Converting CFS2 aircraft to FS2004 (GW3)

Thread: Converting CFS2 aircraft to FS2004 (GW3)

Converting CFS2 aircraft to FS2004 (GW3)

I have been trying to convert Captain Kurt's wonderful CFS2, Salmson 2A2 WWI French / American reconnaissance plane to use in my GW3 install. Most of the Captains WWI planes have converted fine and work well in FS2004. However the Salmson, USAS will not accelerate from stop. I've tried to change the thrust_scalar and the fixed_pitch_beta but no change. Tried a different air.file to no effect. By using air/ed I could see nothing to try to change there either. Would anyone advise on an area to look at? Thanks,

Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi Steve,
    I would swap both the airfile and the ac.cfg for a set that works (changing ac ID details etc first). It will then fly ok. Then replace either the airfile or the ac.cfg with the original one, to identify which has the incorrect values and stops acceleration. You can then compare the original non functioning file with the working one and change any values that are different, test, until you get it to fly.

Or...and a lot easier...just use the set from a working ac!

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks Shessi! I'll do that.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

It's probably the same thing as stops some seaplanes moving on the water, contact points and c of g need setting up

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks guys, it worked perfect.

Members who have read this thread: 2