Raptor (Released 7/25)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raptor (Released 7/25)

Last edited by Tom Clayton; July 25th, 2022 at 14:52.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Coming soon, I dont know this company (Top Mach Studios) but looks nice.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It's basically the company created by the developers who created the freeware F-22 Raptor.
    The preview looks quite nice.

At first glances this looks to possibly be the same model that is used for the DCS Grinnelli F-22A. I recognize the texture work (I think). Since MSFS and DCS use the same texture formatting, it's possible to just double dip. Will be really interesting to see what happens. I'm super curious what the comp files look like and the normals, and the pilot textures (since I made the updated versions of those for DCS). Hopefully the gaps on the doors were welded shut. That was an issue with the DCS version. I like the wing vapor effects.

Watching the video it looks really nice!!!

Always exciting to see something new instead of just more ports of the stuff we already bought in FSX/P3D. The last decent Raptor we got was what, the IRIS "F-22 but totally not an F-22 please don't sue us"?

They claim it is possible to perform "pedal turns, power look (no idea what this is supposed to be), tail slide, herbst maneuver (J Turn), high alpha pass" and other low speed, high alpha aerobatics. I don't think any developers have gotten aerobatics right aside from GotFriends and their Gee Bee R3, especially not in a jet, so if they can deliver on their promise I will be very happy.

More info here: https://www.topmachstudios.com/f-22a-details/

Hopefully they'll animate the landing gear to show the oleo's moving as when they extended it, it looks compressed like it does when it's sitting on the ground.

Looking much closer it does indeed look like it's the same model. I don't know 100%, but to my eye, it appears to be the same default texture set.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Always exciting to see something new instead of just more ports of the stuff we already bought in FSX/P3D. The last decent Raptor we got was what, the IRIS "F-22 but totally not an F-22 please don't sue us"?

They claim it is possible to perform "pedal turns, power look (no idea what this is supposed to be), tail slide, herbst maneuver (J Turn), high alpha pass" and other low speed, high alpha aerobatics. I don't think any developers have gotten aerobatics right aside from GotFriends and their Gee Bee R3, especially not in a jet, so if they can deliver on their promise I will be very happy.

More info here: https://www.topmachstudios.com/f-22a-details/
    Indeed the last decent F-22 model we had was from IRIS, and I liked it very much. In P3Dv4, that model was even able to perform a loop simulating the vectored thrust on the elevator axis.
    This new F-22 will probably join my hangar at some point.

Looks amazing and will definitely purchase.
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Coming soon, I dont know this company (Top Mach Studios) but looks nice.
    I'm surprised you haven't tried their freeware F-22. It was one of the first good freeware planes for MSFS a looong time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Hopefully they'll animate the landing gear to show the oleo's moving as when they extended it, it looks compressed like it does when it's sitting on the ground.
    If there are issues with the oleos, I'm sure YoYo will find them! #dc3flashbacks

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    If there are issues with the oleos, I'm sure YoYo will find them! #dc3flashbacks
    Hahahaha! "#dc3flashbacks"

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Roger!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Hey, if the oleos don't go up & down like a yo-yo .... that's why they call him YoYo

.... leaving the room

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post

Great shots - whats your verdict ??

In the brief flights so far it seems well modelled.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    What about FM and the first impression? Is it worth to buy it?

I like it, the fbw system feels nice, loops and spins felt ok but there was still some odd behaviour at low speeds. Had no problem doing a high alpha pass and some other manoeuvres, it felt fine during regular flight. I only spent about 30 minutes flying around Nellis but so far no real complaints about how it flys.

For the price, however, I am really disappointed with the sound package. The AI package is just the F-18 which is fine, at least they made a soundai folder, some other devs can't even be bothered to alias it to something else, but the base sounds aren't great either, some of the startup sounds were only coming from my left speaker, it uses a combination of the deault F-18 and some .wav files, it's just not very good.

For $20 I'd have no problems recommending it but I think there is a lot of room here for improvement, for $35 (or the $45CAD that I paid) I'm left wanting more.

It most certainly is a BLAST to fly!!! NC

I can't edit my post otherwise I would do so, but I felt my initial post seemed too negative:

After spending a couple of hours with it now, I am quite pleased with it even though I have some misgivings with the sound. The sound isn't bad, but considering how good the rest of the package is and it's price, I would've liked to have seen a better soundset.

Anyways, it flys very well, it is an absolute blast to do aerobatics in, if you like having fun then you can't really go wrong with the Raptor. It takes some finessing to avoid the dreadful buffeting in the sim when you are doing high alpha manoeuvres but I think they have done a wonderful job with the flight model. It has a LOT of power which took some getting used to while flying formation, but had no problems making small corrections in pitch/roll/yaw to stay on my leads wing. FBW model felt great the whole time. Be sure to read the manual as you want to make sure your sim settings are correctly setup for the aircraft.

Startup is simple and fast, checklist works well, auto-start works well. You can configure everything in the cockpit via the displays, such as default loadout, current loadout, static items like wheel chocks etc and whether your aircraft should spawn with them or not. Great FX suite, nice 3d modelling, textures are good though I would have liked to see more liveries, maybe even some fictional ones just to add a bit more variety.

Haven't really done anything aside from aerobatics and a bit of formation flying but once I was able to move past the things I disliked about it I found a lot to be excited about too. Worth the price of admission.

I just watched the video above and couldn't take my eyes away from the elevators being constantly fully nose-down... Is that normal ?

Members who have read this thread: 0