Lionheart Lear Fan Released to Marketplace

Thread: Lionheart Lear Fan Released to Marketplace

Lionheart Lear Fan Released to Marketplace

Our old friend Bill Ortis is at it again! The Lear Fan is now available on the in-sim Marketplace. She looks absolutely sweet from the huge number of screenshots available on the listing. Here's the first of them:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Flight Simulator 8_4_2022 11_50_41 PM.png  
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It's a nice model, just got it. It overspeeds at a little over 170 which can't be right? I also had an issue with the VC animations not moving and the A/P control knobs not working. Going to test it again to see if it was a glitch on my end.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can confirm on my end, the A/P controls do not work, as also some of the animations in the VC. It seems like it's got a bit too much pitch and not enough roll? The latter is easily corrected. Hopefully the issues will get fixed soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you have an issue with yaw? When I touch my rudder pedals it yaws uncontrollably. I'm going to check calibration now. Pitch is fine for me, but roll is sluggish, but I'm using a Warthog stick with a stick extension giving it about a ten inch throw, so I'll just adjust the config file on my end. It's a beautiful model though. I can't say about the speed because my throttle won't calibrate correctly in FS. It doesn't have any affect until it's 50% through it's range than it registers only for the 50% to 100% of the throttle movement range. As a result, it's difficult to make fine adjustments.

I don't have any issues with my Warthog Stick & Throttle other than the dis-harmony in the roll and pitch axis. My used Thrustmaster T.Flight Pedals work fine but FS2020 rudder authority to me feels off compared to my actual flight experience in GA aircraft. It's like you add just a hair more input and it goes full deflection. I try to dial it in for each aircraft but it's not always easy. This model is nice, just hope the issues get fixed soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammered in the FS forums. Seems like a wait and see if the developer acts on the issues. I hope the Starship in development (different developer), exceeds expectations.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...eased/534837/9
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Hammered in the FS forums. Seems like a wait and see if the developer acts on the issues. I hope the Starship in development (different developer), exceeds expectations.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...eased/534837/9
    The main problem....is no one reads the documents enclosed.
    Initial issues was. Some people expected the 2100 version. This was not to be Bill was specific this is a futuristic 2200 with advanced avionics, and updated power source to correct shortcomings of the 2100.
    Take a moment and search for test pilots notes..you will see that in testing the Lear Fan was not stable. It vibrated because of the dual engine mated to a heavy rather unreliable transmission. Bill accounted for this and tried correcting it in this version.
    I am sure updates will come in due time.

Oddly, the issue I had with the cockpit animations not working properly disappeared then have occurred again. Not sure what to make of that, it's some sort of bug that got by. Assuming this "What If" the Lear Fan had been modernized and debugged, the perfs and handling in this model is unstable which leads me to think it was not properly beta tested (no offense intended to the Dev or anyone involved in trying to get it functional). The Perf display issue with the overspeeding (barber pole) at 170+ knots can easily be fixed by adjusting the cockpit config file's [AIRSPEED] numbers. As far as the handling (seeming pitch over-sensitivity and sluggish roll rate), I have no idea how to fix that with this model. The internal FS2020 adjustments in the custom panel for this model don't seem to help much. It is a very nice model overall, just in need of an update to fix all said issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly, the issue I had with the cockpit animations not working properly disappeared then have occurred again. Not sure what to make of that, it's some sort of bug that got by. Assuming this "What If" the Lear Fan had been modernized and debugged, the perfs and handling in this model is unstable which leads me to think it was not properly beta tested (no offense intended to the Dev or anyone involved in trying to get it functional). The Perf display issue with the overspeeding (barber pole) at 170+ knots can easily be fixed by adjusting the cockpit config file's [AIRSPEED] numbers. As far as the handling (seeming pitch over-sensitivity and sluggish roll rate), I have no idea how to fix that with this model. The internal FS2020 adjustments in the custom panel for this model don't seem to help much. It is a very nice model overall, just in need of an update to fix all said issues.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    The main problem....is no one reads the documents enclosed.
    Initial issues was. Some people expected the 2100 version. This was not to be Bill was specific this is a futuristic 2200 with advanced avionics, and updated power source to correct shortcomings of the 2100.
    Take a moment and search for test pilots notes..you will see that in testing the Lear Fan was not stable. It vibrated because of the dual engine mated to a heavy rather unreliable transmission. Bill accounted for this and tried correcting it in this version.
    I am sure updates will come in due time.
    Agreed! The documentation tells the full story. Plus, it is highly unlikely that anyone has flown the real 2100, seen or heard one. Still, I have to be very soft on the rudder, or it spins out of control quite easily.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I am beginning to think that cockpit animation issues are probably due to Asobo IX. This problem has been encountered with other aircraft specially when changing liveries.
    The flight dynamics are also a little screwy since last release. I truly hope that someone on the beta testing put the Lear Fan through the numbers and see if there is improvements. If not we will just have to wait until next MSFS2020;update release.
    BTW, the plane was beta tested and performed well, the main thing that was pointed out is that it could not follow glide slope. Also remember, we all have such diverse systems and calibrations that it almost makes it impossible to put the aircraft through it's numbers.
    Please post at Bill's Lionheart FB page your observations and I am more than sure he will try his best to solve most issues.

Jim, thanks for the feedback. Bill has always been great to tend to issues and in most cases getting his models to perform/work as solidly as possible at release

I agree, there are some things that are not right since the last big update. I hate it for Bill if that is the cause of the issues here on release with this otherwise nice model.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had the same rudder/yaw problem. I rebooted my rudder pedals and all is well now. Just like the cockpit switch issue, which I have seen in other aircraft, it seems to me that with some of the updates that MSFS does makes the peripherals sometimes lose their settings and there is a cockpit switch issue going on due to the last update. I probably didn't notice it was an Asobo issue at first because I've had so little time to fly lately, but had to take the Learfan out for a spin when it became available. Now if I could just figure out my throttle calibration issue, it would be perfect.

Members who have read this thread: 0