F6f3_hellcat released by Captain Kurt! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F6f3_hellcat released by Captain Kurt!

Just awesome Kurt

Now, back to work!

Very sharp!

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks boys. I think the typo in my headline must be a Freudian slip, as this model has definitely given me hell more than once trying to get it right.
    Last edited by Captain Kurt; June 15th, 2022 at 08:42.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Library Staff
    Looking good Kurt - well done!
    The new pilot is a great addition.
    Kevin

Great work! as allways

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Kurt,

Looks great!

WW2 aircraft is a lot harder to build. It is more fun to fly them. I don't like WW1 aircraft all that much. BTW, did you ever build the Red Baron's tri-plane? I love watching the Blue Max movie and I think they used the Red Baron's tri-plane in that movie.

Andrew

dop tank and bomb racks done

Thanks all.

You bet Andrew, much more to detail and better documentation. And no, I never did a triplane. I wanted to fill the gaps in WWI aircraft so I stayed away from those that already had decent models. Still looking to fill the few gaps, now in WWII.

I finished up the drop tank and bomb racks tonight. I was able to get them set up as .dp add on ordinance thanks to some directions from Oglivie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ordinance.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	87666
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Nice rack!!!

Wow, that looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Thanks all.

You bet Andrew, much more to detail and better documentation. And no, I never did a triplane. I wanted to fill the gaps in WWI aircraft so I stayed away from those that already had decent models. Still looking to fill the few gaps, now in WWII.

I finished up the drop tank and bomb racks tonight. I was able to get them set up as .dp add on ordinance thanks to some directions from Oglivie.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ordinance.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	87666
    Kurt,

I hope that you are not planning to build a P-47D. I am getting one close to finish. I have just sent the aircraft to UncleTgt, he is going to paint a few more schemes. I am hoping to have it finished by mid-July. I have these two aircraft on my short list (Corsair and Ki-43). I am not certain when I will start building them.

I am not trying to steal your show. Here is a sneak photo of the aircraft. I hope people are not offended by the nose art.

Andrew

AcWai
    Good looking "Jug". Anxious for Captain Kurt's Hellcat!

F6f3_hellcat

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat

Direct replacement for the stock CFS2 Hellcat - uses M$oft stock bombs and rockets, and no unit markings.

Simple, rugged, and deadly, yet easy to fly, the Hellcat was another product of the Grumman Iron Works. It was larger, heavier, faster, and more powerful than Grumman's F4F Wildcat, and the first American fighter to exceed the performance of the Mitsubishi Zero. Its immense 18-cylinder, 2,000 horsepower radial engine gave it the power to dictate the terms of engagement. Its speed, maneuverability, high-altitude capability, and typical Grumman toughness made it a winner against all comers.

Credits

Captain Kurt: Aircraft model, drop tank, bomb racks, VC, paint textures, panel, aircraft.cfg and .dp
    Shessi: Pilot figure
    Kelticheart: Prop blurred texture
    Microsoft: Gauges and .air file

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F3_HELLCAT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Last edited by Captain Kurt; June 22nd, 2022 at 15:31.

F6f3_hellcat_vf-2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - American

Description: Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat VF-2

Unit: VF-2 USS Hornet (CV-12) March - September 1944

Simple, rugged, and deadly, yet easy to fly, the Hellcat was another product of the Grumman Iron Works. It was larger, heavier, faster, and more powerful than Grumman's F4F Wildcat, and the first American fighter to exceed the performance of the Mitsubishi Zero. Its immense 18-cylinder, 2,000 horsepower radial engine gave it the power to dictate the terms of engagement. Its speed, maneuverability, high-altitude capability, and typical Grumman toughness made it a winner against all comers.

Credits

Captain Kurt: Aircraft model, drop tank, bomb racks, VC, paint textures, panel, aircraft.cfg and .dp

Bombs and rockets used are from Dbolt's db_us_wep_v2.0a package available at Sim-Outhouse.com
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=281&id=6270

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F3_HELLCAT_VF-2
    Last edited by Captain Kurt; June 22nd, 2022 at 15:32.

F6f3_hellcat_vf-9

Description: Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat VF-9

Early production F6F-3 with forwad canted antenna mast.
    Unit: VF-9 USS Essex (CV-9) August 1943

Credits

Captain Kurt: Aircraft model, drop tank, bomb racks, VC, painting, panel, aircraft.cfg and .dp

Bombs and rockets used are from Dbolt's db_us_wep_v2.0a package available at Sim-Outhouse.com

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F3_HELLCAT_VF-9

F6f3_hellcat_vf-19

Description: Grumman F6F-3 Hellcat VF-19

Unit: VF-19 "Satan's Kittens" USS Lexington (CV-16) October 1944
    Pilot: Lt. Bruce W. Williams

Credits

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F3_HELLCAT_VF-19

Let me be the first to thank you Captain Kurt,my son was looking forward to this plane to continue work on his USS Enterprise campaign his uncle started years ago.

Hiede

Thank you Hiedi, I very much look forward to seeing it when he is finished.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Great job Captain Kurt, very nice addition to my library. VC looks great too nicely done

Cheers
    Aussie

SOH-CM-2024

Icon26 F6F-3 Hellcat

Hi Captain Kurt, Thank you for an excellent Aircraft. The panel is a Very good one far better than the atrocious one that came with the Microsoft Aircraft. It was nearly as bad as their P-38 Lightnings panel; Which you thankfully corrected.
    Please keep up the good work !!

Thanks again,
    Regards,

another replacement for a stock plane for me, great work!

wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Lovely work Kurt. Many thanks!!

Thank you Kurt!!

My compliments & thanks! Great works!

hertzie

Absolutely excellent, many thanks Captain, for this one and also for all the work you delivered on CFS2 to our great pleasure!
    Salute

Members who have read this thread: 1