Completely redesigned and rebuilt Panels
    Rebuilt exterior and VC Models
    All new Texturing
    32 liveries across 7 variants
    Civil, Military and Cargo models Plus “long nose” Variant
    3 panel colours
    Many varied Seating colours
    optional ASPEN EFIS
    Redesigned DME (Not Wasm Based so works on Xbox platform)
    100% Brand New Flight dynamics using CFD and New Prop physics
    Accurate Electrical & Fuel systems
    Operational external tanks and Tip Tanks (On Maritime Variant)
    All working Circuit breakers
    Fully dimmable Panel lighting and Overhead map lighting
    Cabin and exterior lighting with rotating beacon
    Brand new “WWISE” sound set Matched accurately to real Islander sound
    Opening Doors, cargo hold(s) and clear-view Panel
    Adjustable sun visors
    Fully featherable propellers
    Chocks, Flags and Gust-locks
    Also Engine covers and Boarding steps
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

One of the first planes I bought for MSFS. I liked it, but it lacked a few things. Looking forward to the update!

Don BP

I'm really impressed with their dedication to the aircraft and product, going back over it and completely redoing so much of it to turn it into a real standout. It looks fantastic with the updated graphics!

Hope they do the Tri-islander as well. I fly it often.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Hope they do the Tri-islander as well. I fly it often.
    The Trislander was launched at the standard they're upgrading the Islander to. It's already "done."

More preview pics of the new Islander (when available) would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    The Trislander was launched at the standard they're upgrading the Islander to. It's already "done."
    Well that's disappointing. Because there are rough polys that could be smoothed on the TI, and some interior refinements to bring it up to msfs expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    More preview pics of the new Islander (when available) would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    I'm watching this one at the moment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghzi9ATUHQ0
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Well that's disappointing. Because there are rough polys that could be smoothed on the TI, and some interior refinements to bring it up to msfs expectations.
    To each his own. It's a flight sim on a home computer, and the plane looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, and flies on the numbers. I'm not saying devs shouldn't strive for excellence, but good lord, if the standards are such that any indication that this is a polygonal model on a pretend flight simulator is below expectations, we can kiss the awesome variety of planes we had in previous generations goodbye.

I'm not saying your expectations aren't justified for your personal happiness. But when a plane at the Trislander's level at $29.99 is considered rough and below expectations, I worry for the future of our hobby.

Blog Entries
    To each his own. It's a flight sim on a home computer, and the plane looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, and flies on the numbers. I'm not saying devs shouldn't strive for excellence, but good lord, if the standards are such that any indication that this is a polygonal model on a pretend flight simulator is below expectations, we can kiss the awesome variety of planes we had in previous generations goodbye.

I'm not saying your expectations aren't justified for your personal happiness. But when a plane at the Trislander's level at $29.99 is considered rough and below expectations, I worry for the future of our hobby.
    " "
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

To each his own. It's a flight sim on a home computer, and the plane looks fantastic, sounds fantastic, and flies on the numbers. I'm not saying devs shouldn't strive for excellence, but good lord, if the standards are such that any indication that this is a polygonal model on a pretend flight simulator is below expectations, we can kiss the awesome variety of planes we had in previous generations goodbye.I'm not saying your expectations aren't justified for your personal happiness. But when a plane at the Trislander's level at $29.99 is considered rough and below expectations, I worry for the future of our hobby.
    But the the standards have been raised. Otherwise, why would they update the Islander? Why does Asobo continue to update the platform? Why even make the move from FSX? Afterall, it's just a flightsim on a home computer. LOL

Couldn't have said it better!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Just noticed that I had an email from Blackbox saying the updated version is available.

Currently downloading, looking forwards to trying it out!

Keith.

For the benefit of unregistered visitors, I'm going to close this one and open a new sticky with a link to purchase.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0