F6F-5 released by Captain Kurt

Thread: F6F-5 released by Captain Kurt

F6f-5_hellcat vf-20

F6f-5_hellcat vf-20

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat VF-20

Unit: VF-20 USS Enerprise (CV-6) Oct, 1944
    Pilot: Anon

The F6F-5 Hellcat was a further refinement of the successful F6F-3. It had a strengthened airframe, a closer cowl that eliminate the cheek bulges, added permanent rocket pylons under wings, a flat bullet proof front windscreen simplified the front canopy giving a better undistorted image through the gun sight especially at night, and the small rear windows were deleted with a rear view mirror installed as these windows added nothing to the rear view. (Some early dash 5 aircraft still had the rear windows before they were eliminated during production.) The camouflage for all of the F6F-5’s was changed to overall sea blue. It was built in the largest number of Hellcats, some 7,870 being produced.

Simple, rugged, and deadly, yet easy to fly, the Hellcat was another product of the Grumman Iron Works. It was larger, heavier, faster, and more powerful than Grumman's F4F Wildcat, and the first American fighter to exceed the performance of the Mitsubishi Zero. Its immense 18-cylinder, 2,000 horsepower radial engine gave it the power to dictate the terms of engagement. Its speed, maneuverability, high-altitude capability, and typical Grumman toughness made it a winner against all comers.

Credits

Captain Kurt: Aircraft model, drop tank, bomb racks, VC, paint textures, panel, aircraft.cfg and .dp
    Shessi: Pilot figure
    Kelticheart: Prop blurred texture
    Microsoft: Gauges and .air file

Bombs and rockets used are from Dbolt's db_us_wep_v2.0a package available at Sim-Outhouse.com
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=281&id=6270

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F-5_HELLCAT VF-20
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VF-20.jpg  
    Last edited by Captain Kurt; July 10th, 2022 at 23:16.

F6f-5_hellcat vf-19

F6f-5_hellcat vf-19

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat VF-19

Unit: VF-19 "Satan's Kittens" USS Lexington (CV-16) Oct. 25, 1944
    Pilot: Ens. A. A. Brauer

The F6F-5 Hellcat was a further refinement of the successful F6F-3. It had a strengthened airframe, a closer cowl that eliminate the cheek bulges, added permanent rocket pylons under wings, a flat bullet proof front windscreen simplified the front canopy giving a better undistorted image through the gun sight especially at night, and the small rear windows were deleted with a rear view mirror installed as these windows added nothing to the rear view. (Some early dash 5 aircraft still had the rear windows before they were eliminated during production.) The camouflage for all of the F6F-5’s was changed to overall sea blue. It was built in the largest number of Hellcats, some 7,870 being produced.

Simple, rugged, and deadly, yet easy to fly, the Hellcat was another product of the Grumman Iron Works. It was larger, heavier, faster, and more powerful than Grumman's F4F Wildcat, and the first American fighter to exceed the performance of the Mitsubishi Zero. Its immense 18-cylinder, 2,000 horsepower radial engine gave it the power to dictate the terms of engagement. Its speed, maneuverability, high-altitude capability, and typical Grumman toughness made it a winner against all comers.

Credits

Captain Kurt: Aircraft model, drop tank, bomb racks, VC, paint textures, panel, aircraft.cfg and .dp

Bombs and rockets used are from Dbolt's db_us_wep_v2.0a package available at Sim-Outhouse.com

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F-5_HELLCAT VF-19
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VF-19-5.jpg  
    Last edited by Captain Kurt; July 10th, 2022 at 23:18.

F6f-5_hellcat vf-12

F6f-5_hellcat vf-12

Description: Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat VF-12

Unit: VF-12 USS Randolph (CV-15) February 1945
    Pilot: Lt. Hamilton McWhorter III

Credits

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F-5_HELLCAT VF-12
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VF-12.jpg  
    Last edited by Captain Kurt; July 10th, 2022 at 23:19.

Hi Captain Kurt
    Great work
    Thanks for these beauties.
    Nice screenshot with the F6f-5_hellcat vf-20.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Outstanding job again Captain! Thank you.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Yee Hah Thanks!

SOH-CM-2024

Icon26 F6F-5 Hellcat

Captain Kurt, thankyou for an outstanding model.

Much appreciated.Your models seem to get better & better.

Regards,

Captain Kurt

My son will enjoy this,so a big thank you.I also noticed 1 is for the Enterprise.

Hiede

Woops, small error. The right small gear door duplicates the front numeral. Please replace the model wth the one attched here. Sorry about that. I will fix the downloads.

model.zip

Hiede let Micheal know I am working on his dash 5N for the Enterprise now.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Captain Kurt

Will tell him.He already flying this one in his Truk missions.

Hiede

Hi CK,
    Many thanks, Hellcat superb.

Great tex, love the warning notices, kills markings and nice exhaust stains.

Cheers

Shessi

Outstanding work Captain! Another nice addition to my hanger.

Cheers
    Aussie

Thank you, Kurt!!!

Cheers mav

Kurt,

Much appreciated - you're releasing stuff faster than I can install them!!!

Icon22 Reply...

Captain Kurt,

Thank you very much for this outstanding model, I look forward to flying this later today!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Kurt,
    Thank you very much for these very nice Hellcats. It is really amazing how beautifully detailed they are.

Thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0