Local Legends #5 Available Now - Beechcraft Model 18 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Local Legends #5 Available Now - Beechcraft Model 18

Some of these repaints are making it very difficult to resist the Beech 18. However, does anyone know whether a service pack has been hinted at - one that would address the reported sound issues ?

I'm one of those flyers that is sometimes sold on an aircraft based on available repaints from the artists found on this site. Although my unofficial plan for this particular version of MSFS is to stick with mainly radials, I'm having a real hard time not going for the F-104, largely because of the repaint screenshots in here. :-)

Forest

This thing is a livery monster. She looks stunning in all these!

I'm like the mates who don't own this model, but guys, your so beautiful repaints are changing my mind!
    Richard

I've finally got this one finished and uploaded to Flightsim.to, available here: https://flightsim.to/file/36720/beec...r-mk-3n-n2292k

The repaint depicts the restored 1951 Beech Expeditor Mk.3N registered as N2292K. Despite the USAF color scheme it has been restored in, it was originally built for and served with the Royal Canadian Air Force, with RCAF serial number 1433.

I've been requested to do this one next, which I've just begun working on (lots of DayGlo!): https://www.flickr.com/photos/ajw197...99242/sizes/h/

Icon14

Thank you very much for this wonderful livery John! It looks magnificent Click image for larger version. 

Name:	applause.gif 
Views:	536 
Size:	607 Bytes 
ID:	87954

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Thank you, Tim! It has been fun to bring some of these personal favorites of mine into the sim.

that one is looking very salty, Paul
    Definitely an alternative to the clean as a whistle bandbox paints...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

oh, bring out the aluminium polish! You need to take better care of your aircraft, Paul!

Meanwhile, I uploaded a Swedish paint:
    jk5767 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5771 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5765 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

The Swedish Air Force has used 3 Beech 18's. The first, a D18R, was bought in 1940 and served as an ambulance aircraft with F4 and F21. Two more were bought in 1948 at the same time as the last P-51's. It's Swedish designatation was TP45, and the aircraft received the serials 45001 and 45002.
    They were stationed with F8 at Barkaby, and were used for VIP transports until 1956. 45001 was in need of an overhaul by then, but as the Swedish Air Force was buying Pembrokes, it was scrapped. 45002 was transferred to F21 in Hägernäs, and placed on floats (possibly coming from the first Beech), and continued flying until 1958, when it was damaged beyond repair during a waterlanding in Hägernäsviken. The pilots and passengers survived, but the aircraft was scrapped afterwards.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

"oh, bring out the aluminium polish! You need to take better care of your aircraft, Paul!"

Yes it is a bit crusty but the next one will be polished - looking for a scenery guy to make me a billboard you can fly through. Hint,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    "oh, bring out the aluminium polish! You need to take better care of your aircraft, Paul!"

Yes it is a bit crusty but the next one will be polished - looking for a scenery guy to make me a billboard you can fly through. Hint,,,,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A00BC749-6866-434A-9B36-BBCEC75A2F00.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	88033

“What if something goes wrong?”

”What could possibly go wrong with an Old Fashioned?”

It's all your fault Ray. I just went over to Amazon and bought the movie. Haven't watched it in years, but I remember it was hilarious.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    It's all your fault Ray. I just went over to Amazon and bought the movie. Haven't watched it in years, but I remember it was hilarious.
    Sue
    Now it's YOUR fault for making me go buy it!! I remember seeing it in the theater when it came out.

Don BP

Now ready to fly or crash through that billboard - search for it at flightsim.to - complete interior as close to the movie plane's interior that I can get from the hd movie clip (including the tacky cockpit seat covers)

That looks really nice! Looking forward to it.

cheers,
    steve

Love it! I really enjoy this plane.

The fact that there is an embarrassment of riches in liveries doesn’t hurt either! 😁

I can't get enough of painting this one, with so many more paint schemes still to do. I should have this one uploaded to Flightsim.to tonight, along with another, earlier, version of the same aircraft which will be separate. Like my last repaint, depicting the Antarctic Research Expedition C-45, this is another "historical" example, not a modern-day restoration, and in this case it was based on a single B&W photo. The aim was to recreate it as accurate to the original as possible, with all correct markings, stencils, colors and finishes, and presented as a very authentic restoration. This required researching photos of C-45s in USAF service in the late 40s and early 50s, as well as digging through some of the original factory blueprints and service manuals.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; August 10th, 2022 at 17:53.

Great work on that John, those shots are stunning.

Thank you, Doug! It is now available here, for anyone who might be interested: https://flightsim.to/file/37925/beec...ditor-43-35764

I fully support your addiction to repainting the Beech 18, John! So many cool C-45 and JRB/SNB paints out there. How many planes served in WW2, for the Strategic Air Command, and Air America? I didn't realize they made them all the way up to 1970.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you, Doug! It is now available here, for anyone who might be interested: https://flightsim.to/file/37925/beec...ditor-43-35764

I know it is a different airplane. However, this image reminds me of the movie Casaablanca when Ingrid Bergman leaves Bogart and flies to safety.
    Last edited by jmig; August 11th, 2022 at 11:31.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 1