Kernel Dump Error

Thread: Kernel Dump Error

Kernel Dump Error

Woke up to a new splash screen when launching MSFS. It appears that the XBox app has been updated. Unfortunately, my computer does NOT like the new app. I've been getting the BSOD along with the description of the Kernel Dump error. Tried rolling back my graphics driver with no joy. Checked into a couple of other things with no joy. Then I decided to try logging out of the XBox app and then starting MSFS. Glory be...it worked! Only problem is, now it seems I have to log out of the XBox app every time I want to use the simulator. Microsoft better fix this issue PDQ. I'm not ready to buy a new rig.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Well...had to bite the bullet. After discussing the situation with SWMBO I ordered a new rig. My 4 year old Alienware Aurora has reached the end of the rainbow as far as gaming is concerned. I tried re-installing windows to no avail. Kept getting BSOD's. At least I'll have a much better graphics card (GeForce RTX 3060Ti) so maybe I'll be able to use Ultra settings on the graphics.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members who have read this thread: 0