Restauravia Bloch MB152 update available

Thread: Restauravia Bloch MB152 update available

Restauravia Bloch MB152 update available

Hi,
    The Restauravia MB152 update is available on the Restauravia website. It consists of two versions, one (initial) for P3DV5 and one for FSX. They are substantially identical in functionality, the P3DV5 version making use of the PBR. The Bloch MB152 was the first fighter aircraft designed by Marcel Bloch, deported because of the resistance and who, upon liberation, changed to the surname of Dassault, which was the one he used in hiding. The current Rafale Dassault is therefore of the lineage of this model. The very robust and very well armed Bloch 152 was however inferior in performance to the BF109 E. The MB155 version which began to enter service at the end of the French campaign and especially the 157 version had to restore the balance. 2 fighter groups of MB152 (among others), a French fighter group is composed of 27 front line aircraft, fought above the Dunkirk pocket for the protection of the evacuation of allied troops. The British planes like the boats were not the only actors in this episode as the cinematographic story suggests (lol).
    Just a picture showing "flying the MB152" :

Have fun!
    JMC

Many thanks Gastonj!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Merci Jean - Marie

So stunning

Thank you

Roland

Thanks you for giving this 15 years old model a second life!

And I guess this was the picture you were referring to. Same unit, different aircraft.

Cheers,
    Huub

Many thanks Gaston!
    Il est vraiment superbe

Gastonj, I notice there are multiple areas that lack any texture. Is there a missing texture by chance? (spinner, prop blades, guns and several areas in the VC).

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Gastonj, I notice there are multiple areas that lack any texture. Is there a missing texture by chance? (spinner, prop blades, guns and several areas in the VC).
    Hi,
    you probably mean that some parts are not textured but are assigned a "color" material. It was and still is a common practice. This is not a defect of the model. At most you would have wished for something different. But I am not the initial creator of this model, I only made the port on P3DV5 and at the request of Huub Vink on FSX. I dare to hope not to have "betrayed" the initial model by updating it a little bit.
    I think it was worth it given the overall quality of this model and the rarity of French warbirds

JMC

Hi Ed,

About which version are we talking? I have my beta version removed and the FSX version which is now available at Restauravia installed. And as far as I can see all is there. The textures for the (static) propeller at at texture "MB152_fus01.bmp" and the propeller blur is texture "prop.bmp" which can found in every individual texture folder.

The textures for the VC can be found in the "texture.shared" sub-folder. However when you try to use my FS2004 textures with the FSX model there won't be any VC textures as the required texture.cfg file is missing.

I can't speak for the P3D version with PRB textures as I don't have P3D5 installed.

The only things I changed at the in the current version are the glass/verre textures, as the version included was hardly visible and I changed the picture at the instrument board in the VC into something less "decent"

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub, I made an assumption that since those areas were solid black that it meant a missing texture or as gantonj suggested those areas were simply given a "material color". When you referenced the fuse texture I looked closer at that and found the faint outline of the spinner and static prop. The guns were the same on fuse_04. I am using the airplane in FSX right now and will spend a bit more time in the VC as some areas there were also solid black.

This carried through on all the liveries. Thanks for the HU!

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi Ed,

About which version are we talking? I have my beta version removed and the FSX version which is now available at Restauravia installed. And as far as I can see all is there. The textures for the (static) propeller at at texture "MB152_fus01.bmp" and the propeller blur is texture "prop.bmp" which can found in every individual texture folder.

The textures for the VC can be found in the "texture.shared" sub-folder. However when you try to use my FS2004 textures with the FSX model there won't be any VC textures as the required texture.cfg file is missing.

I can't speak for the P3D version with PRB textures as I don't have P3D5 installed.

The only things I changed at the in the current version are the glass/verre textures, as the version included was hardly visible and I changed the picture at the instrument board in the VC into something less "decent"

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub,
    The picture in the VC is my wife at the age of height -lol - It's the signature of my work !
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi Huub,
    The picture in the VC is my wife at the age of height -lol - It's the signature of my work !
    JMC
    Ha ha , I already thought it was. I recognised her from the Dewoitine and the Nieuport Delage.

But I thought a pin-up would be nice for the young brave men who flew this aircraft. When the Americans could have their pin-ups, I thought the Bloch pilots, could get Brigitte Bardot in a bikini (although she was only 6 years old when the war started )

Cheers,
    Huub

For those who want it, the repaint depicting an aircraft from GC II/8 3me Escadrille Le Requin is avialable in the library. It is labelled as an FS2004 repaint, but is tested and will work in FSX and P3D5. Instructions how to install these textures in the different simulators are included. These instruction can also be used to make my other FS2004 skins for this beautiful model work in FSX and P3D.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0