Track I R Current Edition

Thread: Track I R Current Edition

Track I R Current Edition

Hello Simmers,

O/S is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - FSX Acceleration Service PK2

Been thinking of running Track IR, anybody here able to contribute their thoughts or concerns.

Regards

Successful

I was able to use Track IR on my Windows 7 64bit Home Edition on my ACER laptop and FSX Acceleration if that helps. That was back when I was flying on and off Navy Aircraft Carriers which I found it indispensable but now I am "retired" from virtual U.S. Naval Aviation and flying low and slow general aviation and no longer use it because of the headset required. Personal preference only. It is a great piece of hardware and customer service was very nice and helpful whenever I needed assistance.

I have been using TrackIR for ages now and wouldn't fly without it. I am not financially able to go the VR route and I get excellent visibility with the TrackIR with very little head movement. Also, it is excellent for heli flying where landing is especially tricky if you have to use a cap switch or mouse to look side to side to keep your bearings.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Been thinking of running Track IR, anybody here able to contribute their thoughts or concerns.
    The only concern will be getting hold of one. It's the best upgrade you can get after a joystick. For me, the virtual cockpit never made sense until TrackIR.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Another to consider (I have both and favour this one) is Trackhat. https://www.trackhat.org/ It's offered in a wireless option too. It is more robust than TrackIR imo. Oh and it comes from the UK.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

The Track Hat clip is much better built then the Track IR track clip. I have replaced my Track Clip Pro, and would never buy another one. The Track IR itself (or the Track Hat Device) is a must have.

I've had a TrackIR for years and like others here swear by it but I now only fly in VR so it doesn't get used very often. My ancient TiR 3 still works great though.

I saw a video recently by VR Flight Sim Guy of another alternative head tracker that looks very interesting and doesn't require you to wear anything on your head.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Another alternative that AvAngel uses
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

When I switched from an old Windows XP computer to my current Windows 10 computer, I was able to still use my old TIR-3 Pro. Works great and I would not want to use a flight sim without head tracking.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0