Italian evolution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Italian evolution

Italian evolution

The Fiat G50 Freccia (arrow) became the Fiat G55 Centauro (centaur)

The Macchi C.200 Seatta (Lightning) became the Macchi C.205 Veltro (Greyhound)

The Reggiane Re2001 Falco II (Falcon) became the Reggiane R.2005 Sagittario (Archer)

Cheers,
    Huub

Interesting how a cockpit canopy and an in-line engine can transform a clunky looking plane into a sleek beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Interesting how a cockpit canopy and an in-line engine can transform a clunky looking plane into a sleek beauty.
    That is exactly what I thought Mick. The early aircraft looked a bit "primitive", but the Italian series 5 fighter are definitely among the best looking aircraft from WWII.

I cheated a bit with the Reggiane as the first in line was of course the Re.2000 Falco I , however the only model available is aged CFS2 model by Corrado La Posta.
    The Re.2005 was an absolute beauty and the model by Luca Festari (Sky unlimited payware), really shows its beauty very well.

And the images show that the Italians really loved long nosed aircraft!

Cheers,
    Huub

Does anybody else still fly the Reggiane Re.2005 Sagittario by Luca Festari & others, which was published by Skyunlimited (jesse Lambert)?

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    Yes. Over the last week, I've mostly been flying the Re.2005, along with the Macchi C.205V for comparison.
    Currently a visitor at the Ancona Aero club, LIPY Falconara.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2022-jul-27-002.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	910.0 KB 
ID:	88044

Nice to see the model is still in use despite its age. I was just curious. The aircraft is often referred to as the most beautiful Axis aircraft and I can fully understand why people did put this label on it. For me personally the Macchi C.202 Folgore could be labelled as most beautiful as well. But as often said "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

Long ago I understood from Luca that the model wasn't very well sold. Most likely too exotic for the Bf.109, Spitifire and Mustang lovers . Which is really a pity as the model is very nicely done.

Those with sharp eyes might have noticed I have been playing with the textures. The original ones by Alessandro Biaggi are quite nice, but I wanted to add a bit more detail. And there are (too) many opinions how the colour "Verde Oliva Scuro 2" actually looked. Or were they actually painted Verde Mimetico 2? There are also difference in opinion about the lower surfaces. And how grey or blue is "Grigio Azzurro Chiaro 1".

And I think a flying Re2005 would draw quite some spectators at the Ancona Aero club!

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    The team that put the Sky Unlimited Re.2005 together were as inspired as Roberto Longhi's team at Reggiane. Their Sagittario is an outstanding FS model and I love flying it.
    Please upload those RA textures when you are satisfied with them. They look great.

I like the look of the 202 over the 205 as well, bit like the difference between the Merlin and Griffon Spits, the Merlins just look cleaner.
    Im guessing the Sagittario is payware, ive googled it but cant seem to find any info

As far as I know there are/have been 3 versions of the Re.2005 Sagittario for FS2004. In my opinion the best one was the payware Skyunlimited one by Luca Festari, which is probably not available anymore. There was another payware one in the Perfect Flight Old Italian Wings package. It looked very nice at the pictures, but wasn't at the same level as the Skyunlimited one. And there is of course the freeware one by Giovanni Quai and Italo D'Attomo. Which is available at Flightsim.com. Although the other ones are perhaps better, it is at least still available and for a price you can't beat!

Cheers,
    Huub

Dear Huub, dear All

You sparked my interst on the 2005 - really stunning

But yes Perfect Flight Old Italian Wings is a bit poor so i will try to prt the "Captains ones" to P3DV4- lets see

Thanks for that interesting thread (WW2 french, italian, others plnes are faaaar underrepresented,even some US where it is mostly P-51, Corsair and Thunderbolt )

Roland

Hi Roland,

Nice to see you here in the dungeons

The variety of different models is most probably one of the biggest reasons why I moved back to FS9. With FSX modelmaking (and texturing) became more complex, which caused people to stop developing models, but also started a large shift towards payware. In FS9 you can fly almost anything from anywhere you can think off and most of it is still free.

Cheers,
    Huub

I would purchase the Reggiane R.2005 Sagittario in the blink of an eye if it was still available.
    Ken

Hi Huub

Got the FS2004 story very well

I am more in P3D especially after I learned how to move planes by MDLX there ( bit addict 9114 planes (including liveries)- loads decently slow )

For the Sagittario interested

Thats off P3D

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-7-31_12-23-12-591.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	427.3 KB 
ID:	88057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-7-31_12-21-1-923.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	88056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-7-31_12-21-21-529.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	88055

Look at the VC. even frame rates are fine ( some gauges borrowed from C.205 some to make)

Roland

One of the reasons I still had the Perfect Flight Re2005 installed was the red acrobatic livery which was included. But I did a similar repaint for the Luca Festari's one, so the Perfect Flight one is gone now.....

Or should I fly this one like this?

Cheers,
    Huub

Beautiful also as the upper one

On the SkyUnlimited one while interior is stunning exterior paints are Hmm OK

Best regards

Roland

Blog Entries

Smile

Huub, your Re.2005 repaints are beautiful. Please consider another HV texture package.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Beautiful also as the upper one

On the SkyUnlimited one while interior is stunning exterior paints are Hmm OK

Best regards

Roland
    Roland,

The original textures were done in 2005/2006 in those days this was more or less the highest achievable standard. We are now able to draw our textures in a much higher resolution and convert them to the maximum 1024x1024 format for FS2004 afterwards.

@Hurricane91 I was already considering to make my textures available. I don't expect many downloads as the model originally wasn't that popular. But in the end I think it will be easier to upload a package instead of sending the textures to those who are interested.

Very unlike me, both textures are very clean. The Re2005 only had a very short career with the Reggia Aeronautica. And on nearly all pictures I have been able to find the Re2005 look very clean and undamaged.So I decided to make the textures "as new".

It was a tough decision to make a choice between the different options of verde oliva scuro 2, but I have chosen for the more brownish version you can see in post #3.

Cheers,
    Huub

And some images from the finished Reggia Aeronautica version.

Final, although I still might make some minor changes........

This is one of my favorite aircraft, I hope you upload the package. Could they be used for the freeware versions?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    This is one of my favorite aircraft, I hope you upload the package. Could they be used for the freeware versions?
    Thanks for the nice words. I'm afraid the textures won't fit the freeware version. The texture lay out from the freeware version is completely different.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub

The variety of different models is most probably one of the biggest reasons why I moved back to FS9.

Why not use FS9 planes in FSX (Almost all are compatible) with bigger resolution texture?
    alx

Melius esse quam videri

Quote Originally Posted by alx View Post
    Hi Huub

The variety of different models is most probably one of the biggest reasons why I moved back to FS9.

Why not use FS9 planes in FSX (Almost all are compatible) with bigger resolution texture?
    Hey Alessandro,

Another unexpected guest is the dungeons. I hope everything is well. I have FSX installed as well and to be honest it looks really nice. And I have several FS9 model working in FSX. However among the "variety of different models" I also love the relative simplicity of FS2004. In most cases with FS2004, I understand what goes wrong when something goes wrong. With FSX it remained guessing. But there also are many reasons to keep FSX installed. And perhaps one day, when your G.50 and MC.202 are finished I will move over to MSFS.

But until than I will keep firing up my FS2004 and occasionally fly in FSX.

Cheers,
    Huub

I go between FS2004, FSGW3 and FSX. I'm a big fan of vintage aircraft so I enjoy my FSGW3 install. I'm also a big Helicopter fan so I fly them in both FS2004 and FSX. Lately I've been looking for more Italian aircraft so I can fly them in FSGW3.

I'm curios on how to get my FS2004 aircraft to fly in FSX. I'm going to have to look into that.

Rob

The Reggiane Re2005 Sagittario can still be purchased; I have done so of late!

First, make sure you have an account with flight1.com.

Second, download the Sagittario from: (https://web.archive.org/web/20110222.../re2005_fs.exe) as a flight1 wrapper/installer; the archived sky-unlimited web page detailing the model may be found here: (https://web.archive.org/web/20110222...net/re2005.htm)

Third, purchase as you would normally with the flight1 wrapper - entering your details including flight1 account address; the flight1 wrapper will not unwrap the product after purchase because Flight1 has discontinued the key system.

Fourth, to get your key and unwrap the product, you'd have to go here (https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=newkey) and from your flight1 account, enter your order details and the email used in your purchase, for flight1 to send you a new key via a downloadable link. Use that downloaded key along with the password, which is the last 4 digits of your credit card used in your purchase to unwrap and install the flight1 Reggiane Re2005.

Hope the above helps anyone still interested in purchasing the beautiful Italian Sagittario

Cheers!

Will not run in Win10

I downloaded the file, but when I double clicked on it I got a Windows Defender error. I chose to run anyways, but nothing shows on screen even though the Flight1 Purchasing Module(32bit) is showing as running in Task Manager. Any suggestions?
    Ken

Members who have read this thread: 2