PMDG 737-600 is out

Thread: PMDG 737-600 is out

PMDG 737-600 is out

PMDG 737-600 for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Greg :USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Paul View Post
    PMDG 737-600 for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Purchased yesterday & finding its NAV is very good. Smooth flier.
    There are a number of 737-600 videos out there now, but this 5 minute video goes through the basics to set up the FMC & to actually fly an autoland approach into Sapporo.
    After you choose the STAR the FMC injects the VNAV heights into the flight plan & using his settings & VNAV & LNAV I was able to emulate the flight on the first attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUDbg703F3I

T43

I see the price of the PMDG 737-600 is much cheaper than the 737-700 (34.99 vs 69.99) is it a stand alone product or does it require the -700 be installed.

If it does not require the -700 is it a simplified version of the other product?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I've been looking at this too. Apparently from the thread over at AVsim, it is a stand alone full featured PMDG airliner, with
    the same features as the much more expensive 737-700, for only $35 US. PMDG seems to be using it as a loss leader to
    introduce more sim fliers to their products, who might otherwise hesitate to spend the normal amount asked.

And it's working: I don't normally fly heavy metal like this, but at this price, I'm curious enough to give it a try.

The only minor downsides from the AVsim thread are that only a passenger version is offered, no freight version (although
    as someone on the thread commented, looking out the cockpit window, you can't tell what version of the 737 you're in),
    and in real life I believe there were only 192 of the 737-600's produced, so not a lot of real life liveries. However, this hasn't
    stopped repainters on Flightsim.to from pumping out a bunch of fictional liveries. There are a number of actual liveries included
    with the product, although I don't know how many.

Anyway, here's the thread on AVsim if you want to read more:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...-600-released/

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I see the price of the PMDG 737-600 is much cheaper than the 737-700 (34.99 vs 69.99) is it a stand alone product or does it require the -700 be installed.

If it does not require the -700 is it a simplified version of the other product?
    It is a stand alone 'full house', [not a dumbed down 700], product & very competitively priced for what you get.
    I have the 700 & 600 & will be flying both. I has wing flex & moves around in the air currents, good FDE.
    Off the top of my head there are about 10 liveries from PMDG & others coming through on .to
    T43

I think part of the reason the -600 is cheaper is that it is just the -600, whereas the -700 has a freighter variant and the BBJ with different models, cockpits, flight dynamics etc
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

For the price it's brilliant, I don't normally fly glass cockpits but I like this one a lot, even in VR (Q2) it's very readable and usable.
    And for those who like to just 'kick the tyres and fly' I've just done two completely manual flights without ANY setup at all, just load the plane, throttle up, release brakes and go
    Now for the hours of manual reading ...

Members who have read this thread: 0