Aeroplane Heaven Freeware ORBX Central

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Freeware ORBX Central

Aeroplane Heaven Freeware ORBX Central

Hi all,

Saw some great Aeroplane Heaven Freeware aircraft but you need something called ORBX Central. Is there a way to download the aircraft with installing ORBX Central?

Thanks,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    Hi all,

Saw some great Aeroplane Heaven Freeware aircraft but you need something called ORBX Central. Is there a way to download the aircraft with installing ORBX Central?

Thanks,

Rob
    Yes you can download the aircraft with ORBX Central. Very easy.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Thank you, I guess I'm a little leery of installing a piece of software in order to download freeware planes. Can I install them without the ORBX Central?
    Last edited by SgtT; July 19th, 2022 at 09:35.

I'm quite sure you can't. Well at least not in a not in a normal way. I think ORBX introduced Central to avoid illegal copies, so that is why you can't work around it. You need Central both to download the models and to install them.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by SgtT View Post
    Thank you, I guess I'm a little leery of installing a piece of software in order to download freeware planes. Can I install them without the ORBX Central?
    AFAIK, no. Central manages the D/L install and any activation, maintains your list of installed OrbX products and, if you were to later buy current products it will handle updates.

It's pretty smooth and painless unless you have a very weird folder structure.

It's also the only way to get their other freeware products that you should, or will later, want like the NA airports, various mesh/landclass or sceneries (most of which are worth the effort).

IIRC, you are also able to opt out of any marketing emails, etc.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

OK, I'll give it a try.

Members who have read this thread: 1