D4Y Suisei - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D4Y Suisei

I am looking forward to fly with it !!!!
    🥂🍾

another request, are there any Japanese water-cooled engine Panel Gauges around?

Wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panel b.jpg  

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Morton did a Ki.61 Hien and a D4Y Susei panel.

Still at his one drive location

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7F2604...2604CFE3F60274
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

unfortunately the zip is defect, I can't open the file

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Take a look at the EGT gauges in these KI-44 gau files. They could essentially serve as both CHT and coolant temp indicators in the absence of the authentic.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    unfortunately the zip is defect, I can't open the file

wolfi
    Check your email
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Library Staff
    Hi Wolfi,

Do you have a picture of Judy's temperature gauge? If so, perhaps a new bitmap could be made and added to an existing temperature gauge, e.g. the RR Merlin.

Cheers,
    Kevin

this is what I have...
    wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D4Y Watercooled - Gauges.jpg  

According to the below link the D4Y used the 1"GOU" Cylinder temperature gauge and 1"GOU" Oil temp gauges the same as the Zero.

The below link has pictures of these and other Japanese gauges

gunsight.jp/b/english/hunatu03e.htm

Cheers
    Aussie

… well it sems, that the upper left gauges are for the Flaps and the dive brakes, as the description says. The Yokosuka P1Y Ginga ( -has Dive bombing capability) has very similar gauges for the Flaps -and I think Dive brakes. I thought at first those gauges are temperature Gauges. Thanks for the very informative link.

wolfi

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    According to the below link the D4Y used the 1"GOU" Cylinder temperature gauge and 1"GOU" Oil temp gauges the same as the Zero.

The below link has pictures of these and other Japanese gauges

gunsight.jp/b/english/hunatu03e.htm

Cheers
    Aussie

Happy to help Wolfi,

It's a great site if you can work out how to navigate through it. There are a few broken links on the English version of the site. There's a whole bunch of great stuff if you go to the below and translate it via your web browser.

gunsight.jp/b/hunatu03.htm

Cheers
    Aussie

As Aussie said, the links are a bit hit & miss, but there is a lot of good stuff on this site

link to their index page in English --->>> http://gunsight.jp/b/english/index1.htm --->>> Funazu Aviation Instrument Museum (gunsight.jp)

The newest picture, -an issue with the main panel caused me e few more grey hairs, a polygon appears untextured in the sim, but not in FSDS2, but that problem is solved after two days. I applied the gauges as in my new book described (Imperial Japanese Navy Aircraft Instrument Panels) -as far I have the correct gauges! A few gauges are not as in the original panel. Most of all gauges are from the stock N1K2J_GEORGE and I use a few external gauges (2x “RBP_sageyoku” for the Flap Gauges lower panel Left, also the Ki-44a!RLC_oilpress_type1, FDG2_B6N!Dive_Angle, AS350!Fuel Valve and b26!RLC_Hydraulic_Gauge).Fortunately I had the MG’s ready and textured so they caused me only little time to implement into the cockpit.

wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D4Y 2022_11_22.jpg  

After a long way, the Aircraft is almost ready for a test flight with pilot and Gunner. There are still things to do, like animations, materials, damaged parts, bullet holes and all the LOD models.
    The aircraft need a proper DP and Airfile and a 2d cockpit.
    But the most of all work is done!
    wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D4Y 2023_12_06 04.jpg   D4Y 2023_12_06 03.jpg   D4Y 2023_12_06 02.jpg   D4Y 2023_12_06 01.jpg  

Beauty! Appetite whetted.

That's looking exceptional Wolfi.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

...and with a little bit more gloss to the fuselage

wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D4Y 2023_12_07 04.jpg  

Oh my, that's stellar cockpit modelling there Wolfi, looking forward to using this one...

What a stunner!
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Looking forward to this one Wolfi, just beautiful.

msfossey

As all way’s, I’m not good in “painting,” “DP” and specially in “Air” Files so here is a request for voluntaries. I have a Zip file of about 20 MB with the actual Model (No LOD models), a FS2000 Model for “DP Edit”. All Texture files with extra PSD files in format 2048 x 2048.
    Remark: the Aircraft is not finished yet, so I’m going to rework a few animations, Especially the rear gunner animations. Also, there are a few Damage parts not ready yet.
    The final model will be breakable and will come with bullet holes.
    The Rear gunner animation works with the two Concorde nose Key’s ( you have to enable them in the key settings to get it to work)

So for all who are interested please send me a private Message

wolfi

This one looks really promizing! Keep it up!

This will be a really nice airplane, looking forward to it!

Unfortunately I have no talents whatsoever in any of the fields where you need assistance, so I can't help out, sorry.

A new way to create more realistic textures.

I saved the texture Template as a 4096 x 4096 file, then I created the lines and rivets, I saved the lines and rivets only as a “negative” (background black and lines/rivets white) (Picture 01) and the texture file without lines and rivets (Picture 02). Then I load both files on a square pane, the texture file as “Diffuse” (Picture 02) base file and the black and white rivet and Lines file as a “bump” map. Then I render the Image. After resized the rendered file to 1024x1024 I saved the File into the texture folder with an amazing 3d effect.
    This was an experiment, I have to play with the “Bump” -should be more grey than black an white, an I have to adjust the light in the Render app.
    wolfi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D4Y 2024_01_09 01.jpg   D4Y 2024_01_09 02.jpg   D4Y 2024_01_09 03.jpg   D4Y 2024_01_09 04.jpg  

Wow, those rivets look like real! Amazing!

Members who have read this thread: 97