Pacific Scenery Issues
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacific Scenery Issues

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

Icon22 Seabase for Midway1942 by Otis

Does anyone have a sea base for the Midway1942 by Otis for my update Midway. Please send it to me.

Braveheart (Mack)

Icon22 Reply...

Braveheart,

Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries

Midway

Thanks Rami! What I need is an airbase to land seaplanes.

Mack (Braveheart}

Library Staff
    Hi Mack,

Here you go. The seaplane base was on the adjacent Sand Island.

Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Mack,

Here you go. The seaplane base was on the adjacent Sand Island.

Kevin
    Thanks KDriver , .. Much appreciated. Thanks for helping me again (Pear Harbor}.

Bravehheart

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by braveheart77521 View Post
    Thanks KDriver , .. Much appreciated. Thanks for helping me again (Pear Harbor}.

Bravehheart
    Downloaded the seaplane base for Midway. It is located in the shallow lagoon and not in the deeper channel. The aircraft will not move at all. Location of take off should be of the NE tip of Sand Island just inside the channel and take off to the NE, up the channel. How can I fix this?

Mack

Library Staff
    It works for me between the two rows of lit buoys. Your seaplane must have a deeper draught. Try slewing forward a short distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Midway.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    It works for me between the two rows of lit buoys. Your seaplane must have a deeper draught. Try slewing forward a short distance.
    Kevin:

you were right about using slew. However, the lagoon is being recognized not as water, but as a land based field. I accidently used the pby 5a, and it took off just like a B-17 with it's gear down, and rolled down the lagoon like it was on Land. Did I load the sea textures wrong or something? I placed them in the Scenerydb World texture as instructed. Any help will be appreciated.

Mack

Library Staff
    Mack, I have the opposite problem - the runway on East Island is recognised as water.

I'll have a look at Midway with LWM Viewer and see what can be done.

Cheers,
    Kevin

I'm getting large patches of the original land textures poking through, depending on viewing angle and distance. In Mission Builder, if I zoom in so that the whole of Midway is in view, it all looks fine, but if I zoom in closer it gets messy on and around the islands.

Library Staff
    Yes, I get the same effect from time to time as well. Looks like an overhaul may be needed.

Library Staff
    I found the problem with the land/water issue. It depends on whether you have Rhumba's water masks active or not.

When active there is water in the lagoon and on the take off end of the runway. When not active both the runway and lagoon are on dry land.

Like so much of the PTO, it's a matter of turning the water masks on or off.

Pacific scenery problem

Just installed UT's superb pacific scenery. However, I seem to have messed up (again). Any help would be appreciated. First scene is Eniwetok. I'm sure I have installed all correctly, but I missed something.
    All world textures were copied to main texture folder as instructed. Thanks

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Eniwetok.png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

This is Wake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (44).png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Missing water textures. Installed UT Pacific Blues. Ok now.

Lightbulb Due to the lack of response....

Yo Stoney;

Bummer eh?

I wish to politely recommend that you to recheck the d/l and then re-read the included installation instructions.

It appears you MAY made an installation "boo-boo" somewhere.

Best of Luck!
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

Icon17

I think the lack of response was due to no one knowing what the problem might have been. The images didn’t look like the usual glitches. I was postponing my response until I could get home to do a little research. I’m glad it was only the lack of some appropriate bitmaps.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks guys. But I really did follow instructions and was perplexed to the problem. But as soon as I put the Pacific Blues revisited subdued Texture Set by Uncle Tgt the issue was resolved, and much to my relief I can tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Thanks guys. But I really did follow instructions and was perplexed to the problem. But as soon as I put the Pacific Blues revisited subdued Texture Set by Uncle Tgt the issue was resolved, and much to my relief I can tell you.
    I had a similar (but not identical) issue which we resolved by discovering some additional textures that were in previous downloads. There is a thread here recently that has the discussion and resolution - I'll see if I can find it (but not at my main PC at the moment to check) - Have a look through some of the earlier UT downloads and add any of the textures that are different.- from memory there were a couple of lagoon/sea textures that were missing and I think I found them in the UT Solomons download. - worth a try anyway. On a related point, I'm not 100% convinced of the need/benefit to place all the textures in the world folder as this seems to raise issues. I think that if the textures are with the particular scenery then this possibly works better and is maybe easier to manage. There are often several ways of achieving the same thing and they each have pros/cons, which depends on individual installs etc, probably.

Small points for clarification here. The subdued Pacific Blues water texture pack DOES NOT contain any additional textures. The pack is a reworking of the stock water texture bitmaps.

Therefore, Stoney's issue seems to have been some default textures in the wrong format. Otherwise, simply installing the subdued Pacific Blues couldn't have fixed it.

Secondly, Christian Fumey's instructions for G2K scenery is quite explicit. There MUST BE a copy of the texture bitmaps used present in both the CFS2/SCENEDB/scenery/texture & CFS2/Texture folders for the scenery to display correctly. This is especially important for custom textures & lines.

If the texture bitmap filenames are not present in these two locations - the sim displayed those Green/Blue/Brown squares because it can't decide what to use to display properly.

You will note I was careful to state "texture bitmap filenames". They don't have to be the exact same bitmap.

It is this point that allows the development of the reef/lagoon waterclass effects.

This also allows you to have light coloured roads in a discrete scenery layer (see my Marshall Islands, or Wake scenery), whilst retaining darker muddy roads for everywhere else, even though they both use the vroadssu.bmp texture...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Small points for clarification here. The subdued Pacific Blues water texture pack DOES NOT contain any additional textures. The pack is a reworking of the stock water texture bitmaps.

Therefore, Stoney's issue seems to have been some default textures in the wrong format. Otherwise, simply installing the subdued Pacific Blues couldn't have fixed it.

Secondly, Christian Fumey's instructions for G2K scenery is quite explicit. There MUST BE a copy of the texture bitmaps used present in both the CFS2/SCENEDB/scenery/texture & CFS2/Texture folders for the scenery to display correctly. This is especially important for custom textures & lines.

If the texture bitmap filenames are not present in these two locations - the sim displayed those Green/Blue/Brown squares because it can't decide what to use to display properly.

You will note I was careful to state "texture bitmap filenames". They don't have to be the exact same bitmap.

It is this point that allows the development of the reef/lagoon waterclass effects.

This also allows you to have light coloured roads in a discrete scenery layer (see my Marshall Islands, or Wake scenery), whilst retaining darker muddy roads for everywhere else, even though they both use the vroadssu.bmp texture...
    Gee whiz - I'm back in kindergarten again!

Thanks UT
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.

[QUOTE=UncleTgt;1293673]

"..Secondly, Christian Fumey's instructions for G2K scenery is quite explicit. There MUST BE a copy of the texture bitmaps used present in both the CFS2/SCENEDB/scenery/texture & CFS2/Texture folders for the scenery to display correctly. This is especially important for custom textures & lines.

If the texture bitmap filenames are not present in these two locations - the sim displayed those Green/Blue/Brown squares because it can't decide what to use to display properly."

I've found that I only need the textures in CFS2/SCENEDB/scenery/texture, and don't need to duplicate the textures in CFS2/Texture folder. This appears to be working fine for me, (so far!). Given the quirky nature of CFS2 I don't doubt that each installation of CFS2 can behave quite differently.

Black Squares

I have all the best (UT) scenery but I am having just a few spots that appear black. Not a big deal to me, but I was wondering if any one else has this issue. Tried to isolate the problem but no go. This is a shot at Mt. Fuji.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails grab_023.jpg  
    Last edited by kdriver; October 21st, 2022 at 06:53.

Icon5

Ok S, before telling you, what do YOU think is the problem, or possibly could be the problem?

Cheers

Shessi

Well, I have checked and recheck UT's and MR scenery readmes and have them installed correctly and didn't make some obvious mistake. All the World/textures were copied into the main CFS2 Texture folder. I tried to find any texture anomalies in other pacific sceneries, (of which there are many) and all seemed to be well there as well. But, I still think the trouble is in the other scenery's area.

Truth is I just don't know and am still trying to find the offender. I was hoping some other forum members might recognize the problem and have resolved the issue at some time in the past and save me trying to reinvent the wheel. I only ask here as I don't know how to proceed.

Steve

Members who have read this thread: 0