Sim Update X
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update X

Sim Update X

Dev update: https://www.flightsimulator.com/augu...opment-update/, the next will be 11th August. It was quite long break from the last SU. SU10 will be between 22nd -26th this month.

Btw. Do you have any idea about the next Local Legend (23.08) and Famous Flyer (18.08)?

Last edited by YoYo; August 5th, 2022 at 01:50.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I know there's a DC-3 inbound and the Wright Flyer, probably a couple others coming down the pipe I'm forgetting.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Quote Originally Posted by SH427 View Post
    I know there's a DC-3 inbound and the Wright Flyer, probably a couple others coming down the pipe I'm forgetting.
    Those two addons will be in November with Anniversary Edition update.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Doh!

Your guess is as good as mine then!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

It's probably worth clarifying that while all of the "Local Legend" and "Famous Flyer" releases are always payware products, usually priced around $15 USD, the "40th Anniversary Edition" addon on the other hand, coming in November, will be entirely free. That single free addon will include the DC-3, Spirit of St. Louis, Wright Flyer, de Havilland Beaver, Airbus A310, the LG8-18 and DG1001E neo gliders, and a few other aircraft not yet announced, as well as a few helicopters, including the Bell 407 and Guimbal Cabri G2. We already know it is slated for release in November, and I would expect that it will be released the week of Thanksgiving.

I have yet to see/hear any public hints or indications as to what the next Local Legend and Famous Flyer products will be, and of course all of the developers that become involved with Asobo/Microsoft work under strict NDAs. I assume that a couple of them, at least at some point or another, will likely be the Piper Tri-Pacer and Aztec by Carenado.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 5th, 2022 at 17:18.

I'm *guessing* that one of the two will be a Carenado product, and the other may possibly be the ATSimulations Antonov An-2 if they were able to finally get licensing past the finish line, as it's been ready for quite a while and it was meant to be a famous flier or local legend quite a few months ago. With that said....really no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's probably worth clarifying that while all of the "Local Legend" and "Famous Flyer" releases are always payware products, usually priced around $15 USD, the "40th Anniversary Edition" addon on the other hand, coming in November, will be entirely free. That single free addon will include the DC-3, Spirit of St. Louis, Wright Flyer, de Havilland Beaver, Airbus A310, the LG8-18 and DG1001E neo gliders, and a few other aircraft not yet announced, as well as a few helicopters, including the Bell 407 and Guimbal Cabri G2.
    I hope the included Beaver will be Milviz's model (as commented a while ago), because I think some Asobo's models are not up to the standards set by many 3rd party developers.

I for one would gladly pay for a Beaver by one of the major aircraft developers (including Milviz), without the risks and headaches associated to every sim update, no matter how free these can be.

Miliviz is doing this and will be for free in this November's update (its not this P3D/FSX version only, it will have more features).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    It's probably worth clarifying that while all of the "Local Legend" and "Famous Flyer" releases are always payware products, usually priced around $15 USD, the "40th Anniversary Edition" addon on the other hand, coming in November, will be entirely free. That single free addon will include the DC-3, Spirit of St. Louis, Wright Flyer, de Havilland Beaver, Airbus A310, the LG8-18 and DG1001E neo gliders, and a few other aircraft not yet announced, as well as a few helicopters, including the Bell 407 and Guimbal Cabri G2. We already know it is slated for release in November, and I would expect that it will be released the week of Thanksgiving.

I have yet to see/hear any public hints or indications as to what the next Local Legend and Famous Flyer products will be, and of course all of the developers that become involved with Asobo/Microsoft work under strict NDAs. I assume that a couple of them, at least at some point or another, will likely be the Piper Tri-Pacer and Aztec by Carenado.
    I would love to see the Aztec in MSFS. I hope it comes to the top sooner rather than later. That was one of their nicest planes in FSX. I missed the Beaver listing. That too will be a nice switch off plane. Need an AC500 at some point as well. I'll stop asking after that. Well, would still like to see a Beech G18S or E18S!! Much nicer than the plain old D18S / C-54.

Don BP

WISHLIST - LIFETIME - AUGUST 11, 2022

DESCRIPTION___________________________________________ STATUS

Can we have our classic Fly-By views back ?..................................Not Started

IMHO that's truly pathetic and a showstopper already from the beginning.
    So, as far as i'm concerned and without any further ado :

Microsoft Flight Simulator......................................... ...................Not Started

Clarification : Fly-By camera view has always been highly important to me, right from the start when such an exhilirating and inspiring view mode was implemented. Particularly the intoxicating view from the side of the runway of my own landings and take-offs in all kinds of weather with all kinds of aircraft. I could probabely count the take-off's and landings that i did not replay over and over again on one hand only... For me here's where FS has always shone brightestly. Seeing such an unmistakingly beautiful designed shape FLY-BY in its natural habitat wether it be Roland Garros in his 1912 Morane-Saulnier or Scott Crossfield in his X-15. Sure, i'm well aware of the fact that i may be a virtual aircraft spotter much more than a virtual pilot but it's a free virtual world, right ? Nothing short of a tantalus torture for MS/Asobo to present us with the unbelievable beauty that is MSFS and yet deprive us ( well, atleast me, for one..and atleast 692 others..) from THE most exiting sights and sounds of a proper FLY-BY camera ! I'd almost say shame on you both...

Classic Fly-By view...... Not started....... Pfffffffff....pathetic

And another thing : i mean, HOW HARD CAN IT BE ??? (obviously pretty very hard, otherwise it would've been implemented a year ago already, right ??...)

I rest my case. Now where's my FS9 installation with Active Camera.......

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    WISHLIST - LIFETIME - AUGUST 11, 2022

Can we have our classic Fly-By views back ?..................................Not Started

IMHO that's truly pathetic and a showstopper already from the beginning.
    So, as far as i'm concerned and without any further ado :

Microsoft Flight Simulator......................................... ...................Not Started

Clarification : Fly-By camera view has always been highly important to me, right from the start when such an exhilirating and inspiring view mode was implemented. Particularly the intoxicating view from the side of the runway of my own landings and take-offs in all kinds of weather with all kinds of aircraft. I could probabely count the take-off's and landings that i did not replay over and over again on one hand only... For me here's where FS has always shone brightestly. Seeing such an unmistakingly beautiful designed shape FLY-BY in its natural habitat wether it be Roland Garros in his 1912 Morane-Saulnier or Scott Crossfield in his X-15. Sure, i'm well aware of the fact that i may be a virtual aircraft spotter much more than a virtual pilot but it's a free virtual world, right ? Nothing short of a tantalus torture for MS/Asobo to present us with the unbelievable beauty that is MSFS and yet deprive us ( well, atleast me, for one..and atleast 692 others..) from THE most exiting sights and sounds of a proper FLY-BY camera ! I'd almost say shame on you both...

Classic Fly-By view...... Not started....... Pfffffffff....pathetic

And another thing : i mean, HOW HARD CAN IT BE ??? (obviously pretty very hard, otherwise it would've been implemented a year ago already, right ??...)

I rest my case. Now where's my FS9 installation with Active Camera.......
    I completely agree with ya. (except for the FS9 bit)

Hell, call it tower view, airshow view or whatever, just put the damn thing in there!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

FS9's Tower View with the Autower mod dropped into the modules folder was the absolute best. Without the mod, your tower view was stuck at whichever airport you spawned from, but the mod kept switching to the nearest field. If Asobo does add a tower view, I hope they consider switching to the nearest field.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    FS9's Tower View with the Autower mod dropped into the modules folder was the absolute best. Without the mod, your tower view was stuck at whichever airport you spawned from, but the mod kept switching to the nearest field. If Asobo does add a tower view, I hope they consider switching to the nearest field.
    I don't believe i've ever tried that. In fact never used Tower View because what Active Camera by the Belgian 'Viewmasters' Anticyclone group produced was THE absolute "Mother Of All FS Camera's". For example: imagine you're on short final at one of your fav airports. From within the VC click at a spot along the runway from where you'd like to see/replay your landing after you've landed. Hit Replay (looped) and watch your landing from that exact spot over and over again if you like. You could even safe them or change your view to another spot. Higher up, lower down, forward, backward, sideways, i.e. all over the place including smack dab in the middle of the Tower ! All while the Replay kept replaying.

I begged them, said i'd give them all my money, if they'd make their fabulous FS9 Active Camera mod available for use with FSX. To no avail alas. (IIRC FSX had a more or less decent fly-by camera built in, wasn't it ?..)

It's just this amazing experience of that "All you'd wish for" Active Camera in FS9 that makes me almost loath MSFS because of it's lack of a user friendly 'All you'd wish for' Camera installation. To be honest i think this so called 'Drone' thingamabob is fairly ridiculous and useless. Sure tried it but got tired of it rather quickly. I mean, if you can't even setup an instant fly-by camera view by simply assigning a key to it, what's the use. ( not to say that i find this whole MSFS Camera View Mode hassle a PITA as ever there was ! )

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I completely agree with ya. (except for the FS9 bit)
    That's probabely because you did not have experience with 'Active Camera' ?... It made FS9 10 times more interesting instantly.

(btw, aren't you Belgian ? The company Anticyclone, the guys that gave us 'Active Camera', were fellow countrymen of yours! )

Hell, call it tower view, airshow view or whatever, just put the damn thing in there!
    Exactly !

Particularly because IF you'd go thru the hassle of setting up a 'one time only' FLY-BY camera with this cumbersome 'Drone' thingy, not only the sight is absolutely wonderful, the sound is nothing short of amazing ! (check out Dean's video's he made of his F-14, -15, -16. Pretty cool ! (probabely cost him atleast a day's work per type... ;-)

So it's all there and more already ! Just need to be shaped into an easy to use 'one click only' system (and while doing so get rid of that ridiculous Drone thingy on the side)

I suppose I could qualify my statement by stipulating freeware. My cash was a lot tighter back then - my FS9 install was ~99% freeware. I'm in a much better position now, but I'm still picky about what I buy.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    That's probabely because you did not have experience with 'Active Camera' ?... It made FS9 10 times more interesting instantly.

(btw, aren't you Belgian ? The company Anticyclone, the guys that gave us 'Active Camera', were fellow countrymen of yours! )

Exactly !

Particularly because IF you'd go thru the hassle of setting up a 'one time only' FLY-BY camera with this cumbersome 'Drone' thingy, not only the sight is absolutely wonderful, the sound is nothing short of amazing ! (check out Dean's video's he made of his F-14, -15, -16. Pretty cool ! (probabely cost him atleast a day's work per type... ;-)

So it's all there and more already ! Just need to be shaped into an easy to use 'one click only' system (and while doing so get rid of that ridiculous Drone thingy on the side)
    Correct, I didn't have active camera when I was still flying FS9. Like Tom, I wasn't in a financially good place then, so most of my addons were freeware.

I am indeed Belgian, hence my location!

And indeed, FSX (and P3D) had a very decent "tower view" that even switched to the tower of the airport that you flew to.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Correct, I didn't have active camera when I was still flying FS9. Like Tom, I wasn't in a financially good place then, so most of my addons were freeware.
    Ahhh..... well, you missed out then, fairly gigantedly really...: At first Active Camera *was* freeware ! Sometime later they released AC 2.0 for which 15 euros was asked. Never in the world of Microsoft FS a piece of such high value software was released for such a low price. (well, all IMHO naturally. ;-)

I am indeed Belgian, hence my location!
    That's why i asked..

And indeed, FSX (and P3D) had a very decent "tower view" that even switched to the tower of the airport that you flew to.
    Yes, i remember that but wasn't it like buildings in the vicinity would block the view ?... I also remember asking about an FSX Fly-By camera at Avsim. Turned out a brilliant individual had made a proper easy to use Fly-By camera by modding the so called 'Runway View' which happend to be rather useless (with a name like that you'd expected a LOT but only gave you a look at the runway threshold from within the VC..Useless Bummer because we had that already with the normal view out of the VC..). He was kind enough to share his mod and it was all i was looking for. Then came P3D which broke the mod and the sad story of having no Fly-By camera in the best current version continued.... up until who knows.... A sad story indeed if you ask me.

SU10 has been delayed to allow for more time to fix some issues that arose during the beta period, ETA is now two weeks. The Famous Flyer is the V tail Bonanza. Q&A is still ongoing so no news yet on the Local Legend and whether or not is has been delayed.

EDIT: Next World Update is Canada, news of the Local Legend will come during Gamescom (August 24-28th) along with other announcements (possibly the first Continent Update?).

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    SU10 has been delayed to allow for more time to fix some issues that arose during the beta period, ETA is now two weeks. The Famous Flyer is the V tail Bonanza. Q&A is still ongoing so no news yet on the Local Legend and whether or not is has been delayed.

EDIT: Next World Update is Canada, news of the Local Legend will come during Gamescom (August 24-28th) along with other announcements (possibly the first Continent Update?).
    Thx for info! btw. Bonanza is done by Carenado.

+ sale, 25% off for two days only https://www.flightsimulator.com/anni...e-marketplace/ .

Aviat Husky A-1C
    Beechcraft Model 18
    D17 Staggerwing
    Dornier Do J
    Fokker F.VII
    Gee Bee Model Z and Model R-2
    Junkers Ju 52
    Savoia-Marchetti S.55 and S.55X
    Top Rudder 103 Solo

etc.

Love the V-Tailed Doctor Killer, but with typical encrypted files, I'll have to think on this one a bit.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

groan..latest update reset all my control settings back to default, why?

I really like this sim, but they are making it hard for me...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

Seriously?!!

I just wish that there was a way of backing up the control config settings like FSX/P3D allows, I had this headache when I updated the firmware on my Virpil HOTAS setup!

I was "Lucky" in the fact that I had the button layout diagrams for the controllers printed out along with notations on which switch did this & that, but it was still a long chore to re-assign the multiple switch actions.

I also have a mate who has the same Virpil setup as me & also appreciates how I had my controller switches set up, it would be nice just to back the controller config up, allowing me to just share it (or have I overlooked this feature?!)

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

Which update reset your settings? The little August 10 scenery and 3rd-party dev update? That didn't reset anything on mine, and it's hard to see why it would.

But it's good you reminded us. I just took some screen shots of my options screens so that when SU10 comes out in another month, I'm ready just in case. That reset did happen to me with one SU, but I feel like it was one of the early ones, like in late 2020 or early 2021.

August

Members who have read this thread: 0