Manuele Villa

Thread: Manuele Villa

Manuele Villa

Manuele Villa has given us many quite extraordinary models over the year. Manuele stopped posting already a while ago, but still visited the site occasionally. His last upload was a repaint for the A2A Constellation and Manuele posted his last message in May 2019. He has been absent since October 2020 and I really hope he is still fine.
    Here are some images of what I consider his finest models with my comments.

When my memory still serves me well the DFS.230 Glider was Manuele's fist model

As I currently don't have all his models installed, but one of the models which I have installed since it was released is the magnificent SM.79 package. He thought the package was a bit dated and needed improvement, but it was close to perfect for me

Not all model were military and he created an interesting FIAT G.18V, which is a sort of Italian copy of the DC.3

Also the extremely detailed Breda Ba.65 isn't exactly a very common model.

Manuele's Ansaldo SVA.5 is also definitely a must have!

And talking about beautiful biplanes.........

As most of you know I'm more a single engine person. His Folgores and Veltros are therefore among my absolute favourites. Personally I think the Folgore is one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built.

And for me the model with the absolutely best pilots is Manuele's tiny A.V.I.A L.3. The animations are perfect! Watch how the instructor observes the candidate pilot, who obviously is very nervous as he is really a bit pale!

Personally I always think Manuele did the civil S.79 CS especially for me. Immediately after he had released the military SM.79 packages, I asked whether he had the intention to do the beautiful streamlined CS models. As I already, said he thought the SM.79 could use some additional work. And he create a more or less complete new model. Although I'm more a single engine person, I think it is the best model Manuele did. It is a real challenge to navigate it over the Ocean, which I once did.

And the model from which I'm sure he really did especially did for me, is shown in the last picture. The Passeggeri wasn't part of what Manuele had in mind. But when I asked for it, he made a compromise. The VC is the same as with the CS models, while the real Passeggeri had a slightly different lay-out. But I'm convinced nobody had realised that until now.

As said Manuele gave us quite some extraordinary aircraft. But more important, Manuele is a dear friend for me, and I hope he just got bored with flightsimming and is enjoying life.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you, Huub, for a perfect summary of the work of a fantastic flight simulation engineer who created many of my favourite models.

And thank you, Manuele, for all of your work for both FS9 and other simulators.

Cant argue with any of those Huub, everyone should have a Folgores at least in the hanger

You saw my most recent screenshots post then huub

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    You saw my most recent screenshots post then huub

Ttfn

Pete
    I did

Manuele often participated in work from others. Most well known is the work from Stefano Meneghini (pcmeneg) for which he often did the textures and helped Stefano to add more realism into his models.

The Savoia Marchetti S.73 is one of them. Both in military version

As in civil version.

You can also see Manuele's hand in the huge Savoia Marchetti S.81 project

And Benito's personal ride... "Tartaruga" (turtle)

And their cooperation brought us this beautiful and interesting Fiat G.12

And of course this beauty (or is it the beast), for which Milton Shupe did the model and which was finished by Manuele (the trick is in the tail!)

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0