GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GAS N3N-3 P3D Legacy FSXA Pre-release sale SOH

More Repaints?

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Yeah, it's Part 2 of what I posted. The first half is a repeat of Part 1.

What I noticed is that the rudder was unpainted in the first video, and painted in the second. Still nice to watch.

BTW - are you planning any more repaints?
    I will probably look at all my downloads and see if I find any that are interesting and not too similar to Paul's or mine.

The link for the discount will be extended until the weekend. By then the vendor network should have the model in their stores. Thanks to all who have supported us with your purchases. Know that we appreciate all this still using the legacy simulators and P3D. We’re doing another warbird trainer next. The Meyers OTW 160

I have tried to purchase using clicking on the credit card link, but no joy. Has anybody managed to buy it with the credit card link?

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    I have tried to purchase using clicking on the credit card link, but no joy. Has anybody managed to buy it with the credit card link?

Regards Paul Day.
    the purchase link should be taking you to PayPal and you can use a credit card there. Please PM me.
    P.S. just tested it checking out as guest and it went right through.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I will probably look at all my downloads and see if I find any that are interesting and not too similar to Paul's or mine.
    Lots of choices from what I see on Airliners.net, military and private schemes. Be curious as to what you find.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Did some searchin'

Lots of choices from what I see on Airliners.net, military and private schemes. Be curious as to what you find.
    I probably won't be doing any more repaints for the present. I looked online using Joe Baugher's registration for civil numbers and then at the blog but didn't see anything I really liked or thought someone else would like except for one which has a cowling over the engine. A ton of them were converted to crop dusters according to Joe B and a lot crashed.

Here is a sample of an artificial water rudder from the Virtavia HU-16 that may be of help (an outstanding piece of payware by the way): you need the coding for each contact point line though, readily available

//0 Class (1= landing gear/2= scrape point/3= skid point /4= float/5= water rudder)

point.14= 5, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2000.00, 0, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.10, 0.10, 0, 0, 0 //Artificial water rudder

Great Help

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    Here is a sample of an artificial water rudder from the Virtavia HU-16 that may be of help (an outstanding piece of payware by the way): you need the coding for each contact point line though, readily available

//0 Class (1= landing gear/2= scrape point/3= skid point /4= float/5= water rudder)

point.14= 5, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 2000.00, 0, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.10, 0.10, 0, 0, 0 //Artificial water rudder
    Thanks Mike71

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    the purchase link should be taking you to PayPal and you can use a credit card there. Please PM me.
    P.S. just tested it checking out as guest and it went right through.
    Just picked it up. Thank you very much. Looks like a real gem.
    And thanks others for the comments. I'll no doubt have to apply some since I run P3Dv5.?.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just picked it up. Thank you very much. Looks like a real gem.
    And thanks others for the comments. I'll no doubt have to apply some since I run P3Dv5.?.
    It was built and tested in P3D V 5.3. If you place it in an addon folder you need to follow some of the advice here to avoid a sound file error.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I probably won't be doing any more repaints for the present. I looked online using Joe Baugher's registration for civil numbers and then at the blog but didn't see anything I really liked or thought someone else would like except for one which has a cowling over the engine. A ton of them were converted to crop dusters according to Joe B and a lot crashed.
    Too bad. I saw a few on Airliners.net with military and civilian schemes without a cowling that someone might take on. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills nor the time due to real life issues to even attempt creating an addon texture.
    -- WH

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but is there a paintkit for it? Asking for a friend!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but is there a paintkit for it? Asking for a friend!
    Yes in both Paintshop Pro and Photoshop.

Dave

Yes. For FSXA look in the root directory for the Golden Age Simulations folder.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    Yes in both Paintshop Pro and Photoshop.

Dave
    Yes. For FSXA look in the root directory for the Golden Age Simulations folder.
    Thanks Dave and WH47... long as I've been doing this I can never remember to look in the root directory folders for docs and paint kits!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks Dave and WH47... long as I've been doing this I can never remember to look in the root directory folders for docs and paint kits!
    Welcome. Glad you're looking at getting your paint brush out.
    -- WH

Many Thanks

Thanks to all how supported us with their purchase of the N3N-3. Given how the market has changed, the response exceeded our expectations and we are glad to see folks enjoying the model. The link for the offer has expired. We remain committed to P3D and Legacy FSX for the time being. Our next project is another "warbird" perhaps not as well known, The Meyers OTW.

My GAS N3N does not seem to have functioning navigation (wing) lights, although the lens are clearly there and the panel lighting works.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    My GAS N3N does not seem to have functioning navigation (wing) lights, although the lens are clearly there and the panel lighting works.
    How did you install it? The lights are modeled into the model and use a specific effect, the files for it including the texture are in the Effects folder in the installer. If you placed the model in any location other that the default location provided by the installer you will need to assure that those files are available to the model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	88105

Happened To Me Before

I had this happen before with a Stearman and I discovered that I had not installed the effects as instructed in the install readme. Be sure you have the effects that SPAD54 listed.

Thanks to all how supported us with their purchase of the N3N-3. Given how the market has changed, the response exceeded our expectations and we are glad to see folks enjoying the model. The link for the offer has expired. We remain committed to P3D and Legacy FSX for the time being. Our next project is another "warbird" perhaps not as well known, The Meyers OTW.
    Thanks for doing the N3N-3. I'm really enjoying the float model with all the water runways in the PNW. Looking forward to your next project.
    -- WH

Got my lights and effects all working. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Got my lights and effects all working. Thank you.
    Great. Thanks for the update.

Great. Thanks for the update.
    As an aside, I've noticed that a few of your versions of the Stearman and this N3N use a few of the same effects, so for that reason, I installed GAS products in my addon folder so
    as to not eliminate any effects that share the same name; if I were to remove one of the GAS aircraft, I would want to avoid the possibility of crippling any installed GAS products.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    As an aside, I've noticed that a few of your versions of the Stearman and this N3N use a few of the same effects, so for that reason, I installed GAS products in my addon folder so as to not eliminate any effects that share the same name; if I were to remove one of the GAS aircraft, I would want to avoid the possibility of crippling any installed GAS products.
    Thanks Gray Eagle for posting this advice.

Members who have read this thread: 0