Bae 146

Thread: Bae 146

Bae 146

Funny,

that the FIRST (AFAIK) 'proper, third party native MSFS study-level jetliner' has been released and that there's only 21 replies sofar at Avsim about it and absolutely non whatsoever sofar here at SOH (not really thàt much surprising of course).

Certainly, Concorde has been released a few weeks ago but i'm not sure, can we call that a regular jetliner ? She is very, very special, isn't she. The BAE 146 however IS a regular jetliner and i, for one, think that the Just Flight 'in-house' dev team did a fantastic job in the graphics department of their 146 project. And that's only by viewing the promotional screenshots and video. Inside and out it looks absolute superb.

I might take the plunge for the looks only. I mean, look at it:

https://youtu.be/jJipoLBWPsM

At about 60 Euro's you'd probabely have to have a thing going for the BAE 146 but it IS the first 'study-level' jetliner and it looks just amazing. Maybe, if the flight dynamics and systems simulation prove to be up there in that same region as well it might turn out to be winner.

I think its probably that although the 146 is an interesting plane its a bit of an odd ball and most of the study level tube liner crowd are more interested in the mainstream planes.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    I think its probably that although the 146 is an interesting plane its a bit of an odd ball and most of the study level tube liner crowd are more interested in the mainstream planes.
    You might be absolutely right ! We'll see when it's PMDG 737 time, can't get more mainstream than that, can it. ;-)

"Oddball".... I like that word (English not my native language) Could be that, from now on, whenever i see a 146 it'll pop up in my mind. BAE Oddball. Hehe.. I was bit dissapointed by the meaning. It's just something like eccentric... I suspected something a little more oddballish.. ;-)

I do like the look of it, both for real and now Just Flight Team's digital interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    You might be absolutely right ! We'll see when it's PMDG 737 time, can't get more mainstream than that, can it. ;-)
    Soon Jan, soon

In the meantime, it's been released and there's not that many posts more...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    In the meantime, it's been released and there's not that many posts more...

Priller
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...e/24/#comments

343 posts according to Avsim.
    I have it & IMHO well worth the price.
    The MD-80 is out too & there appears to be a few hiccups.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/6...e/33/#comments

T43

The 146 used to be known as "four APU's connected to an electrical fault". I think the apparent lack of interest in this plane is entirely due to the price. Simmers will pay for a relatively obscure plane even if it was out of service long before they were born, if the price is right.

Yep, I'd pay that much for a 727, but I'm just not interested enough in the plane to pay that kind of money, especially since I'm realistically only going to have the time/bandwidth to learn a couple of study-level planes in detail, so I'd be flying this at a more medium-level anyway. At least they dropped the price lower than the initial announcement, but I wonder if they'd have made more $ in the end at $30 because so many more casual-interest and "mid-range" fliers would have checked it out.

I guess we'll just to keep watching the Boeing 247 guy to see if he buys a new Tesla or something.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Soon Jan, soon
    I believe you, Carl, looking forward to it ! ;-)

I got each and every edition because it was always packed with top quality. A joy to fly and nothing to complain about. Together with the experience of the PMDG DC-6 here in MSFS there should be no doubt that it will be the pinnacle of 737 simulation. Still looking forward to the pinnacle of DC-3 simulation as well.

Got the 146 and it's brilliant, highly recommended

The 737...maybe if it was a Classic, but not interested in using a computer to pretend to fly a computer...I'll wait for the 757 to fly a Boeing (unless a 727 or 707 comes along )

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    The 146 used to be known as "four APU's connected to an electrical fault". I think the apparent lack of interest in this plane is entirely due to the price. Simmers will pay for a relatively obscure plane even if it was out of service long before they were born, if the price is right.
    There was a question asked over at the official board as to whether users would rather have this or the upcoming PMDG 737. I answered that if I were to get a study level plane, it would be this one. 737's are as common in the sky as dirt on the ground. I like the more unusual planes.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I replied similarly, but with doubts about MSFS for a full tubeliner experience as Live traffic doesn't currently work and Live traffic in XPlane in combination with LiveAtc makes for currently unbeatable immersion.
    That didn't go down well...but I bought the 146 anyway (no resolve me!)

A dozen flights already, all great, haven't opened the manual yet or engaged autopilot.
    The co-pilot is very helpful in calling out flap speeds etc.
    Flying ILS approaches into London City with real weather gives a different sort of unbeatable immersion!
    And LiveAtc doesn't work for the UK anyway

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Any talented painter prepared to do a paint of the 146 in Coulson fire tanker colours please. There are usually a couple in Australia during our Summer fire season. I thought there would be one in the initial release package but sadly there were none.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Any talented painter prepared to do a paint of the 146 in Coulson fire tanker colours please. There are usually a couple in Australia during our Summer fire season. I thought there would be one in the initial release package but sadly there were none.
    I have read elsewhere that putting your request into Flightsim.to, in the Requests section, may bear fruit.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    not to be picky,but the BAE 146 tankers are "airspray" not Coulson. i think,but im not possitive of this,but i think airspray bought out Neptune aviation . aero flight has the other version,RJ86? anyway i know its an RJ not sure of the number,lol.

RJ85 is the right number if I'm not mistaking.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Coulson operates C-130s and a 737s. Neptune Aviation has BAe 146s with internal tanks and Conair/AeroFlite has RJ85 with external tanks on them. Airspray has a tanked 146 but hasnt flown it on a fire as of yet. The only ones that have gone to Australia are the Conair/Aeroflite RJs.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Coulson operates C-130s and a 737s. Neptune Aviation has BAe 146s with internal tanks and Conair/AeroFlite has RJ85 with external tanks on them. Airspray has a tanked 146 but hasnt flown it on a fire as of yet. The only ones that have gone to Australia are the Conair/Aeroflite RJs.
    good info thanks, id wondered what airspray came in. they had the A/B - 26s out of reddeer alberta right ? they still have tankers ? id thought they had gone out of business after the sale of the invaders and the fire.

Members who have read this thread: 0