
    Thanks for this one.
    And thanks to Shessi for the rework.
    Cheers
    Stuart

A beautiful repaint, and the new files also make it fly nicely. I used it to check out some island scenery in the Solomons.
    Btw, UncleTgt, do you have any information where the Tainan Ku used these airplane? Probably in the New Guinea campaign?

Tainan ku was deployed to Lae & Buna for the advance on Port Moresby, & they used the Babs for recon flights as far as Northern Australia. I know they lost at least one over Milne Bay (pacificwrecks).

But, they were based for a time at Rabaul, & they used the Babs also as lead navigator for long range flights, so it's also possible they may have flown a few early recon flights down to Guadacanal.

I also did a 3rd ku skin in my Babs skinpack when Shessi first released his overhaul, if you prefer a different look.

Members who have read this thread: 1