D-day advanced landing ground scenery for FS9

Thread: D-day advanced landing ground scenery for FS9

D-day advanced landing ground scenery for FS9

A bit of a D-day tribute, it being June 6th tmw. i did a version of Newchurch for FSX a few years back when i bought the AH Typhoon, but figured i'd do a FS9 version with a few extra's

D-Day Advanced landing grounds by ian elliot

Newchurch X1NC Kent
    Selsey X1SL West Sussex
    Appledram X1AD West Sussex

3 temporary landing grounds constructed in the spring of 1944 on the south coast of England to support the D-day invasion.
    Selsey and Appledram on the coast of west Sussex, 10 miles east of Portsmouth, and Newchurch, further east along the coast on Romney marsh, Kent.
    Typhoon and Spitfire objects are old Alphasim model's. I found a repaint for the Appledram Spitfires by Sopwith Chameleon depicting 312 Czech sqd, which were stationed there in spring 44
    Ive also made use of the British vehicles library by Edmundo Abad, converted by Shessi, and tent objects by Al Simms

Ive made up some alternative ground bgl's for GW user's, look in the "Alt Ground BGL" folder and transfer over to your scenery folder, make sure you save the original's in case you want them back.

Most of these objects, you should already have by now, but just in case---
    RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip
    Wofi Library Objects.zip (converted to FS9 by Desert Rat), both found in the SOH library
    and the USAAF vchs by Tako_Kichi which are found in most of my other scenery's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d1.jpg   d2.jpg   d3.jpg   d4.jpg  

Thanks Ian,

And as always, highly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Huub

Although I'm confronted with one of my usual issues with your scenery..... Obviously my autogen density setting is somewhat higher that your's

Many thanks Ian,

Love these 'odds and sods' airfields, nice you could use Edmundo's stuff, adds a more immersion factor to the scenery.

Cheers

Shessi

D-Day advanced landing grounds FS9.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: D-Day Advanced landing grounds by Ian Elliot

Newchurch X1NC Kent
    Selsey X1SL West Sussex
    Appledram X1AD West Sussex

3 temporary landing grounds constructed in the spring of 1944 on the south coast of England to support the D-day invasion.

Selsey and Appledram on the coast of west Sussex, 10 miles east of Portmouth, and Newchurch, further east along the coast on Romney marsh, Kent.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit D-Day advanced landing grounds FS9.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi Huub, im guessing you used the GW alt ground bgl's, i was hoping you wouldn't get these problems, if you haven't solved it, ill knock up some excludes
    Last edited by ian elliot; June 5th, 2022 at 12:17.

Hi Ian,
    Much much appreciated, thank you for this nice addon !
    Cheers
    L'iguane

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Hi Huub, im guessing you used the GW alt ground bgl's, i was hoping you wouldn't get these problems, if you haven't solved it, ill knock up some excludes
    Your offer is appreciated Ian. I did an attempt to create an exclusion file yesterday, but for an unknown reason it didn't work. I will give it another try this evening.

Cheers,
    Huub

Same issue here Ian. GW3 install.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Have a go with these, but back up originals first

But im getting a bit confused here Stoney, your grass looks good and the trees are right, just in the wrong place. but Huubs screen looks pretty bad and the trees are wrong for the area, but you both have GW3 ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes thanks Ian, GW3.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

That did the trick Ian. Like Stoney, my base install is GW3, however I have also installed other ground textures. This is why the standard "grass" underground your are using for your airfields is "woods" in mine. The "flat" grass textures you are using in tor alternative ground bgl files is "textured grass (or grassland with sparse bushes)" for me.

The difference in the number of trees is most probably caused by the density setting, which is on "very dense"for scenery and "extremely dense" for autogen in my install. Remember I do have a computer which should be able to run MSFS without any problem, but I'm here just for the fun

As said the ground bgl files in these screenshots are the alternative ones.

Thanks again,
    Huub

While doing the Sussex ALG's, i just assumed there was a Tangmere somewhere, as its a major field and next door. Couldn't find one anywhere so figured i knock up my own . Its in the Q, so give me a while
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    While doing the Sussex ALG's, i just assumed there was a Tangmere somewhere, as its a major field and next door. Couldn't find one anywhere so figured i knock up my own . Its in the Q, so give me a while
    Yes, there is a Tangmere, and RNAS Ford next door too

Tangmere

https://www.surclaro.com/fsdownload-detail-13522.html

Ford ( link on this page)

http://www.nazcastudios.com/sea-hawk/

Ttfn

Pete

Ps..and a couple of versions of Thorney Island

Nice choice Ian! There is a 1940 Battle of Britain version of Tangmere by John McKeon. I had it installed but several textures are missing. Based on the included readme file I think you should have the NOVA and NOVAGOLD textures installed in your main texture folder, but I have neither of them.

Cheers,
    Huub

Edit, i couldnt find a good one anywhere. Thats a 1950's version you have there Huub. The 3 T2's were constructed post war and the hardstanding constructed in 1946 for the RAF High speed flight, although oddly, the tarmac runways are missing

Hi Ian,

I don't know British Airfields well enough to know when the hangars were build. For the Netherlands is is simple all British Hangars are from after WWII . So I was just repeating what was in the read me file.

The NOVA and NOVAGOLD textures can be found at flightsim.com in the "must have" section ( https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...ust-Have-Files ).

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 3