Bloch MB152 Avion 2 de GC II/8 3me Escadrille Requin

Thread: Bloch MB152 Avion 2 de GC II/8 3me Escadrille Requin

I know I'm often privileged. I had a chance to fly the Restauravia Bloch MB152 with the improvements done by Gastonj.

A few things have changed. The model has received some gloss and this makes the model more "alive" than the original quite matt version.

But other biggest improvement is of course the VC. Sharp original French instruments and for who fly Gastonj's other models, the familiar radio and Labinal electrical installation.

Gaston told me he will make the upgraded model available via the normal Restauravia site soon(ish).

The package I received contained instruction movies, how to start the aircraft, how to operate the radio and how to activate the guns.

Cheers,
    Huub

Great shots Huub !

It is very nice of Gastonj to offer the native FSX version to us. I'm sure everyone here will appreciate this very much.

The VC pic above seems to have a milky tinge to the glass, but the P3D version you show doesn't :

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...=1#post1287241

Not sure why.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Oops, I originally posted this in wrong forum, but now it has landed in the right place.

@Mike, you are correct about the milky glass, I hope Gastonj is able to solve this as it might be a hard to solve alpha problem. I have tried darkening the alpha layer, but this will make the glass less visible from the inside, but much less transparent from the outside. So I think the glass textures is used at both the inside and outside of the glass and has a reverse effect on the other side.
    But when you look at the pictures Gastonj posted in the P3D forums, you will see the same effect as with the native FSX model. The images I posted were from the original FS9 model with the somewhat basic VC.

But even with the somewhat cloudy glass, still a very nice model to fly and Gastonj's VC a great improvement..

Cheers,
    Huub

Hello Huub,
    Where did you find the bird? Restauravia have it for FS9 but nothing for FSX or P3D, as far as I can see.
    GastonJ is very talented, his models are really great.
    Thks

Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    Hello Huub,
    Where did you find the bird? Restauravia have it for FS9 but nothing for FSX or P3D, as far as I can see.
    GastonJ is very talented, his models are really great.
    Thks
    From Huubs initial post above:
    "Gaston told me he will make the upgraded model available via the normal Restauravia site soon(ish)." . . .as in "not yet available but soon".
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks Falcon, I missed this part!
    It will be a nice gift when time come

Work in progress

The glass is less milky.

The original coversion:

How the glass looks now (with a skin I did for the FS9 model in the past):

How the original looks from the inside (hood is open to see the difference.

And the best to get it (Not much difference, but it doesn't disturb me).

Looks much better, Huub, especially from the outside - big difference !
    The view from inside looking out also now shows less milkiness than your earlier pic in post #1.
    Maybe it was just the lighting or sun position in the post #1 pic that caused the effect, but all seems good now.

Thank-you for the fix.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Hi Mike,

Gastonj did use his magic to improve transparency from the inside. So the glass is indeed less milky. When you have the canopy closed you will hardly notice it, but when you open the hood, you will of course see the difference. But as I said before, I don't mind.

Cheers,
    HUub

Et voila!

Sometimes the solution is so obvious it takes a while to recognise it.

But I think nobody will call this "milky" anymore..............

Although for authenticity the windows still are a bit dirty.....

For those who wonder, Gastonj doesn't have FSX installed anymore, therefore I am more or less his eyes in this. I (and I think more of us) really appreciate he is doing this for us, as he won't fly this upgraded one, simple because he doesn't have FSX anymore.....)

Cheers,
    Huub

The 3rd squadron from GC II/8 (fighter group 11/8) was born when 3C1 squadron from the French navy (flying the Dewoitine D.500) was integrated with the French Air Force in January 1936. This explains the shark as the unit marking.

Until the outbreak of the war it was stationed in Marseille-Marignane, where it flew the twin engined Potez 631. In September 1939 the unit was moved to the Pas de Calais region to fly patrols against German mine laying aircraft. Which dropped their mines around the straight of Dover/Pas de Calais to obstruct the merchant ships.

Beginning January 1940 the unit started to receive the single engine Bloch MB 152 and the unit was move to the Paris region to familiarise with these new aircraft. But 10 days after the Germans had invaded the Low Countries and France. The unit was moved to Deauville to fight the Germans, who had already taken Abbevile by that time. As the range of the MB 152 was not sufficient to cover the distance between Deauville and Dunkerque and back, the unit was moved to Lympne airfield in the UK, from where it provided air cover during operation Dynamo.

GC II / 8 was one of six groups maintained in service after the Armistice. The Group is finally dissolved on November 25, 1942

This repaint is based on a profile in Les AILES de GLOIRE volume 3 Bloch Mb152

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi,

Oops!This repaint makes me happy! Everything that relates directly or indirectly to "Marseille Marignane" (today "Marseille Provence") fascinates me. There is also a picture of this camouflage on the net, I don't remember where I saw it.
    By the way, the release for P3DV5 and FSX is expected in a few days depending on availability.

JMC

Hello GastonJ
    And this one?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9063effa7efd9189e3ca84fe97a4ab5c7f07f6db_2_690x431.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	86889
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre 3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	297.3 KB 
ID:	86890

J'essaye ...

Hello,
    Why not...but my models now are full PBR. To make metallic textures like those of the engine cover or landing gear, I don't know how to do in specular. If anyone wants to do this and get similar results...
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,
    . . . . . . .By the way, the release for P3DV5 and FSX is expected in a few days depending on availability.
    JMC
    That's great news Gastonj, excellent work!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Check your e-mail Gastonj. The textures are not finished yet, but good enough to play with.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi huub,

This repaint works perfectly with P3DV5!

Thank's,
    JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bloch_requin_1.jpg   bloch_requin_2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi huub,

This repaint works perfectly with P3DV5!

Thank's,
    JMC
    I'm glad It does. The funny thing is that it even works in FS2004. (And so does the original model!)

Cheers,
    Huub

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This file contains alternative textures for the excellent Bloch MB.152 by the Restauravia team. This model can be found here: http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fs2004.html. These textures will also work on the new, to native FSX and P3D converted model, available at this site. As alpha layers work a bit different in FSX than in FS2004, some additional files are included for FSX.

The 3rd squadron from GC II/8 (fighter group 11/8) was born when 3C1 squadron from the French navy was integrated with the French Air Force in January 1936. Which explains the shark as the unit marking.

In 1939 it was active during the Battle for France and it was briefly stationed at Lympne airfield in the UK to provide air cover during operation Dynamo (Evacuation from Dunkirk).

This file contains alternative textures for the excellent Bloch MB.152 by the Restauravia team. This model can be found here: http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fs2004.html. These textures will also work on the new, to native FSX and P3D converted model, available at this site. As alpha layers work a bit different in FSX than in FS2004, some additional files are included for FSX.

I want to thank the Restauravia team for creating this beautiful model from an unusual aircraft and especially JMC (gastonj) for his conversions into native FSX and P3D format and adding his wonderful VC. I also wish to thank my friends from the Sim-Outhouse for their inspiration and Martin Wright for creating his wonderful DXT1 bitmap manipulator tool.

This repaint is free as it is and should remain free. It didn't harm my computer(s) but the use of this repaint in entirely at your own risk.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    April 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Bloch MB152 Avion 2 de GC II/8 3me Escadrille Requin
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Links seem to dead Huub.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    Links seem to dead Huub.

Try this

http://restauravia.fr/html/fs2004.html

Ttfn

Pete

There is also a Caudron Simoun in the Archives that goes well in Fs9 .

Got it, thanks MM.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Members who have read this thread: 2