MSFS - download size

Thread: MSFS - download size

MSFS - download size

I pre-ordered the full version of MSFS, and played it a few times, but then shelved it in favour of DCS.

Can anyone tell me what is the full download size as MSFS stands now after all those updates?

In two minds whether to delete the whole thing and download from scratch or try to update......

Premium Deluxe, Sim Update 10 Beta, with all World Updates, Ju-52, Waco, Reno Air Races and Top Gun DLC: 204GB

If you have the Windows/Xbox store version I would just reinstall. If you have the Steam version you should be good to just update it.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Premium Deluxe, Sim Update 10 Beta, with all World Updates, Ju-52, Waco, Reno Air Races and Top Gun DLC: 204GB

If you have the Windows/Xbox store version I would just reinstall. If you have the Steam version you should be good to just update it.
    Thanks, crikey, need to clear some space

Yep, and keep in mind that doesn't include the rolling cache (mine is set to 16GB), my Community folder for addons purchased outside the marketplace (currently at a modest 75GB) and the SDK + Samples and projects, so my total install is closer to 500gb and growing as more addons and World/Sim Updates are released.

My current install is around 1,100 Gigs (1.1 TB) including mods. Most of the mods are freeware, and they pile up fast. I'm sure there are others on here with much larger ones.

If it helps, my kid recently found a deal on 18 TB Seagate hard discs over on Jeff's site, for just under $300. They are a little over $300 now.

August

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    My current install is around 1,100 Gigs (1.1 TB) including mods. Most of the mods are freeware, and they pile up fast. I'm sure there are others on here with much larger ones.

If it helps, my kid recently found a deal on 18 TB Seagate hard discs over on Jeff's site, for just under $300. They are a little over $300 now.

August
    SSD? or HDD?

That sounds like spinners to me. 18TB in SSD would be a few thousand dollars. I found one WD drive available in 15.36TB listed at a penny short of $4,500.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Yes, it's an HDD.

August

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    over on Jeff's site

I ain't from around here, who is Jeff?

@ Centuryseries, I tried to update my DCS open beta yesterday and could not because I have in on a 500GB SSD, but I have a free 1TB SSD sitting next to it, so I'll be taking care of that problem this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post
    I ain't from around here, who is Jeff?

@ Centuryseries, I tried to update my DCS open beta yesterday and could not because I have in on a 500GB SSD, but I have a free 1TB SSD sitting next to it, so I'll be taking care of that problem this weekend.
    Yes DCS takes a fair amount of space too, I keep buying terrains that I never use

I'm going to have to bite the bullet with MSFS, it's a waste otherwise!

Members who have read this thread: 0