Translation of German Manual

Thread: Translation of German Manual

Translation of German Manual

Hi all,

I am curious if anyone here would be willing to help me with a translation project. I have a flight manual for a project aircraft that I need translated so I can model the aircraft’s systems and operation correctly. I have done translations of German manuals in the past that I think turned out ok, but I am not a native speaker and was never that good to begin with, and it’s been quite a few years. So the translation process is very time consuming for me. If anyone here would like to help and think you can do better than a guy who took a few German language classes a decade ago, I would greatly appreciate it! It would cut down significantly on the time it takes to get the project finished and available for you all to enjoy.

Thanks,

Dan

If you can't find anyone, I could ask Rafael Dipper who used to be active here a while back.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Anyone whose online name starts with "von" or predominantly flies Axis aircraft, this is the time to raise your hand!

(If no one reacts, my classes were 35 years ago. As long as an aeronautical degree isn't required nor I have to read the engineering equivalent of 'War & Peace' -I don't have that much spare time- I am willing to lend a hand)

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Thanks guys. Joost, at a guess even if it was 35 years ago I suspect it was of a higher quality that what I got.

For technical terminology, it is probably a matter of a little back and forth to get a good translation if unfamiliar terms are being used. I know enough to usually have a pretty good idea of the components I am expecting to find referenced in different sections of a manual that between a working technical knowledge in English collaborating with a working knowledge of German, a decent translation should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    ... Joost, at a guess even if it was 35 years ago I suspect it was of a higher quality that what I got. ...
    Wie, bitte?

Seriously, I think together we can manage. My first language is somewhat closer to German than yours, I suppose. So let me know what is needed .

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

I would ask Erwin Welker (er_welker@web.de) if I were you. Great guy, always willing to help.

hertzie.

Members who have read this thread: 0