Avia B-534

Thread: Avia B-534

Avia B-534

There is a very interesting web site for one of my favorite planes, the Avia B534. sadly none of the links work. http://mlk-airbase.wz.cz/msfs/avia534/index.html#cfs2
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

A simple search here at SOH would have given you this link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=55&id=27633

merci Roxy..

Stoney, c'mon man, as R says, a simple search here was all that was needed, you're 75....not dead! lol

If you, or anyone else for that matter, is looking for anything, the first thing anyone should do is a general search here at good ol' SOH. Not only that you might find the ac, but also info, corrections, add-ons for that model.

Cheers

Shessi

ps Agreed, the Avia is a good looking ac. And although that old version looks good, it is limited and not a patch on this version!

Hi Stoney,

Ian Elliot did even make an airfield specially for this aircraft. It is hidden in the tread and not available in the library. You can find it here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1246205

And I did quite some repaint for this model. Soem historic accurate Czech liveries, many historic correct German liveries, a Bulgarian one and a fictional Italian one.

Cheers,
    Huub

Library Staff
    Thank you Shessi and Huub for this beautiful model and liveries.

I downloaded her 18 months ago and got distracted with various projects. Thanks to this reminder I've finally got her airborne.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Thanks guys, I do have those in my Europe install, I'd just never seen that web site before. I found it doing research for a peanut scale model I'm going to do the drawings for. Still, next to the Hawker Fury (which I have built) it's a wonderfully proportioned plane.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Stoney,
    Have to agree, there's something about those final biplanes that are just right..

Kevin,
    Chris makes and paints a great model, but Huub's repaints are just superb, making the ac really come alive.

Cheers

Shessi

So true Seeshi, thou I have to admit the Italian one was new to me. And thanks Hubb for the airfield info, something else I'd missed.

Huub,
    as always, excellent work.

I wonder if you could just confirm whether the texture mapping is the same on both the FS9 and CFS2 models, since all of your B534 liveries are only labelled as FS9 paints in the library here.

Thanks in advance for any help . . .

Yes they are....

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Huub,
    as always, excellent work.

I wonder if you could just confirm whether the texture mapping is the same on both the FS9 and CFS2 models, since all of your B534 liveries are only labelled as FS9 paints in the library here.

Thanks in advance for any help . . .

Hi Rohan,

For FS2004 I normally do the the textures in 32 bits format, which will not work in CFS2 as it can't handle 32 bits. But when you convert them into dtx3 format they will work perfect.

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub,
    Oops - I have never done that, but I guess that it is as simple as opening a file in DxtBmp and saving it as a dxt3 file. Would I need to do anything else as part of this conversion, like rotating or inverting the image, or changing or adding or deleting an alpha channel ?

Thanks very much for your input,
    Ro

No Ro, you got it...

As you say just open and resave in either dxt3 format or 565.

Cheers

Shessi

Members who have read this thread: 1