not in object database

Thread: not in object database

not in object database

Got a problem with JMK_Chikuma in Midway install not showing up in object database message when I press map button.What am I missing. The panel and sound have fileer file in them.
    Brain fog.

No. But I don't think thats it. None of the addons are in the description file in INFO if that is what you are refering to.

I would add in just that one and test ,

ok-- tomorrow. Bedy by time.

Perhaps remove 5 unneeded ships ,to check for limits too

only 66 ships. Im chasing another rabbit right now.

Hello Highpockets
    Maybe this might help.
    I think Usio originally had all his cruisers set as 'carriers'. (they have flightdecks in the ship file)
    Your ship may have Unit Family '7' in the .dp file.
    This means it is a carrier.

Unit Family '5' is a cruiser.

Also the Category for Non-Aircraft Objects may be a problem
    The categories for some ships are:

13 - Ship Aircraft Carrier
    14 - Ship Cruiser

Pen32Win did some updates to the .dp files and there may be some "cross pollination" with files'

Cheers
    Stuart

Stuart
    Thanks for the tip. I was looking at the mission file and it is a catagory five, but I did not know the .dp file had a catagory. Just looked at it my install and it is a "7".
    I really did not know how all this worked together--learned a bit now. I have used Pen32win updates in other installs, but I am not sure where I pulled Usio's ships from. May be as you suggested--cross pollination. I will let you know how it goes. I bet your are right!

stuart277
    I flew the two problem missions I knew about by installing Pen32win dp to Usio's ships and that fixed them. I proceeded to change the dp in all the ships to Pen32win dp's. I haven'td flown any more missions yet, but I am sure that was the issue.
    I probably pulled some of the ships needed from another install and the ones I could not find in my installs, I pulled from the library. As you said cross pollinization or mixed bag.
    Anyway. thanks for the tip and a little schooling.

Members who have read this thread: 0