Commander 685 Native P3D conversion - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Commander 685 Native P3D conversion

  1. #51
    Hi, thank you for making this plane for Prepar3d.
    Can you tell me how did you got Prop discs not contain shadow, i have issue in some of my converted props that has a disk shadow and i want to make that disappear from those conversions? Thank you

  2. #52
    Do you mean the prop disk itself or the disk is casting a shadow on the ground? If you're referring to the actual prop disk itself being "solid." You have make sure the propeller blur texture in MCX is "set default transparent" in the material editor and you have a proper transparent alpha channel set for that propeller state.

    Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    Do you mean the prop disk itself or the disk is casting a shadow on the ground? If you're referring to the actual prop disk itself being "solid." You have make sure the propeller blur texture in MCX is "set default transparent" in the material editor and you have a proper transparent alpha channel set for that propeller state.
    Yes, i have this issue the prop disk cast shadow on ground and in plane model itself, usually in wing parts. I will try this what you suggested, thank you for your help
    I have usually made prop disk transparent settings myself, by selecting "invsrcalpha" and "srcalpha", and also "special functionality", and setting those settings it was showing the propdisk shadow.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    Can you tell me how did you got Prop discs not contain shadow...
    It's usually done like this, with the Material Editor in McX:



    Unfortunately, for some aircrafts, simply reexporting the mdl file breaks some, or all the animations, even if doing nothing but this simple fix...
    In this case, it's best to ask the original developper to do it, if possible, with his own developping tools, not McX.

    Example where this fix didn't work:


  5. #55
    SOH-CM-2022
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Back in the land of maple syrup
    Age
    60
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post

    Unfortunately, for some aircrafts, simply reexporting the mdl file breaks some, or all the animations, even if doing nothing but this simple fix...
    In this case, it's best to ask the original developper to do it, if possible, with his own developping tools, not McX.

    Example where this fix didn't work:

    Question - are you re-exporting the model as an FSX model or P3D? If you are exporting as FSX try re-importing the model into MCX and re-exporting it. That has been know to correct the broken animation issue. There is a "bug" in the FSX export that sometimes breaks the animations but Arno hasn't been able to determine the cause. Re-importing and exporting the model can resolve the issue.

    Alternately - export the model as P3D native, that should fix it as well.

    Gavin

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    It's usually done like this, with the Material Editor in McX:



    Unfortunately, for some aircrafts, simply reexporting the mdl file breaks some, or all the animations, even if doing nothing but this simple fix...
    In this case, it's best to ask the original developper to do it, if possible, with his own developping tools, not McX.

    Example where this fix didn't work:
    Hi, and thank you.
    I tried this in a couple aircraft models and it worked fine but in some of other planes i tested does not work and the prop disk shadows not vanish.
    But guess i have to live with that

    Thank you for your help, i have made so many old classic aircrafts working in Prepar3d v5, so im glad at least i get them work, that is the main goal and im happy with that.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    If you are exporting as FSX try re-importing the model into MCX and re-exporting it. That has been know to correct the broken animation issue.
    Yes I'm using McX with FSX exporter... Thanks Gavin, that's a very good tip, and this double export actually works just fine!

Members who have read this thread: 133

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •